Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

Are they enforcing the FP times on RSR? I'd like to ride it once a night, but with the long FP lines it doesn't seem like you can control wheter the FP you get will be for a time window that is after dark.

Also, how long is the FP line wait these days for a regular (non DL/CGH/PP hotel guest) entering the park in time for the official rope drop on an offseason weekday morning when there are already EMH guests in the park? Assuming I make the FP line my first stop when I get into the park.

Are they enforcing the FP times on RSR? I'd like to ride it once a night, but with the long FP lines it doesn't seem like you can control wheter the FP you get will be for a time window that is after dark.

Also, how long is the FP line wait these days for a regular (non DL/CGH/PP hotel guest) entering the park in time for the official rope drop on an offseason weekday morning when there are already EMH guests in the park? Assuming I make the FP line my first stop when I get into the park.
They are enforcing FP times everywhere.

I do not know about your second question but I suspect 20-30 minutes.

:wizard:

Got another question,

Can you get a world of color Fastpass during early entry at DCA or do you have to wait till park opening like RSR? I know they usually let hotel guests in early on non early entry days to get a world of color Fastpass, but what about early entry days.
There are no FPs for anything during early entry.

:wizard:

They are enforcing FP times at RSR. If you want a later FP, I would wait in line until I could see the FP return board. I would let people go in front of me until it advanced to the time I wanted.

When I was there in March, I was staying offsite. I would get to DCA about 25 minutes prior to regular park opening. We would head for the RSR FP line. One person got in line, the other got breakfast at Starbucks! Once the line started moving, it was about 10-15 minutes to get our FP. So it was about 35-40 minutes if you count the time waiting before FP distribution. But we would be in line for breakfast anyway, so it doesn't really bother us.

A good rule of thumb is where you are in line. If you are at Carthay, it will be 10-15 minutes. If you are at the Animation Building, you are looking at 20 minutes or so. As you get further back, the Tower of Terror is 30 minutes or more.

One person got in line, the other got breakfast at Starbucks!

A good rule of thumb is where you are in line. If you are at Carthay, it will be 10-15 minutes. If you are at the Animation Building, you are looking at 20 minutes or so. As you get further back, the Tower of Terror is 30 minutes or more.

I love the idea of splitting up so we get a FP and coffee! And thanks for the idea how long the line is, we haven't been before so that gives us a reference to go by.

I love the idea of splitting up so we get a FP and coffee! And thanks for the idea how long the line is, we haven't been before so that gives us a reference to go by.

No problem, I have probably stood in this line upward of 10+ times, so I am pretty familiar with it. Of course, this is assuming everything is going smoothly. One time there was a hiccup with the FP machines that led to a delay, but in general those times should be a good average.

Have fun! I have to have my coffee in the morning, so this works very well for me. I would be waiting in the Starbucks line anyway. Might as well wait for a RSR FP too!

Hello :)

I've done quite a bit of reading here! Thanks you all for such great advice!

So my plan this coming Friday is to be at the entrance of dca at least 30 mins before early entrance opening.
Look for a spry cast member to ensure a faster line que ;)
Stay to the right.
--- I need to figure out the map to see where it now leads to get towards carsland, but I believe if we just follow the crowd and
Stay to the right in order to use the "wide right" advantage with the rope drop, that should work?
Head directly to the radiator springs ride.
Hopefully I've got all that down pretty good.

My question for advice is -- I have a 2 yr old in stroller. Husband and 7 yr old.
I need to get a rider swap pass.
I'm fretting that if I'm not prepared for how that works, that instead of any advantage we might have had for getting an early entrance into the ride will be messed up trying to get that rider swap pass thing. I'm having visions of instead of a ten or 20 min wait, suddenly we will be at an hour while we wait for a pass.

Any tips? Or has anyone had to do this right at early entrance?? How did it go for you?
I've never done the rider swap thing either.

After we ride radiator springs racers, I plan on trying for a night time fast pass for it, I'm hoping that I can get back over to the fast pass machines then before regular park hours open....
Where are the fast pass machines located?

Thanks!

They are enforcing FP times at RSR. If you want a later FP, I would wait in line until I could see the FP return board. I would let people go in front of me until it advanced to the time I wanted.

When I was there in March, I was staying offsite. I would get to DCA about 25 minutes prior to regular park opening. We would head for the RSR FP line. One person got in line, the other got breakfast at Starbucks! Once the line started moving, it was about 10-15 minutes to get our FP. So it was about 35-40 minutes if you count the time waiting before FP distribution. But we would be in line for breakfast anyway, so it doesn't really bother us.

Is RSR FP connected to the other FP rides in DCA? Since the rest of our party wouldn't want to ride a ride without the person who is in the RSR FP line, could another one of us be in a FP line for another ride (Soairn' for example)?

OCD/over planning question - going June 29th to July 2nd and was bummed that Sun/Mon were EMH for CA as we're staying off site so the crowds will have beaten us to Cars Land but noticed on the official Disney calendar it says there's no early entry those days (June 30/July 1). The EMH/MM for the 2nd are posted already so am I missing something? Are there really no early entry those days?:confused3

Is RSR FP connected to the other FP rides in DCA? Since the rest of our party wouldn't want to ride a ride without the person who is in the RSR FP line, could another one of us be in a FP line for another ride (Soairn' for example)?

It's not connected, but you need everyone's park tickets to put into the FP machine. If the person in the RSR FP line is pretty far back, I guess you could hand off the tickets to someone else in your group to get a Soarin FP right at park open, but they would need to move really quickly to get back to the RSR fastpass line to hand off the tickets.

It's not connected, but you need everyone's park tickets to put into the FP machine. If the person in the RSR FP line is pretty far back, I guess you could hand off the tickets to someone else in your group to get a Soarin FP right at park open, but they would need to move really quickly to get back to the RSR fastpass line to hand off the tickets.

Oh, thats right...the tickets can't be in two places at the same time. I forgot that the tickets would be needed in both FP lines to actually get the FP's.

OCD/over planning question - going June 29th to July 2nd and was bummed that Sun/Mon were EMH for CA as we're staying off site so the crowds will have beaten us to Cars Land but noticed on the official Disney calendar it says there's no early entry those days (June 30/July 1). The EMH/MM for the 2nd are posted already so am I missing something? Are there really no early entry those days?:confused3

I was wondering the same thing, for basically the same reason, but it looks like they've just updated the website. Early Entry is listed for those dates now. Which is great for those who are staying on site, but not for the hoi polloi that aren't staying at a Disney hotel.

I've been hearing stories that RSR doesn't open until 9am on days when grad nights have been the night before. Meaning that it would not be open at all during the EE. Anyone else heard this or other stories. Some people say it hasn't been open whereas others have done the wide right and been one of the first people on it those days.

My first day in the park will be a magic morning on Tuesday. We have 3-day hoppers. Will we have to have our photos taken? How far will this set up back on our magic morning?

For EMH, I read earlier in the thread where someone said each individual has to have an active room key (in addition to a park ticket) in order to get in, but I didn't see any confirmation of that statement. Is it true that each person in the room has to have an active room key to take advantage of EMH (in my case, 4 people in the room so we would need 4 room keys), or can you get away with just one person carrying an active room key on behalf of everyone in the room?

For EMH, I read earlier in the thread where someone said each individual has to have an active room key (in addition to a park ticket) in order to get in, but I didn't see any confirmation of that statement. Is it true that each person in the room has to have an active room key to take advantage of EMH (in my case, 4 people in the room so we would need 4 room keys), or can you get away with just one person carrying an active room key on behalf of everyone in the room?

Sometimes they ask to see all the room keys and sometimes they don't. To be safe, I would have them all. If you are planning on using the GCH entrance, I would for sure have them. They really check there for the first few hours of the day. Have fun!

Sometimes they ask to see all the room keys and sometimes they don't. To be safe, I would have them all. If you are planning on using the GCH entrance, I would for sure have them. They really check there for the first few hours of the day. Have fun!

Thanks, ArchOwl. Makes sense to play it safe, so I'll just carry them all. We'll be staying at the DLH, so we don't plan to use the GCH entrance for EMH. Several folks have made it clear on these boards that it's faster to go through the main DCA entrance for EMH. I'll be sure to ask for four keys when we check in if they don't give us that many on their own. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter