DVC Pools, Pool Hopping, Etc.

I have to say that when browsing this forum, finding this discussion opened an old wound for me. Pool hopping! Here might be another take on the pool hopping rules discussion. Many of you have indicated that you usually do not pool hop and I have really only pool hopped once. But I always intended to pool hop to one of my fav pools - SAB. It really angers me that they have banned SAB for DVC members. The reason for me is simple. When we were considering purchasing our DVC membership in 1995, I mentioned to our DVC guide that I was hesitant because we really enjoyed staying at YC/BC and the pool there - SAB. He assured us that it wasn't an issue since DVC members (staying on property of course) could pool hop to ANY pool at WDW. So when we purchased into DVC we were doing so with the rules of the time - pool hopping allowed at SAB. Then a few years later poof - no more pool hopping to SAB. I hate the fact that you purchase under one set of "rules" that can so easily be changed. The rules at purchase should be the rules for lifetime.

So you can imagine my excitement when DVC announced BCV. Stayed there once and decided that SAB wasn't worth giving up our OKW room layout for!!!

Just had to vent and give another opinion!

Welcome to the boards.

If you are staying at Kidani Village are you allowed to swim in the feature pool at AKL? or is that considered pool hopping?

If you are staying at Kidani Village are you allowed to swim in the feature pool at AKL? or is that considered pool hopping?

AKV = kidani + jambo house (the old "AKL").

no, it is not pool hopping to use the pool at jambo house if you are staying at kidani...it is all part of AKV.

Current info from Members Site

Pool Hopping Information
Whenever you are staying on your Membership at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, or The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, you and any Guests staying with you, are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World® Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a Host or Hostess at the Front Desk of the resort hotel you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members and any Guests staying with them may not pool hop during the following dates*:

•February 14-20, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
•March 27 – April 10, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
•May 28 – 31, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
•June 27 – July 5 (Sun – Mon)
•Sept 3 – 6, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
•Nov 22 – 28, 2010 (Mon – Sun)
•Dec 12, 2010 – Jan 2, 2011 (Sun – Mon)

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity

Denise in MI

A mod should close this thread started in 2003!

Way too much (now) inaccurate information in it.

A mod should close this thread started in 2003!

Way too much (now) inaccurate information in it.

I agree. If someone has a pool hopping question or wants to start another thread to discuss pool hopping, please feel free to do so. I am going to close this one.

My apologies - apparently this is our one and only ongoing discussion thread for pool hopping. :guilty::guilty: :eek: I am re-opening it. :)

Please note that pool hopping rules do change eery now and then - current info can be found on the Members' website.

Feel free to resume the discussion here - :teeth:

My apologies - apparently this is our one and only ongoing discussion thread for pool hopping. :guilty::guilty: :eek: I am re-opening it. :)

Please note that pool hopping rules do change eery now and then - current info can be found on the Members' website.

Feel free to resume the discussion here - :teeth:

Really? News to me as well.

Love the hop. Its too bad you can't arrange for a trade for the day if both parties are staying at different resorts with an "exclusive pool".

Each trip my DD7 and I take we have a different "theme" or idea behind it. Sure, we nail all four parks and ride the rides but we dedicate a couple hours a day to exploring something and learning something about Disney World.

One trip was transportation - We rode every monorail that WDW has. There are 11 in case any one is curious. (This was her idea and she was only about 5 at the time.)

One trip was dedicated to Character Dining - Yep, we ate all those meals and it took me a while to get that weight off.

One trip was exploring resorts. You get the idea.

This next trip we are actually considering renting points to stay at a DVC resort with one of the perks being that we could "pool hop" to a different pool each day of the 7 day trip.

...This next trip we are actually considering renting points to stay at a DVC resort with one of the perks being that we could "pool hop" to a different pool each day of the 7 day trip.

Sorry, no can do. Pool hopping is a perk for members and the guests staying with them. If you aren't with the member and are compensating the member for that stay, you are not entitled to any DVC member perks.

You could buy your own contract and hop around to your heart's content as long as you don't pool hop to those pools where hopping isn't allowed or it isn't blocked out for the holiday period.

I'm sorry to hear that Disney's cast members told us that if we were renting DVC points we would have DVC Owner at the bottom of our "Keys" and would be entitled to all the privileges EXCEPT purchasing passes or food discounts.

I may be a bonehead here, but can someone direct me to where the pool hopping privilege is listed on the website?

Thanx..
MG

I'm sorry to hear that Disney's cast members told us that if we were renting DVC points we would have DVC Owner at the bottom of our "Keys" and would be entitled to all the privileges EXCEPT purchasing passes or food discounts.

This is a tricky one--yes, often times renters (and thus non-owners) DO have the words "DVC Member" on the bottom of their key cards. Technically, you shouldn't. But often times the front desk CMs who check you in either don't know or don't remember to ask to see the blue member card. So, it is completely possible that you WILL get that printed on your card.

However, even if that is printed on your card, the CM at the pool to which you hop is SUPPOSED to ask for both your room key AND the blue member card.

The same is true for other perks (discounts on meals, etc.). For these, you have to show the blue member card. I would hate for you to go thinking that you would get all of the perks, when that is likely not the case. :goodvibes But at least now you can plan accordingly. :)

That just comes down to not every CM knowing how DVC operates. The owner you rent from is required to tell Member Services that you are compensating them for their reservation.

That just comes down to not every CM knowing how DVC operates. The owner you rent from is required to tell Member Services that you are compensating them for their reservation.

Hey Deb, do you know what happens when someone trades into DVC through RCI? Any clue what is says on the key card? Just thinking out loud...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter