dvcrofr.com

I added a button for you
Works a treat. Great.

Would you like us to report errors or are you still working through them in beta mode and finding them yourself?

Listing 4PO074K is showing points available in current year and next, but there are no points available in either year. I guess that is also causing the closing cost calculation to be out.

Works a treat. Great.

Would you like us to report errors or are you still working through them in beta mode and finding them yourself?

Listing 4PO074K is showing points available in current year and next, but there are no points available in either year. I guess that is also causing the closing cost calculation to be out.
That’s helpful thanks. Looks like I might have to adjust the logic for that site, some don’t make it easy 😵‍💫

You're almost there. A couple things:
  1. Subtracting 2053 - 2023 will give you the number of years between 2023 and 2053, but you're missing the 2023 points. So the total points are 4800 + 272 = 5072.
  2. Calculating the $/point without dues and then adding the dues/yr rate makes the implicit assumption that there are 160 points available for all years, but you've got 272 points in 2023. You need to adjust the $7.86 by (4800/5072) to get $7.44
IMO it's easier to just add all the costs and divide by all the points:
(15006 + 1257.6 * (2053 - 2023)) / (272 + 160 * (2053 - 2023))
= 52734 / 5072
= 10.40
Thanks for making it more clear, now I get it 8-)

Thank you @Galactic Reversal! The site is awesome, I enjoy playing around on it.

Self-interested suggestion/question: Is it possible to get an average time-to-sale for the different brokers? Or, probably more easily, median listing age by broker? Many of the brokers make claims on how quickly their listings sell. I'd love to know the accuracy of these claims, which would seem to be very vulnerable to owners who aren't in a hurry to sell and have high asking prices. (If this info is available somewhere else, I'd love to know!) Totally understand if this is not a high demand request.

Thanks again for the amazing site.

Thank you @Galactic Reversal! The site is awesome, I enjoy playing around on it.

Self-interested suggestion/question: Is it possible to get an average time-to-sale for the different brokers? Or, probably more easily, median listing age by broker? Many of the brokers make claims on how quickly their listings sell. I'd love to know the accuracy of these claims, which would seem to be very vulnerable to owners who aren't in a hurry to sell and have high asking prices. (If this info is available somewhere else, I'd love to know!) Totally understand if this is not a high demand request.

Thanks again for the amazing site.
Thanks, I love suggestions and hadn't thought of that! It might be a tricky one to get at, but I can think of a few ways.

I do plan to add a market/broker stats page at some point, but I haven't collected that data very long so it hasn't been worthwhile to build out yet. Everything up to this point has taken me a few months of daily work and now that it's mostly automated I'm enjoying a little break :beach:. I'm sure I'll get back to it soon!

Thanks, I love suggestions and hadn't thought of that! It might be a tricky one to get at, but I can think of a few ways.

I do plan to add a market/broker stats page at some point, but I haven't collected that data very long so it hasn't been worthwhile to build out yet. Everything up to this point has taken me a few months of daily work and now that it's mostly automated I'm enjoying a little break :beach:. I'm sure I'll get back to it soon!
A well deserved break! Don't know that this would be interesting for others so the work-reward ratio could be low :) Thanks for replying and I hope you are enjoying some August R&R!

A well deserved break! Don't know that this would be interesting for others so the work-reward ratio could be low :) Thanks for replying and I hope you are enjoying some August R&R!
I’m interested as well.

You started building your awesome site right around the time we entered ROFR on our 3rd (and probably final) DVC purchase this year…but our last cruise had a “flash sale” advertised and I am going to be sure to study your site before we board so I know if any possibly proposed flash sale is even remotely competitive with the resale market. We already have 200 points direct so we’re not paying $170/pt for anything direct (except Grand Californian, lol) but I would be tempted if something was within $25 of actually market resale prices and didn’t require a giant purchase.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for all you’re doing to help out fellow DVC buyers/investors/addicts…

Just stumbled upon this tool and I am loving it. I started building some of this in Excel on a much smaller scale. But your tool provides all the data for better trending and items I did not even think of.

Love the stacked bar graph view in the Pricing Tool. As a potential enhancement the ability to change to a different graph view on the Pricing Trend page would be a nice option for folks like me who prefer that view.

What database tech and tools you are using just out of curiosity?

Truly an amazing site. Kudos to you for everything you do for the community. You make it orders of magnitude easier to be an educated customer. :thanks:

You started building your awesome site right around the time we entered ROFR on our 3rd (and probably final) DVC purchase this year…but our last cruise had a “flash sale” advertised and I am going to be sure to study your site before we board so I know if any possibly proposed flash sale is even remotely competitive with the resale market. We already have 200 points direct so we’re not paying $170/pt for anything direct (except Grand Californian, lol) but I would be tempted if something was within $25 of actually market resale prices and didn’t require a giant purchase.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for all you’re doing to help out fellow DVC buyers/investors/addicts…
Thanks for the kind words, I'd be interested to hear how it goes on your next cruise! Also, if there's some data you want that's not on the site feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Just stumbled upon this tool and I am loving it. I started building some of this in Excel on a much smaller scale. But your tool provides all the data for better trending and items I did not even think of.

Love the stacked bar graph view in the Pricing Tool. As a potential enhancement the ability to change to a different graph view on the Pricing Trend page would be a nice option for folks like me who prefer that view.

What database tech and tools you are using just out of curiosity?

Truly an amazing site. Kudos to you for everything you do for the community. You make it orders of magnitude easier to be an educated customer. :thanks:
Thanks! I've just built off the analysis I had done when buying resale and thought others may benefit as well. Do you mean adding the histogram view to the trend page? That shouldn't be too hard, but I may not get to it for a few weeks. Lots of other projects in the pipeline currently. I recently migrated everything to AWS on the backend. I have a MySQL database in RDS, Python code running in AWS Lambda, API Gateways to access the Lambda functions, and some site content hosted in S3. I would say I'm an expert in Excel and very familiar with SQL from my full-time job...but everything else I've had to learn on the fly. It's not very polished, but I'm slowly making progress.

Looks like you are going to start getting ROFR exercise data again. Still not sure if I believe it’s actually going to accelerate or if it will just be infrequent reminders to keep folks on their toes.

Looks like you are going to start getting ROFR exercise data again. Still not sure if I believe it’s actually going to accelerate or if it will just be infrequent reminders to keep folks on their toes.
I saw that! The namesake of my site is relevant again lol. I did have to chuckle a bit when people were making statements about it never coming back.

I saw that! The namesake of my site is relevant again lol. I did have to chuckle a bit when people were making statements about it never coming back.

Yeah….I figured it was dead! While 3 is still not a lot it does mean that they will pop in occasionally to keep everyone on guard!!

For anyone still following this thread I've added historical point charts and a somewhat useful tool for comparing them:
https://www.dvcrofr.com/historical-point-charts

The exciting part of this is that I now have all of the historic point values going back to 2010 in a database. Should allow for some helpful new tools and analysis.

The charts are being built on-the-fly from the database so the formatting may be off in some places and can be changed pretty easily. Let me know if you see anything off or have suggestions and I'll try to implement them.

Last edited:
That is AWESOME! I’ve poked around looking at older charts but it is very time consuming making it hard to retain the info. Having everything at one click is magnificent. Thank you.

I’m surprised at the difference in weekend point costs on older charts.

927D3F22-468E-44D5-8ABC-53CB45944F96.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter