Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

Have been here for a week now. Room key check for emh at DCA is hit or miss: it it depended on the line you were in. Emh was great for rsr! Did not have to run to ride and still made it on the ride within 15-20 minutes. We lined up at DCA entrance by 6:50am

Have been here for a week now. Room key check for emh at DCA is hit or miss: it it depended on the line you were in. Emh was great for rsr! Did not have to run to ride and still made it on the ride within 15-20 minutes. We lined up at DCA entrance by 6:50am

Wow! Showing up 10 minutes before EMH starts and only having to wait 15-20 minutes for RSR is very uncharacteristic from what I've read on these boards. I hope we have a similar experience!! Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Showing up 10 minutes before EMH starts and only having to wait 15-20 minutes for RSR is very uncharacteristic from what I've read on these boards. I hope we have a similar experience!! Thanks for sharing.

We went on rsr, toy story, and soarin during the morning and was done by 9:15.

Thanks, ArchOwl. Makes sense to play it safe, so I'll just carry them all. We'll be staying at the DLH, so we don't plan to use the GCH entrance for EMH. Several folks have made it clear on these boards that it's faster to go through the main DCA entrance for EMH. I'll be sure to ask for four keys when we check in if they don't give us that many on their own. Thanks again!

Everyone on your reservation should get a key upon check-in, even the kids. So that shouldn't be an issue. You are right that first thing in the morning is better to use the regular entrance rather than GCH entrance, sounds like you are ready!

Thanks for the info, great post :thumbsup2

I didn't read all the replies, but maybe someone can help me out here:

If going to EHM/MM, what time should you be out your door if staying at GCH? We would like to get a quick snack before EMH begins, then go hardcore until the crowds come in, then get a meal once the free for all is over.

Assuming we leave the room at 6am, are there choices for food along the way that early? Or will we have to suck it up and not eat until after we get Fantasyland done?

How do you plan out your EMH/MM morning?

Thanks for the info, great post :thumbsup2 I didn't read all the replies, but maybe someone can help me out here: If going to EHM/MM, what time should you be out your door if staying at GCH? We would like to get a quick snack before EMH begins, then go hardcore until the crowds come in, then get a meal once the free for all is over. Assuming we leave the room at 6am, are there choices for food along the way that early? Or will we have to suck it up and not eat until after we get Fantasyland done? How do you plan out your EMH/MM morning?

There is no food really that early... Which is a huge bummer. I think room service starts at 6 am, but it's a window and might not get there till 6:15. You might want to bring some granola bars, and eat a late breakfast early lunch. I didn't read your dates... But if early entry starts at 7, you should plan on being in line 30 minutes before, which depending on where your room is in GCH means you should leave the room by 6:15 am.

There is no food really that early... Which is a huge bummer. I think room service starts at 6 am, but it's a window and might not get there till 6:15. You might want to bring some granola bars, and eat a late breakfast early lunch. I didn't read your dates... But if early entry starts at 7, you should plan on being in line 30 minutes before, which depending on where your room is in GCH means you should leave the room by 6:15 am.

Thanks! It makes sense to have something ready to snack on instead of buying it in the morning.... maybe some leftover food from the night before.

:goodvibes

Hello! I have a question about Magic Morning. We have 3 day park hoppers and were planning on visiting the parks Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We planned on using our MM on Tuesday 12/3 but the website says there is no early admission that day!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/12/03"]https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/12/03
(can't post the URL because I'm new)

It appears they have MM on every other Tuesday. Do they not have it in off-peak times? Or could it be added later since the website just added the hours yesterday.

Thanks for any help. :)

Hello! I have a question about Magic Morning. We have 3 day park hoppers and were planning on visiting the parks Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We planned on using our MM on Tuesday 12/3 but the website says there is no early admission that day!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/12/03"]https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/12/03
(can't post the URL because I'm new)

It appears they have MM on every other Tuesday. Do they not have it in off-peak times? Or could it be added later since the website just added the hours yesterday.

Thanks for any help. :)

I looked it up and... just like you suspected... it looks like they haven't added those EMH/MM to the website yet.... I would wait a few days and then check back with them....

also to insert a link into your comments just click on the button above by the font's and such, the button looks like a globe... then a prompt will come up for you to insert the web address into.

I looked it up and... just like you suspected... it looks like they haven't added those EMH/MM to the website yet.... I would wait a few days and then check back with them....

also to insert a link into your comments just click on the button above by the font's and such, the button looks like a globe... then a prompt will come up for you to insert the web address into.

awesome, thanks! I'll be crossing my fingers they add it.

The board says you must have 10 posts to post URLS, so I have to wait until I have 10 to do it. :)

On occasion they do not hold a EE/MM for some reason, special event the night before or something similar. But I would not panic yet. Many items do not get filled in until a month before.

We are planning a 1 night and 2 day trip. We will already be in the area and wonder if we got to the hotel early, like 6AM, could we get our room keys and take advantage of EMH? Then the next morning, before we checked out could we hit EMH? I guess I am asking if you can get 2 Extra Magic Hours out of a one night stay? Someone said you could on the first page, but it was dated 2008 and was just wondering if anyone did it recently.

We were just looking at a cheap off-site hotels since it is a fast trip but then started thinking about a one night splurge at DLH.

We are planning a 1 night and 2 day trip. We will already be in the area and wonder if we got to the hotel early, like 6AM, could we get our room keys and take advantage of EMH? Then the next morning, before we checked out could we hit EMH? I guess I am asking if you can get 2 Extra Magic Hours out of a one night stay? Someone said you could on the first page, but it was dated 2008 and was just wondering if anyone did it recently.

We were just looking at a cheap off-site hotels since it is a fast trip but then started thinking about a one night splurge at DLH.

Just about any question about EMH is answered in the first post of this thread.

For example, see:

2. Extra Magic Hour (EMH)

What? Entrance to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure one hour before official park opening to ride select attractions

Who? Guests can take advantage of EMH by staying at one of the 3 onsite hotels (Grand Californian (including the new VGC DVC places), Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier Hotel). This will entitle the hotel guests EMH every day during their stay, including arrival (yes, possibly before your room is ready) and departure days.

:wizard:

I had to see it to believe it - on Friday, January 24, EMH was scheduled to start at 8 at DCAP, but the people went through the turnstiles starting at 7:46.

Just about any question about EMH is answered in the first post of this thread. For example, see: :wizard:

I understood that I could use it on my arrival OR departure day but I was unclear if it would work both days if I only had a one-night stay.

HydroGuy said:

Why wouldn't it work? We have checked in early to on-site hotels 3 times to use EMH on check-in day, and we always use EMH on check-out day. It should work fine. Also, we always check out before EMH on last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter