DVC Member Cruise 2025

Ok. Thats crazy then. I wouldn't have expected the Member cruise to be more then both the non member cruise the week before and week after for the same trip. And by a large amount too.
I do not know if the MC pricing does this, so this is all a guess. For any conferences, it is pretty common for the travel expenses of the guest speakers and presenters to be covered by the conference…. So those guest travel costs could be divided over all of the expected member attendees, thus making the MC more expensive than a non-MC.

I do not know if the MC pricing does this, so this is all a guess. For any conferences, it is pretty common for the travel expenses of the guest speakers and presenters to be covered by the conference…. So those guest travel costs could be divided over all of the expected member attendees, thus making the MC more expensive than a non-MC.
They always cost more, and maybe that’s why. There’s always a price shock!

Also consider the extra swag that’s part of the MCs. I would never expect MC cash prices to be lower than regular booking cost, and the point cost appears to place their dollar value at about $9 per point.

Did I see somewhere we had to pay for at least one pax in points? Or did I make that up?

FWIW, the 2023 member cruise prices included prepaid gratuities. I'm assuming these prices do as well. We priced out that 2023 cruise compared to similar ones and it was about the same price (no more than a $200 difference), which we were okay with since it was also over Labor Day. That, coupled with the waived requirement to use points, was the deciding factor for us booking that trip. We were looking forward to booking another member cruise in 2025 as our youngest will be old enough to go to the Oceaneer Club, but I think we'll hold off on this one, perhaps we'll wait until the Treasure has a member cruise.

Did I see somewhere we had to pay for at least one pax in points? Or did I make that up?
For the DVC MC….you do NOT have to use points for anyone!

There’s a cruise that is not a DVC cruise on the Treasure that calls for at least one passenger has to be paid for with points. That’s in January 2025.

• As this Member-Exclusive Voyage on the Disney Treasure is part of the Disney Collection exchange, one person in the travel party must be paid for using only Reservation Points. Other members of the travel party can be paid for using cash. (Reservation Points and cash cannot be combined to pay for an individual Guest.)

Last edited:
DVC has waived that requirement.
From DVC website:
Due to the unique nature of this special event, Disney Vacation Club has waived the policy of requiring at least one passenger to sail using Reservation Points for this Member Cruise voyage. If Members would like to pay by using both cash and Reservation Points, individual passengers must be paid for by using all cash or all Reservation Points.

On Booking day, there’s usually a thread here while we dial, and dial, and commiserate with each other! So, if you are interested in doing that, look here!
Also, you may want to start a Cruise Meet thread in the Cruise forum!

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it's $1625 more for me to book the member cruise for the same stateroom (8B) and number of guests (4) than the same itinerary on either of the July dates. I was expecting something like $500-$800 more. I don't think I can convince myself it's worth it...
Yeah, I agree, it's pricier than I expected. I'm going on this year's cruise in the Mediterranean and that was about $250 more per person than the same itinerary the week after the MC, so that was okay. Do factor in that MCs include gratuities. If the itinerary was more interesting we would try to swing it, but I think I'll pass this year as we'd rather spend the money to see the new ship.

We were thinking we would do this, but the price just seems too steep.... We can do our 7 night treasure cruise for the same price or less maybe...

That said, our treasure summer cruise is now selling for over 9k, so that makes me wonder, with the member cruise are the prices fixed or will they rise throughout the days booking is available?

We were thinking we would do this, but the price just seems too steep.... We can do our 7 night treasure cruise for the same price or less maybe...

That said, our treasure summer cruise is now selling for over 9k, so that makes me wonder, with the member cruise are the prices fixed or will they rise throughout the days booking is available?
Price is fixed. And historically, members cruises are known for selling out on booking day. If not, only a handful of cabins--of various classes--will be left unbooked.

Hard to believe the Med MC is only a month away! And here we go again...
I think we are going to try for this one - we've taken a lot of trips recently, but everything had to be with the family split up. This one we could actually all do together right before our younger son heads to college.
Just dreading the calling tomorrow as it will only be me - everyone else will be out of town! Will decrease the number of phones going:rolleyes: And I think this could be a popular one since it is in the summer with kids out of school??

Last edited:
After seeing the price, and the fact that we have already done the dream and already done Cozumel, I think we are going to pass...

The "gifts" are a nice idea, but I would prefer to just take a cheaper cruise and buy what we want to buy. If they pre-announced specific entertainment maybe that would get me to have a different opinion.

Hard to believe the Med MC is only a month away! And here we go again...
I think we are going to try for this one - we've taken a lot of trips recently, but everything had to be with the family split up. This one we could actually all do together right before our younger son heads to college.
Just dreading the calling tomorrow as it will only be me - everyone else will be out of town! Will decrease the number of phones going:rolleyes: And I think this could be a popular one since it is in the summer with kids out of school??
Good luck! We are traveling so I’ll be the only one trying, too.

I hope we both are successful!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter