Driving Licence

Kenbar

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of changing my pink EU driving licence to the new photo type, but it's getting a bit too near my travel date and I don't want to risk being without one at all. Has anyone used the old pink type recently. Any problems?

Ken

Hi kenbar,

My wife has just changed her old style licence and had all the details checked at the post office (to make sure she had filled it out properly they also check your ID using her passport) it cost £4 but she recived her new licence back within 14 days hope this helps you.

cool chris

We changed ours a couple of months ago and again used the Post Office to check the applicatrions. The licenses came back in about a week and a half but remember it is the holiday period now which could slow things down. I believe that the pink licenses are Ok but of course these cannot be used for photo ID so you will need your passports for that.

Used my pink license last week and had no problems, infact, they hardly looked at it. - just took the number of it.

David :D

Just to confirm, the pink licences are ok. I have been to the USA three times in the last 3 months and got a car no problem

I replaced a lost pink licence in June. I paid the extra £4 so that I wouldn't have to part with my passport.
I went to the post office on a Monday and the new licence arrived on the Wednesday of the following week.
DH is still taking his pink licence.

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter