Earliest PAT for Ft. Lauderdale?

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7
Just curious what is the earliest PAT you have gotten for the Dream in Ft Lauderdale (non-concierge or transfers)??? Looking back at our boarding passes, we had as early as 10:30am in Miami the last few years and was just curious!
Thanks!

I have 11:15am for the EBTA, and I am neither Pearl nor Concierge nor using DCL transportation. Were given BG 7, if we assume groups 1 to 5/6 are in hold for some pax, earliest PAT might be at 11am for this cruise.

We're gold and we had a PAT of 12:15 for our January cruise with BG 7.

Boarding had just started when we made it through security (e.g., like BG 2/3), so I don't know that there were many PATs before noon.

We are on the upcoming EBTA and I just changed our PAT to a much later time because we wanted to do brunch in Ft. Lauderdale and we hate lines, but before I changed, it was 12:15 pm BG 12.

We are going in a couple weeks and are silver. I got a PAT of 11:15 and boarding group 7.

We are going in a couple weeks and are silver. I got a PAT of 11:15 and boarding group 7.
Did you get it at your booking window or later on? Got the same PAT/BG on the Disney Dream as a Gold, sailing in a couple weeks as well, but got it later. We were there at midnight and got the quickest we could but were initially assigned 12.30pm and BG 10.

We’re doing the EBTA as well. We weren’t able to check in as soon as we could (Castaway #s weren’t correct) but did so a few days before the 30 day mark. We got 12:30PM. I’m guessing there’s a lot of Platium and Pearls sailing. I don’t think DCL is selling transfers but I could be wrong.

It’s fine with me. Our flights will all have arrived into Miami by 9am. We’re going to do Tri Rail to FLL and Uber to the port, and based on schedules, it looks like 12pm is the earliest we would arrive anyway.

I don’t think DCL is selling transfers but I could be wrong.
I haven't checked for this year, last year I remember reading they did back-and-forth transfers from FLL and a daily from MIA, in the morning. And of course they have transfer for guests that arranged a pre-cruise hotel night with Disney's.

Did you get it at your booking window or later on? Got the same PAT/BG on the Disney Dream as a Gold, sailing in a couple weeks as well, but got it later. We were there at midnight and got the quickest we could but were initially assigned 12.30pm and BG 10.
I was on at midnight for the silver day and got a PAT of 11:30 with a boarding group of 7 and then immediately clicked edit and noticed the 11:15 so grabbed that but the boarding group stayed the same.

I was on at midnight for the silver day and got a PAT of 11:30 with a boarding group of 7 and then immediately clicked edit and noticed the 11:15 so grabbed that
Thanks for detailing. On my cruise, I believe PATs were already at 1pm at Silver OLCI date. Maybe less people are interested into checking in on yours, or you got lucky and found a spare PAT.

but the boarding group stayed the same
In their system I believe they have a list of “slots”, each having a PAT and a BG. When someone changes their PAT the old slot opens up, and new cruisers get assigned to the PAT and BG for that slot. And, there is an overlap between BG and PATs for some of the slots.

We are pearl and checked in at midnight. The first leg of our B2B we got 11:15. The second we also did at midnight on the correct night and got 10:45. I'm not sure if the earlier time is due to it being a B2B or not. It says BG 2 for both but I'm assuming we will be let in earlier for the 2nd.

***Edited to add I just went and looked at my PAT form on the app and it looks like it is changed to 10:45 for the first one now too. :goodvibes

Last edited:
We are pearl and checked in at midnight. The first leg of our B2B we got 11:15. The second we also did at midnight on the correct night and got 10:45. I'm not sure if the earlier time is due to it being a B2B or not. It says BG 2 for both but I'm assuming we will be let in earlier for the 2nd.

***Edited to add I just went and looked at my PAT form on the app and it looks like it is changed to 10:45 for the first one now too. :goodvibes
I suspect that's a perk for being Pearl. Hope you enjoy both sailings.

I suspect that's a perk for being Pearl. Hope you enjoy both sailings.

Yes, we get BG 2 now, but while it says we don't have to choose a PAT, it gives us one. I assumed they just gave us the earliest with 11:15, as that would make sense for pearl. Not sure why that time changed (I was pearl when we checked in). My DS is having his wedding on this cruise and they get automatic BG 1. Their 11:15 PAT also changed to 10:45.

My DS is having his wedding on this cruise and they get automatic BG 1.
Wait - Didn't I see one of your sons getting married last year? Is this the other one? Cam?

Isn’t it unnecessary to try and get an early PAT on your second leg when one is on a B2B?

We just got back and are silver.... We forgot to do our check in at midnight... Remembered the next evening around 9:30 PM or so....

Ended up with 12:15 arrival. We arrived at port around 11:35 and by the time we parked were able to walk right on with no wait.

Traveling with a baby, this timed out about perfectly - we had lunch in the MDR, got our infant registered with Small World, walked around a little bit and explored the ship (Our other DCL cruises have been on the Wish), and then the room was ready.

I know you asked about the Dream, but I thought that others may want to know for the Magic. For our upcoming May cruise we are platinum. We received 11:15 PAT and boarding group 6. I am driving to the port.

Isn’t it unnecessary to try and get an early PAT on your second leg when one is on a B2B?
It should be unnecessary, as you should get a pass that gives you access to ship regardless of which BG is boarding. But Disney being Disney…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter