DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

I don't agree with making a list with an insulting, pejorative focus. There is merit, however, to note the disparate responses to the same or very similar questions. The focus then would be to document how employees are not aware of, or are not able to abide to by current policies and practices laid out for their organization within the various contracts and governing regulations.

The inability to consistently apply policies and procedures is an audit risk, and one that may have traction if ever these disagreements about interpretation have to go forward to some third party arbitration. (Thus far, I don't see any of the responses from management to owners deter from their position. The answers have ranged widely, yes, but ultimately there has not been a shift in their position/interpretation that the 2022 chart remains valid as-is. So, it may require resolution elsewhere, if owners want definitive clarity.)

The inability to speak clearly and consistently to policies and procedures demonstrates a problematic lack of understanding, and therefore places the application of those policies at similar audit risk. Regardless whether the contract terms or policy is clear, if an employee does not understand it, then how can they perform it within their scope of work? This is why it is an audit risk. It is not sufficient to have a clear policy, it must also be clear for those whose job it is to carry it out. Sure, it may be a lesser finding than willful intent to subvert a contract or policy, but an audit can expose areas of weakness where controls are substandard in practice. The variety of responses from management noted in this thread seem to reveal lack of controls in the education, understanding and interpretation of point assessment, use and allocation.
It seems that this lack of clarity is either deliberate or due to incompetence. I’m not sure which I think is worse.

I haven't seen any updates on this thread and I've heard that some of the members that contributed have left the disboards. Does anyone have any updates? I hope this isn't getting lost in the shuffle. :(

I too am still concerned about this issue. After 2 phone calls and multiple emails I am not sure what to do next though...

I feel like this issue is just going to be swept under the rug because it hasn’t gained any traction. I haven’t seen any blogs or vlogs mention it, the heavy hitters on this forum don’t seem to care, so it seems like DVC is going to get away with these ridiculous changes.

I'm still working on it; they rescheduled my call three weeks out because of GFV reopening. After sending an email with a significant amount of data and line-by-line contract interpretation; they want to include Yvonne Chang on the call as well.

From what I remember, she was key in reversing the changes in the 2020 point charts - but per historical posts on this board she initially pushed back on many member's calls.

At the end of the day; something will only be looked into if each concerned party escalates the issue with DVC directly. I'm not saying my interpretation of the facts are correct (or even the only correct interpretation). But, if you (individually) don't get the desired response there still remains other recourse to at least force a response through the state. After all, that's why they are putting regulatory affairs people on the phone - even if to understand what they might have to defend.

Right now I'm focusing on note-taking and due-diligence.

I'll give them credit for setting up a call; and I'll give them a pass on rescheduling for re-opening a resort that affects so many more members. If traction is what you seek; you need to be your own squeaky wheel.

I feel like this issue is just going to be swept under the rug because it hasn’t gained any traction. I haven’t seen any blogs or vlogs mention it, the heavy hitters on this forum don’t seem to care, so it seems like DVC is going to get away with these ridiculous changes.
I am surprised that this is not gaining more traction too. I think that DVC is hoping they can get away with it this year, the point inflation will seem reduced next year, calming down those who are concerened, and by 2025 when it goes back up again people will have moved on or forgotten that the points used to be lower. It’s not good for resales of DVC if word gets out that they are inflating the point charts.

is it the forum that a lot of people hate? Is I<3riviera using the same name? Everyone is getting cancelled everywhere these days.

He is using the same name so you can do a Google search and find the site he is on. I am not aware of the site being hated by anyone but it cannot be cited here -- it was started a number of years ago by a now deceased member who himself had provided a lot of charts for these boards and then left and started his own site.

He is using the same name so you can do a Google search and find the site he is on. I am not aware of the site being hated by anyone but it cannot be cited here -- it was started a number of years ago by a now deceased member who himself had provided a lot of charts for these boards and then left and started his own site.
Thanks I was thinking it was the book. I know I hate that one but I probably shouldn’t speak for every one! I think I found it but I only found a welcome post from a while ago. Hopefully, he will put more stuff up.

Edit: just found newer posts

I am not sure why they remove all of previous helpful posts they have contributed prior to them leaving? Regardless, hopefully we get some clear responses from DVC soon about this.

I am not sure why they remove all of previous helpful posts they have contributed prior to them leaving? Regardless, hopefully we get some clear responses from DVC soon about this.

Just to be clear, the content that was removed was done so by that poster and not anyone from the DiSboards, The poster did choose to leave on their own accord as other have done over the years

Let’s just continue to stay on topic.

I heard i<3riviera left and all of his work on this thread with all of the research is gone.
I quoted a number of posts from @i<3riviera in my posts, and the information from those quotes is still available on this tread.
I also have a 6 page document of items from one of his last posts that I saved for my own use.
Moderators, can I post the information from that document, for those who might want that information?

I quoted a number of posts from @i<3riviera in my posts, and the information from those quotes is still available on this tread.
I also have a 6 page document of items from one of his last posts that I saved for my own use.
Moderators, can I post the information from that document, for those who might want that information?

Anything still on the boards can certainly be quoted by others.

Since this poster chose to delete the content of his own accord, we feel you should seek his permission to post things which were removed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter