Dream Maiden Voyage Trip Report, A Dream Come True = Completed

Lovely pics hon, it looks amazing it really does..

What did you buy, What did you buy???? I need to see pics lol

x

P1010058.jpg

P1010219.jpg

OMG !!! Photos like these just shouldn't be allowed :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am physically drooling :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

What an amazing report ... I have just found it and read it all and the only thing i can think is .....

WOW

Your photos are stunning :worship::worship:

The Dream looks absolutely amazing. Looking forward to more :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I dont know how I have missed this report up to now but really all there is to say is WOW!!!

I would love o experience a disney cruise but dh wont entertain the idea of getting on a ship - he blames Titanic :lmao:

I cant wait to see more pictures and read more about this amazing ship :lovestruc

Oh Claire!!!!

I LOVE your report!!

The Dream just looks SO amazing!! Can't wait for more!

Just caught this, fab photos. I look forward to the rest:goodvibes

Thanks for all your lovely comments. :goodvibes

Lovely pics hon, it looks amazing it really does..

What did you buy, What did you buy???? I need to see pics lol

x

I've got a few pics coming up in the next day and then more the day after - patience my dear. :p ;)

OMG !!! Photos like these just shouldn't be allowed :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am physically drooling :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

What an amazing report ... I have just found it and read it all and the only thing i can think is .....

WOW

Your photos are stunning :worship::worship:

The Dream looks absolutely amazing. Looking forward to more :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks Sarah......not that it's any consolation but those desserts were everybit as good as they look. :laughing:

Thursday 27th January 2011 – To Nassau or not to Nassau?

After a fairly late night I was sure we would not be awake too early this morning, however I was wrong. I woke up at 6am to discover that Lee was up and had gone for a run! :faint: I called him on the Wave phone and he said he had just finished (he had been running laps on Deck 4) and was taking some photos in the Atrium and would be back to the room soon. On the way back he went to Cove Café to pick up some Hot Chocolates but it wasn’t open, however the Cast Member who was inside setting up saw him and opened up early for him. :worship:

These are the lovely photos he took of the empty ship! :love:

The stunning corridor on Deck 3, it was one of our favourite things on the ship – just so Elegant.

P1010488.jpg

The stunning atrium….

P1010465.jpg

P1010491.jpg

P1010547.jpg

P1010508.jpg

P1010541.jpg

P1010467.jpg

P1010502.jpg

The upper Decks:

P1010560.jpg

P1010552.jpg

P1010570.jpg

Donald had an accident when riding the AquaDuck, he crashed into one of the funnels……Ooops! :rotfl:

P1010556.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010562.jpg

P1010571.jpg

P1010581.jpg

P1010580.jpg

P1010574.jpg

Once we had finished our drinks we got washed and dressed and went up to Cabana’s for some breakfast. We had Sausages, Hash Browns, Omlettes, Muffins and some Danishes – all of which was very fresh and tasty.

Cabana’s:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Mine, Mine, Mine!!!!!

P1010697.jpg

Continued below…………..​

Cabana’s - One of two huge mosaics:

IMG_0289.jpg

Cabana’s – These were lovely and looked like sand castles:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

They also had clocks showing what time it was in each of the five Disneylands/Worlds:

IMG_0285.jpg

After breakfast we went up on to Deck 12 to watch as we docked in Nassau, as we pulled in near the dock the ship did a 180 degree turn in a standing position and reversed into the dock, it was amazing to see the ship turn this way as it was quite fast but if you hadn’t have been looking out you wouldn’t have known as it didn’t feel like we were moving.

P1010583.jpg

It was nearing 9am which was the allocated time slot I had secured to pick up my RSP items. (Let me explain the RSP – Random Selection Process. Several weeks before the cruise we were all emailed a list of Special Maiden Voyage merchandise and had to submit orders of what we wanted to buy online, then just before the cruise Disney randomly went through and allocated items to those that requested them. This was done in a random way to make it fair as some items were very Limited Editions. We got to select a time slot to pick up the items during Day 2+3 then anything that wasn’t collected would go on sale in the shops on the last day.) Anyway we headed down to the shop and was glad to see there wasn’t a queue! I was pleased to get everything on my list. :banana: Although I should say that I didn’t buy anything which had a very low Limited edition release.

My Mickey Ears…..

P1020886.jpg

9” Dream Vinylmation (forgot to take a photo of this so pinched one off the internet as i’m being lazy and can’t be bothered to go upstairs and take one. ) ;)

(Limited edition size: 750)

dream9.jpg

Admiral Donald Vinylmation 3” set (Limited edition size: 1000)

Dream1.jpg

Dream Night & Day Vinylmation 3” set (Limited edition size: 1000)

Dream21.jpg

Pins (some were Limited Edition but some are general release):

mvpin.jpg

P1020841-Copy.jpg

P1020842-Copy.jpg

P1020844-Copy.jpg

We took the shopping back to the room and picked up our cameras etc, we could hear music so looked out of our Port hole window to see a Brass Band and dancers welcoming the ship:

P1010593.jpg

P1010594.jpg

P1010596.jpg

We saw them closer up when we got off the ship:

P1010598.jpg

P1010599.jpg

Continued below………..​

On the way to disembarking the ship we decided to go via the District area and take some photos whilst it was fairly empty:

Evolution:

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

One of the hallways that when you walk through you get papped! :lmao: The camera flashes go off as though you are being followed by the Paparazzi.

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Pink (Champagne bar, my favourite :love: ) :

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Champagne glass light:

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

For some reason after the excitement of being in Pink we forgot to take photos of the other bars (but I did get them the next day so I’ll add them then), we made our way down and off the ship.

Our plan was to take a taxi over to Atlantis, for those that don’t know Lee & I got married in Atlantis 10 years ago so we were going to go back to the scene of the crime to take some photos with our new camera but as the sky was quite grey and cloudy we decided that they wouldn’t be as good as the photos we took last time in September 2009 as we had a beautiful blue sky that day. Also we wanted to spend as much time onboard and explore the ship. :yay:

We did get off to take some photos of the Dream and we also walked to the Hard Rock Café as I wanted a HRC Nassau hurricane glass which I forgot to get on our last trip.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Continued below………………​

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

As we came back from the Hard Rock Café a fourth ship had docked, although the Dream was still the best. :goodvibes:

P1010602.jpg

We dropped our stuff back in the room and then headed up to Deck 11 to get some lunch from Cabana’s, on our way we bumped into my friend Monica and chatted to her for a while. We were walking around the buffet stations getting our lunch when we bumped into Pete Werner (DIS owner) and he invited us to go and have our lunch with them. It was so nice of him to invite us, we finished choosing our food and sat with Pete, Walter and Teresa. They were all so friendly and we had a great lunch chatting to them all.

Once lunch was finished we said our goodbyes and Lee & I went up to Deck 13 to play Goofy’s Mini Golf.

P1010743.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010628.jpg

P1010630.jpg

After i’d had my butt whipped at Mini Golf by Lee….:rolleyes: we went to Currents for a cocktail. I had a Bon Voyage and Lee had a virgin Pina Colada.

P1010613.jpg

P1010616.jpg

After relaxing in the sun for a while we decided to deliver some of the Fish Extender gifts, the final count for those taking part was = 84 cabins (173 adults, 48 Children). It was different to normal as they said it was optional if you deliver to all or just some. :confused3 Anyway I had pretty much bought enough for all, except the last couple that signed up after we had already left the UK! We took about half of the gifts out with us, on one of the doors I was delivering a gift to was a note pad and pen so you could leave a message. I started to write something along the lines of Hello from the UK, hope you’re enjoying your cruise…..well half way through me writing the message the door was opened and both me & the woman coming out of her room screamed at each other and jumped backwards. :rotfl: :lmao: It was like a scene from a comedy sketch show, Lee was double up in absolute hysterics and crying his eyes out. Once we had recovered I said a quick hello to the lady and she went off whilst I finished writing her note. For the rest of the cruise every time we walked past a door with a notepad on Lee tried his best to convince me to leave a note but I was too scared! :laughing:

We finished up delivering the gifts and went back to the room. When we got back to the room I sorted through what gifts I had left and Lee laid on the bed watching TV and started to doze off, probably something to do with him only having 3 hours sleep so I left him napping whilst I went out and delivered the other half of my gifts.

I took this pic on my travels, they are not all fishes outside your door now, they also have Seahorses and Starfish.

P1010608.jpg

When I came back to the room Lee was still asleep so I left him a note to call me on the wave phone when he woke up. I went down to the shops to find out what time the New Dream Dooney & Bourke purses were being sold, to discover that there was already a queue! The one’s at the front of the store had been queuing for over 2 hours already! :scared1: I decided to join the queue as I was told the shop would be opening in about 45 minutes, it was quite fun as about five of us were chatting away so it didn’t seem too long. They also had a staff member who went along the line giving us a piece of paper with a number on, he explained that due to the mad crush yesterday that when the shop opened they would let the first 20 people in and then as people paid and left they would let us in one by one - I was number 47.

Continued below……..​

After a while Lee called me to see where I was, he came down and joined me in the queue. Eventually after about an hour and 15 mins of waiting they finally opened the doors and let the first twenty people in. We were watching through the window seeing people walking out with several carrier bags full of handbags! It turns out that there were 4 styles of bag and each person could buy two of each, so maximum of 8 per person. Well some had their husbands etc with them and were buying so many that by the time I got in the shop the style I wanted was sold out. :mad: I was so mad especially when I found out that they were already listed on ebay that same night for almost double the price! I ended up buying a letter style bag to use in the parks.

P1020941.jpg

They really didn’t organise it well and I’m really surprised at how little stock they had onboard, over half the people in the queue went away empty handed as they totally sold out. It really was poorly thought out as Disney Dooney & Bourke bags are very popular. I had asked if they could take orders and ship them for free but I was told no by two different cast members.

*** Skip forward to when I got home to the UK – Someone on our cruise thread had posted that she had just received her Dream D&B bag, I asked her how she got it and she said that on the last night of the cruise they were taking orders in the shop and shipping them for free. That really annoyed me so much so that I decided to email a complaint to DCL after a few days I heard back from the head of DCL Guest Communications who agreed that I could order a bag and they would pay the delivery AND customs fee’s for me. :banana: I received a call the next day from a lady who took my order and noted (but couldn’t guarantee) my request of the character/pattern placement I wanted.

Well my bag arrived this week and I am thrilled to bits with it – it is perfect! :love:

P1020931.jpg

By the time we got out of the shop we had missed the start of the Villains Tonight show which I really wanted to see so we went back to the room and showered and dressed for dinner. Tonight was Pirate night and our dinner was in the Royal Palace, so we made our way down to the restaurant and were seated in a side room off of the main dining room, it was called Princess Tiana’s Room and had paintings of Tiana & Naveen on the walls. It was quiet with only 3 tables in there which was nice but I would have preferred to have been in the main dining room so you could see what was happening, apparently the Princesses all walk around the restaurant but we never got to see them where we were. :guilty:

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

P1010648.jpg

P1010654.jpg

The most gorgeous bread basket ever!!!! I want one. ;)

P1010652.jpg

We were soon joined by Karen & Sophie and spent ages chatting about our day. First we ordered some drinks, Lee had a Corona and I chose another speciality cocktail.

Pirate’s Nest – Sparkling Sweet Wine, Malibu Rum and Apple Pucker:

P1010672.jpg

For Starters Lee & I both had Pirates Golden Pot Stickers – Oriental Pork Dumplings, deep fried and served with a Tamarind Ginger Soy Sauce and Pickled Vegetables:

P1010670.jpg

Followed by Carribean Style Conch Chowder for Lee but I don’t have a picture of that…..imagine a bowl of soup. ;) I had Jerk Chicken Salad – Jerk Seasoned Chicken Strips over fresh Crispy Greens with a Citrus dressing and Plantain Chips:

P1010671.jpg

For main course with both had the same, The Dutchmen’s Dijon Crusted Sirloin of Beef – Thick cut of Beef served with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and a Red Wine Glaze (I had mine without the Tomatoes and the sauce on the side):

P1010673.jpg

I also ordered another cocktail, Captains Treasure – Absolut Mandarin, Peach Schnapps and Orange Juice:

P1010669.jpg

For Dessert Lee didn’t have anything, I ordered some kind of Banana’s wrapped in a Chocolate Crepe thing (sorry no photo of the description) but didn’t eat it as it wasn’t very nice.

P1010674.jpg

We said our goodbyes to Karen & Sophie and went up to Deck 12 to the Pirate party and fireworks, we had already missed the party but we arrived just in time to see the fireworks.

P1010678.jpg

P1010687.jpg

Continued below........​

As we were walking back to the lift we bumped into Monica again who asked where Karen was, she had not yet seen her so we took her down to the Bon Voyage bar in the Atrium which was where Karen & Sophie were going when we left them but they weren’t there. The Lee suggested the shop as Sophie had mentioned she wanted to get some more books to read and that is where we found them! We all chatted for a while and took some pics of us together.

(Monica, Me, Karen and Sophie)

P1010689.jpg

(Lee, Me, Karen and Sophie)

P1010688.jpg

Monica soon had to go as she had left her friends up on deck 12 without telling them where she was going, the rest of us ganged up on Lee and decided that we needed to go to…………………………..PINK! :woohoo:

Karen & I both had an “Absolutely Fabulous” Champagne cocktail….no idea what was in it but it was lovely and lived up to it’s name! Although they only serve Champagne cocktails in here they did go to the bar next door and get a Corona for Lee. :thumbsup2

We also had a glass of the “PINK” Taittinger Champagne each too, it was a lovely end to a great day. :cloud9:

Here’s Karen & I with our Ab Fab’s:

P1010690.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

We decided to call it a night about 12.30pm, I was SO tired! :faint: When we got back to our room we had a wonderful surprise on the bed along with our towel animal……

P1010691.jpg

A special Dream Maiden Voyage lithograph by Disney Artist Don “Ducky” Williams, it was such a lovely surprise gift. It has the dates etc written on the bottom but you can't see it that well in this pic.

P1010747.jpg

Coming soon to a screen near you…….A Dreamy day at Sea!

Great stuff Claire - love the empty ship photos. I'm really looking forward to seeing the fireworks at sea next year as Disney weren't allowed to do them on the Baltic cruise.

Oh wow Claire! This cruise looks incredible - you're so lucky! :goodvibes

I keep trying to convince my DBF to book a Dream cruise... he's slowly coming around to the idea, he suggested the date 2012 yesterday. I think it's the Aquaduck that is swinging it for him! :rotfl2:

The Enchanted Garden looks gorgeous - and I love those Mickey ears! :love:

Can't wait to hear more :)

Steffi xx

Claire it looks all so fabulous.

I love your pictures of the adult only areas - what a great space for adults to relax

Also your food and drink pictures are stunning. Loving the look of Pink - no wonder you wanted to spend time there.

Can't wait to read more

Tam

WOW
WOW
WOW
WOW

and thats all I'm saying ....

apart from telling you that these photos are easily the best ones I have seen of the Dream, both interior and exterior ( and believe me I have seen a few !! ) Excellent photography !! ( what camera do you use ??? )

Loving your report Claire. The Dream looks amazing and you have taken some wonderful photos. Love the piccies of you and Lee :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter