ECV and busses at SSR

SMF_mom23

Mouseketeer
My sister and I will be staying in a preferred 1BR at SSR for FArts January 19-25. Our father will be using an ECV for this trip due to low energy/endurance resulting from anemia and kidney cancer (thankfully no dialysis yet). Which building/area should I choose to ensure we don't experience issues with having to wait for busses due to their already having the max number of ECVs on board?

If it helps/matters, we have 6 park days and plan to split MK and EPCOT into two days each. Our arrival day (actually the 18th, but we need to make a rezzie for that night, still) we're planning to spend at DS and take dad on the Amphicars, which we think he'll love.

My sister and I will be staying in a preferred 1BR at SSR for FArts January 19-25. Our father will be using an ECV for this trip due to low energy/endurance resulting from anemia and kidney cancer (thankfully no dialysis yet). Which building/area should I choose to ensure we don't experience issues with having to wait for busses due to their already having the max number of ECVs on board?

If it helps/matters, we have 6 park days and plan to split MK and EPCOT into two days each. Our arrival day (actually the 18th, but we need to make a rezzie for that night, still) we're planning to spend at DS and take dad on the Amphicars, which we think he'll love.
Congress Park and The Springs are the two preferred sections at SSR and they are the last two (of five) bus stops when headed to a theme park.

As for DS, Congress Park is the closest preferred section to the walk way over to it.

I would request Grandstand, near the Carriage house. I'm not sure of the building number, but if you look up a map of SSR, the closest rooms are 8501-8836. Second choice would be Grandstand rooms 8101-8436. Grandstand is the first bus pick up.

I would request Grandstand, near the Carriage house. I'm not sure of the building number, but if you look up a map of SSR, the closest rooms are 8501-8836. Second choice would be Grandstand rooms 8101-8436. Grandstand is the first bus pick up.
Grandstand is a standard location and the OP states they have a preferred location reserved.

Grandstand is a standard location and the OP states they have a preferred location reserved.
Does anyone know the order of all the bus stops? Is there one bus stop for each building? And does Springs or Congress Park get picked up before the other? And which stop is last?

Congress Park and The Springs are the two preferred sections at SSR and they are the last two (of five) bus stops when headed to a theme park.

As for DS, Congress Park is the closest preferred section to the walk way over to it.
Thank you for the input! I think we're going to request the Springs so we have more options for getting to an earlier bus stop, if we deem it necessary.

Does anyone know the order of all the bus stops? Is there one bus stop for each building? And does Springs or Congress Park get picked up before the other? And which stop is last?
Yes, the bus stops are Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and finally Springs, one for each neighborhood.

Yes, the bus stops are Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and finally Springs, one for each neighborhood.
Yes, I should have said “neighborhood” instead of “building”. One stop for each building would be a lot of stop and go. Interesting,though, that the 2 preferred neighborhoods, that you pay more points for, are the last 2 bus stops

Yes, I should have said “neighborhood” instead of “building”. One stop for each building would be a lot of stop and go. Interesting,though, that the 2 preferred neighborhoods, that you pay more points for, are the last 2 bus stops
Well, originally all neighborhoods at SSR were equal. Over the years, a clear pattern of requests developed - Congress Park because of the shortest walk to DS, Springs for its proximity to Carriage House and High Rock Springs pool. So when DVC decided to implement booking categories, those two became Preferred because that’s what they were! The bus route is the logical one geographically and wasn’t changed when the booking categories were implemented.

Last trip we had with my mom at SSR with an ECV we were in the Carousel section which is the second stop for pick up. Only one time all week were we not able to load the first bus due to it already having 2 ECV’s on it (we rope dropped pretty much every day). The bus driver immediately radioed in and another bus arrived quickly. Later in the day it will be luck of the draw as an ECV can get on or off any stop. Honestly we never felt like it was an issue.

If you are leaving SSR at peak times Springs can be very problematic. It is the last stop before leaving the resort and frequently all ECV spots are full… I tend to stay at the Paddock… personal preference. Bus is often full by Springs and ECVs are left waiting. Particularly an issue in the morning.

Have to say that’s one of the reasons I prefer standard over preferred locations at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter