• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easy and delicious Thanksgiving meal

My grandmother made it every year for Christmas, because my grandfather loved it. I don't think any of us kids ever ate it.

Traditional English mincemeat pie did actually contain meat, usually mutton, venison or beef, along with dried fruit as the filling. Modern versions may use suet as an ingredient, but most are a combination of fruits (dates, figs, raisins, apricots, apples, etc.) and spices.

OP, I'm guessing your photo is not real, however they do make canned turkey meat, similar to tuna, which doesn't look too bad.

I don't know if it is real or not. I just saw the picture and grabbed it. But I doubt very much that there is a market for it, and that it would be big enough to mass produce it. I don't even imagine a dog liking it! :crazy2:

OK, I'm game to try and guess the layers (working from top to bottom):
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
???
Gravy
Pressed turkey
Cranberry sauce
Broccoli
Sweet potatoes
??? More gravy or maybe blended-up pumpkin pie

I think that's pretty accurate. :teeth: You could slice it up and heat it, or better yet, just grab a spoon and eat it out of the can!

I think that's pretty accurate. :teeth: You could slice it up and heat it, or better yet, just grab a spoon and eat it out of the can!
I'd "like" your post but somehow that doesn't seem quite like the appropriate response...:crazy2:
:rotfl2:

I don't know if it is real or not. I just saw the picture and grabbed it. But I doubt very much that there is a market for it, and that it would be big enough to mass produce it. I don't even imagine a dog liking it! :crazy2:

I'm with you. Looks nasty to me, but I'm sure there are some people who would like it. The same ones who like Spam and Vienna sausages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter