DVC Pools, Pool Hopping, Etc.

lovwdwalot

Mouseketeer
With all the talk about SSR not allowing pool hopping, I was wondering how many people really do pool hop? I know the DW & DD & I never have time to go to the other resorts to swin, even when we are at WDW for 7 days. :earsboy: Is it possible that pool hopping is not a big deal for alot of DVC members. pirate:

We've never pool hopped and I can't imagine that we ever will. Unless we are traveling with my youngest brother's family (which includes two small boys), we don't even use the resort's pools.

Thanks WDWguru for the poll that you had posted in June, I just find it funny that some people make such a big deal on pool hopping and from the looks of your poll not many people do go hopping! pirate:

We enjoy the pools at the resort we are staying. When we visit other resorts during a trip, it is to enjoy the theming, meals or boating.

If I was going to travel elsewhere to swim I would use a water park.

Before the BCV's were built and we were staying at the BWV, we would walk over to SAB and pool hop to there. Now that we no longer can do that, we no longer pool hop. We bought at the BCV so we could continue using SAB from time to time.

HBC

Our first trip home was very recently while the BW pool slide was closed and they allowed us to hop over to SAB. We gave it a try to check out the pool and see if we'd want to stay over there (as the reason to try and get into BCV in my mind is the pool). Cool pool. But we only hopped once and I don't think we'd do so again.

I pool hopped once but it was so much trouble to drag the suits all over, and change out of the wet suits in the bathroom that I never did it again. It is so much easier to just go up to your room and shower before changing into clean clothing. But we wanted to check out the new Poly pool. I didn't like to, too crowded and small.
I plan my trips according to who will be with me. I don't swim, just get into the pool to cool off and relax so the pools are no biggie to me but I prefer my home resort quiet pool at WLV.
When I brought my family we stayed at BCV so they could experience SAB.
My boys love the pools at OKW. they are very quiet, usually they are the only ones there.
And as I stated before, if I am going with my friend we stay at WLV because I prefer the pool there. Peggie

We've never pool hopped and I can't imagine that we ever will.

We like to swim at the Polynesian. We always rent boats there and eat lunch, and in the middle of all that, we swim for perhaps one hour. I doubt that we are causing the pool to burst with over-capacity. We really enjoy this privelege, though, and would be sad if it was taken away. If they made DVC at the Poly, I'd be right there!

We have only pool hopped once from BWV to SAB just before BCV's opened. Really do not plan on it again. We've better things to do in the Orlando/WDW area than to pool hop at WDW resorts.

We pool hop once in a while. We combine the "hopping" with other activities, like Animal Kingdom in the morning followed by a "hop" to Coronado Springs for an hour or two on the way back to our home resort. We never leave our home resort just to pool hop.

niko3.gif

If we want to "pool hop"...........we go to "Blizzard Beach".::yes::

Once... We pool hopped to SAB. It was the month before they removed it from the list. Our one and only great pool hop adventure in 4 years.

I do regularly plan a pool hop day, but always end up at a putt-putt golf, or rent a boat, or DtD.

Honestly, if we want a big pool hop adventure we usually just go to TL.

We have pool hopped a couple of times. With our de-emphasis on commando touring in the parks, we find that doing things like pool hopping is a nice way to visit other resorts that we've never stayed at.

It wouldn't crush us if they ended it, but it's a nice, no cost perk for DVC members to get.

Let me preface this with the fact that I am a real pool lover and regularly use the pools at all the WDW resorts I stay at. I have stayed in every WDW resort but GF, Disney Inn/Shades of Green and the now closed Disney Village/Disney Institute. So I have had the opportunity to experience the vast majority of WDW pools while a guest at the resort. Many WDW resorts I have stayed at numerous times and had the chance to enjoy the resort's pools on many occasions.
The only pool I have ever thought was worth pool hopping to and have pool hopped to is SAB. I absolutely love this pool. Since we stay at our home resort BWV a lot it was always very easy to pool hop to SAB prior to the ending of pool hopping. I was sorry to see pool hopping ended at SAB but I know I can always stay at BCV to use the pool and I have done this and will continue to do this.
To be perfectly honest, once SAB was no longer included in the DVC pool hopping options, pool hopping became a non issue for me. For me, no other WDW resort pool is worth the extra effort to pool hop to.
However, I hate to see a DVC benefit taken away from members. But I think it is only a matter of time before pool hopping for DVC members will go the way of the dinosaur.

Originally posted by DeeP
However, I hate to see a DVC benefit taken away from members.....
Agreed. We haven't don eit, but down the road pool hopping to Poly or Contemporary as a nice afternoon break from teh parks would seem a real plus and an option I'd like to keep for when the kids get older.

We enjoy SAB too.

We always pool hop--haven't been in the main pool at OKW for about 7 years now. As "main" pools go, it's pretty pathetic.

When we first joined DVC, son and husband had to hop to SAB at least twice each trip. We now own points at BCV for SAB only (I can take it or leave it, but they love it). We have hopped over to WL pool (we also have points there) while we were staying at OKW. But we will spend a lot of evenings over at the pool at whatever DVC we stay at.

We don't pool hop as much any more. We just change our DVC resort we are staying at to get another pool feel.

Granny -
Thanks for the great idea! On our next visit, we will do the MK in the morning, yellow monorails ( do they still call them that?) by the Poly pool in the afternoon, and then back to the park for the evening.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter