DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

Slippery slope indeed!
We started with small contracts because we didn’t want to finance. $8000-$15000 at a time didn’t seem too frivolous but in hindsight I paid the small contract premium along with added closing costs 🤪😂 And once a year to WDW (we are in So Cal) trips became 4 times a year (dang runDisney!), and a few nights at VGC became oh I need to be onsite every race weekend! 😂😂😂 we have no kids but I convinced hubs that we needed one-bedroom and oh I just need 150 became oh 250 is better because dues are lower (subsidized) we’ll use it 😂😂😂 and now I am sitting here sipping my first cup of coffee thinking hmm maybe I need to call my guide and ask for just 35 points at VGF 🫣🫣

Slippery slope indeed!
We started with small contracts because we didn’t want to finance. $8000-$15000 at a time didn’t seem too frivolous but in hindsight I paid the small contract premium along with added closing costs 🤪😂 And once a year to WDW (we are in So Cal) trips became 4 times a year (dang runDisney!), and a few nights at VGC became oh I need to be onsite every race weekend! 😂😂😂 we have no kids but I convinced hubs that we needed one-bedroom and oh I just need 150 became oh 250 is better because dues are lower (subsidized) we’ll use it 😂😂😂 and now I am sitting here sipping my first cup of coffee thinking hmm maybe I need to call my guide and ask for just 35 points at VGF 🫣🫣
I don’t think they have 35 point to sell at VGF….

It appears that both of the other 1000 point threads have gone stale (last updated in Feb 23 and Oct 23), so I'm creating this new definitive one. I've also added new features, like linking to user names, a "last updated" tracker, and listing out the resorts owned.

I vow to keep it updated at least weekly, if not more frequently! ✋ I'm in it for the long haul! As a starting point, I've included any posts made on the other two threads within the last year (since February 2023).

Reply to this thread to add your name to the list or update your existing entry.

DVC 1000 Point Club

last updated: 2/17/2024

#UsernamePointsResorts
1@Blizzyblizz4,925AUL, OKW, SSR, VGF
2@macman1234,200AUL, BLT, PVB, RIV, SSR, VGF
3@DisneyTakeAllMyMoney3,869AUL, SSR
4@Paul Stupin3,230AUL, CCV, VGF
5@DougEMG3,090BLT, BWV, CCR, OKW, RIV, SSR
6@magicalspirits2,428AKV, VGC
7@DisneyMomJen2,329AUL, BCV, BLT, SSR, VGF
8@JulieBeeRN2,305BCV, BLT, SSR, VGF
9@Lorana2,271AKV, BRV, CCV, HHI, PVB, RIV, SSR, VGC
10@tomandrobin2,235AKV, BLT, SSR, VGF
11@princesscinderella2,230AKV, BLT, BWV, CCV, OKW, PVB, RIV, SSR, VGC, VGF
12@pineapplepalms2,100BWV, CCV, RIV, SSR, VDH, VGC, VGF
13@monorailmom2,055AKV, BLT, BWV, CCV, SSR, VGF
14@DisneyCowboy2,044BLT, CCV, SSR
15@TheWitvlietBunch2,015AUL, VGF
15@Emily9212,015BWV, OKW, VBR
17@NVDISFamily2,000AKV, CCV, RIV, VDH, VGC
18@zachatak1,925AKV, BLT, CCV, OKW, PVB
19@Phatscott251,860AKV, BLT, PVB, RIV, VGF
20@NorCalFanatic1,610AUL, VDH
21@hcortesis1,550BCV, VGF
22@bobbiwoz1,547AKV, BCV, BLT, BRV, BWV, HHI, SSR, VBR, VGF
23@CaliAdventurer1,540AUL, HHI, VGC, VGF
24@WhenIsOurNextTrip1,530AKV, BCV, BLT, CCV, PVB, RIV, VGF
25@ehh1,515PVB, RIV, VDH, VGC, VGF
26@badeacon1,490AKV, BCV, BRV, CCV, HHI, PVB
27@Pens Fan1,485CCV, HHI
28@ValW21,471BCV, BLT, BWV, VDH, VGC, VGV
29@TCRAIG1,417BCV, BLT, BRV, BWV, HHI, SSR, VGF
30@HappyThoughtsTees1,406AUL, SSR, VGC
31@Sally5241,395BCV, BLT, OKW, SSR, VGF
32@emchen1,352AUL, RIV, SSR, VDH, VGC, VGF
33@DanCali1,275AKV, AUL, BLT, BRV, PVB, VGF
33@Bellecruiser1,275BLT, CCV, SSR, VGF
35@brianthompson11,270AKV, VBR, VGF
36@Plutopian1,250AKV, AUL, VBR
37@kaido1,245AKL, BCV, CCV, RIV, SSR, VGF
38@Aussie RJ1,185BLT, SSR, VGF
39@alexeis1,174AKV, RIV, VGC, VGF
40@MBland541,170BCV, BWV, RIV, VGF
41@UrsulaWantsYourSoul + @JavaDuck1,150RIV, VDH, VGC
42@lorie131,130AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
43@Mexacajun1,100BLT, BWV, RIV, VGF
44@vikequeen1,095AUL, BLT, RIV
45@SoCalDCLfan1,076AUL, RIV, VDH
46@CWTC1,070BCV, BLT, VGC, VGF
47@Arguetafamily1,069AKV, BWV, CCV, RIV, VDH, VGF
48@richeql1,060CCV, PVB, SSR
49@SpaceMountain771,031AKV, VBR, VGF
50@rain3man1,030BCV, BRV, HHI
51@Lorilais_mommie1,029AKL, BLT, CCV, VGF
52@pianomanzano1,005BRV, RIV, SSR, VGF
53@kboo1,001BLT, RIV, VGF
54@cgodzyk1,000CCV, RIV, VGF
54@twoj1,000AUL, BCV, BLT, VDH
54@AstroBlasters1,000AUL, VGC
1644 all at OKW

After having sold my SSR Points and my resale VGC to buy VGC direct, my point total has shifted to 2459.

SSR technically hasn’t closed yet, but once it does it means I now only own at AKV, BRV, CCV, HHI, PVB, RIV, VGC.
Curious why you converted resale VGC to direct? Was it a UY issue?
Well….never thought we’d add on more but we did and we’re now at 1900 between VDH/AUL!
VDH and no VGC?
Up to 1097.

600 Aulani
497 VGC
VGC and no VDH??

Why limit yourself my fellow Best Coast Lovers? Currently VDH is so much more chill. Also a good place to sabbatical during the hard goods upgrade this year. But come 2025, don't you wanna be part of the first to break in the new furniture at VGC.

VDH and no VGC?

VGC and no VDH??

Why limit yourself my fellow Best Coast Lovers? Currently VDH is so much more chill. Also a good place to sabbatical during the hard goods upgrade this year. But come 2025, don't you wanna be part of the first to break in the new furniture at VGC.
I can use some of my Aulani points at VDH, but my wife isn’t a fan of the property. She doesn’t like mid-century modern in general and prefers more subtle theming.

We should close on a VGF contract by the end of the week or early next week… so more to come…

Mostly it was not enough points issue and that resale for VGC was almost inline with direct costs. We only had 62 VGC resale points, and in a separate UY (OCT) from all of our other points. Originally this was fine for a few nights every couple years in the fall in a studio or every 3 years in a 1BR.

But after visiting again in January; we realized we’d really love to stay longer, and we had to use almost 3 years of points for a 1 BR for 3 nights.

Given the little difference in price for direct vs resale we decided to see if direct points were available, since we then had the option of using them at VDH and all WDW resorts if desired. We got lucky and we were able to sell our resale points (averaged $315/pt between the two small contracts) and bought direct at $310/point, but we sold back the 2023 for $20/point to bring the buy in down to $290/point. Now we have 200 points in 4 50-point contracts in our Sep UY.

VGC and no VDH??

Why limit yourself my fellow Best Coast Lovers? Currently VDH is so much more chill.
Honestly I was all set to buy VDH when it was first announced, but those transient taxes turned me off (I just don’t want to have to pay more money once I use my points, and those taxes are HIGH) — especially as we love Grand Californian and it’s more our vibe.

We did tour it and agree it’s beautiful. We probably will stay there some time, but VGC really is where we want to be. Switching to direct was the compromise since it does allow us to book VDH at the 7 month mark if we desire.

those transient taxes turned me off (I just don’t want to have to pay more money once I use my points, and those taxes are HIGH) — especially as we love Grand Californian and it’s more our vibe.
Agreed. We really have no interest in VDH for a variety of reasons but the transient occupancy taxes squashed any interest we have in owning or even staying there.

Agreed. We really have no interest in VDH for a variety of reasons but the transient occupancy taxes squashed any interest we have in owning or even staying there.
I find that if trying to find a room within 7m that I’d rather stay at VDH than pay cash for a room… since I’d have to pay the TOT on a cash room anyways.

I find that if trying to find a room within 7m that I’d rather stay at VDH than pay cash for a room… since I’d have to pay the TOT on a cash room anyways.
True and that’s the great thing about DVC’s flexibility in terms of everyone being able to use the points differently. VDH is just not our cup of tea for a variety of reasons. We’d most likely in that situation rather shift our dates and stay at VGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter