DVC Sliders?

I went to a DVC kiosk in Magic Kingdom yesterday. I just walked up and asked if they might have a slider for me even though I’m resale only and not eligible for any discounts etc. They only asked for my phone number and they said they were happy to give me a slider.

I called my guide to ask if they could mail me sliders. I was told no 🤣. I said ok - can I get some at WDW next month for my family of 3. I was told I could only get 2. Which is fine except I follow an influencer on Instagram who isn’t a DVC member who keeps getting invited to DVC events to promote it - even though he isn’t a member (he was hosted at MM at Epcot last night). So I don’t understand how they can’t give me three sliders when I’m actually a DVC member while they keep hosting non-DVC members to DVC events. Sorry just venting.

I called my guide to ask if they could mail me sliders. I was told no 🤣. I said ok - can I get some at WDW next month for my family of 3. I was told I could only get 2. Which is fine except I follow an influencer on Instagram who isn’t a DVC member who keeps getting invited to DVC events to promote it - even though he isn’t a member (he was hosted at MM at Epcot last night). So I don’t understand how they can’t give me three sliders when I’m actually a DVC member while they keep hosting non-DVC members to DVC events. Sorry just venting.
Any "influencer" that attends a MM Event is doing so as a guest of a DVC Member that registered for the event. They are not invited by DVC directly.

Any "influencer" that attends a MM Event is doing so as a guest of a DVC Member that registered for the event. They are not invited by DVC directly.

No, he was invited by Disney. He said so in his post plus he was able to bring a guest. In the past, when he was invited by a DVC member, he’d say so. He specifically said in his instastory that DVC invited him to check out MM. and he brought another (non-DVC member) influencer as his plus 1.

Edited to add: I’m just mostly venting. Saw his instastory this morning and I just thought it’s crummy that I can’t even get an extra slider as a DVC member 🤣. But I’m still going to try to get an extra one next month (assuming they are even still available).

Last edited:
No, he was invited by Disney. He said so in his post plus he was able to bring a guest. In the past, when he was invited by a DVC member, he’d say so. He specifically said in his instastory that DVC invited him to check out MM. and he brought another (non-DVC member) influencer as his plus 1.

Edited to add: I’m just mostly venting. Saw his instastory this morning and I just thought it’s crummy that I can’t even get an extra slider as a DVC member 🤣. But I’m still going to try to get an extra one next month (assuming they are even still available).

DVD has a block of tickets for all the MM events that they give out to prospective purchasers, friends, and the dreaded "influencers". They use them as marketing to get people excited about buying DVC resorts.

Not saying this is ..right, fair , legal, ethical.
Can't you just go to 2 desk/locations to get more than 2 sliders ??
It looked like they entered the giveaway into a database on their tablet computer, so I assume the second booth will see that sliders were already issued to your account.
I agree that they should be handing these out liberally. I got two - they're not that great. (But I also don't understand the obsession with Figment popcorn buckets either...)

I should have been reading the boards more while I was at WDW! Did pick up an AP magnet as I saw the line for it when walking past the Creations Epcot store. Could have used the sliders more though.

Got our sliders and magnet at the DVC kiosk in the BW lobby. They even had the RIV print which I was glad to finally get since it’s one of our home resorts and I wasn’t able to get ahold of this print before.

5697D3AA-3383-4934-B090-CE6D5D9D73FB.jpeg

Not saying this is ..right, fair , legal, ethical.
Can't you just go to 2 desk/locations to get more than 2 sliders ??
Not sure but they gave my 2 kids one too. We didn’t ask. They handed me and my husband outs and then asked if the kids wanted them too. So my guess is they really aren’t keeping track or care.

For my fellow West Coasters…the kiosk just across from the Grand Californian entrance has these in stock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter