Dream Maiden Voyage Trip Report, A Dream Come True = Completed

Wow ! what a difference in the crowds at WWoHP, I love your pics of an empty Harry Potter Land ::yes::

Can't wait to read all about the Disney Dream, I hope you don't leave it too long between installments :rotfl2:

Wow ! what a difference in the crowds at WWoHP, I love your pics of an empty Harry Potter Land ::yes::

Can't wait to read all about the Disney Dream, I hope you don't leave it too long between installments :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I knew you would say that, i've just started it but I have over 2000 photos of the ship to sort through first. :lmao: :lmao:

Great start Claire, the hilton looks lovely!

Can't wait to read your thoughts on the Dream!:goodvibes

Glad I've found your report Claire:wave:

Your photos are lovely.

Looking forward to reading more:)

Another good day Claire :goodvibes I was pleased to see Lee had chosen the same track as me for Rip, Ride n Rockit - there was no other choice for me, that one was perfect! :thumbsup2

Really looking forward to seeing the Dream and all the fun I'm sure you had!

Another great day Claire. I was thinking of staying at Port Canaveral next year when we do the Fantasy maiden voyage - would you recommend the Radisson?

A great start to your TR - am loving all the photos though the desserts ones are making me drool! :laughing:

Wow...what a difference in crowds at WWoHP!

What a fab start, I love the Royal Pacific. I am suprised to see you have started shopping so early in the trip lol..

Lovely pics, and some scrummy looking food.

Now get on with it Mrs, I want to hear about the Dream xx

another great day, cant wait to read more :goodvibes

Wednesday 26th January 2011 = My dream, Our Dream – THE Dream!!!!!!

Finally the day we had waited for for so long was here! :yay: I was wide awake most of the night, I think I finally fell asleep about 5am :faint: and woke up at 8am as I heard Lee wandering around. I immediately sprang out of the bed and opened the curtains and squealed with delight, Lee came running out of the bathroom wondering what on earth was wrong at which point I was jumping up and down pointing out of the window chanting “red funnels” over and over again. I was like an over excited three year old on Christmas morning!

If you squint and look over the ship in the front of the photo you can indeed see the red funnels. :rotfl:

P1010365.jpg

I was so excited and we quickly showered and got ready, packed our toiletries etc back in the case and headed over to the lobby, they had kindly agreed to store one of our cases for the duration of the cruise. I was told I needed to move the car into the cruise parking area at the back of the hotel, once I had done that we got a taxi to the port, $12 + tip. We dropped our luggage off and joined the end of the queue, despite it only being 9.30am it was pretty long. Within five minutes or so some dark clouds rolled over and it began to rain……not great as we were queuing just outside the covered area and were only wearing t shirts! :rolleyes: What really annoyed us and everyone around us is that people were arriving in taxi’s, buses etc and unloading right near the front of the queue and then just merging into the front of the queue! :mad: Several people went and complained to the guys taking the cases but they just said it had nothing to do with them, it was very frustrating as we were all standing in the rain and they were just queue jumping. On one occasion a large group unloaded near us and began to stand just in front under the shelter, Lee was at boiling point by now and told them all to move – which they did very reluctantly, everyone we were talking to in the queue near us gave him a cheer. :lmao:

P1010367.jpg

P1010370.jpg

P1010371.jpg

Eventually around 10.30am they began to let us in, we were soon through security and up to the check in area. We went over to the Castaway Club line and were directed to the Non US desk, which was great as there wasn’t a queue. We were called forward to the next available agent, who was a very sweet but very old man. It took him quite a while to check us in and then at the end asked us what number boarding card we had, well we hadn’t been given one and should have been by the girl who sent us over to the non US queue so he told us to go back to her and get her to issue a lower number than they were currently on. Which is what I did, but she really gave me some attitude saying that she had given me one but I must have lost it! :furious: Well after standing in the pissing rain for an hour I was beginning to lose my patience and told her in a very firm manner that she had NOT given me the card and that as we had been in the terminal about 20 minutes already I wanted an earlier boarding number than what she was currently giving out. She rather rudely pushed a card across the desk to me which was originally number 9 but she had crossed it out and changed it to a 7. Let’s just say it was a very frustrating start to the day but Lee & I decided that we would forget all about it and start from scratch as we were both fuming, so we took several deep breaths and started again.

I then heard someone shouting my name I turned around to see one of my friends Monica running towards me, we chatted for a while and I introduced her to Lee as they hadn’t met before. After a while Monica rejoined her friends and Lee and I took some photos in the terminal, whilst we were walking around Captain Mickey appeared and we quickly jumped in the short line, which grew rather rapidly.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Whilst we were outside taking pics of the Dream we bumped into Monica again so we took some photos together:

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

I also tracked down two other DIS members from our cruise meet thread, they had organised all the Lanyards, Mini Navigators, Dream badges and an AquaDuck Fastpass (which was a bit of an ongoing joke we had on our thread) and were handing them out to all 450 DISers that were on the cruise. :worship: Here is a photo of the lanyard:

P1020799.jpg

We then stood around waiting to board, I noticed some familiar faces that were close by but I was too shy to say hello…at first I had my back to them but could not fail recognise the voices of none other than Pete Warner, Walter Echols and Corey Martin (also Coreys sister Anna but I’d never heard her voice before). I regretted not saying hello to them but was just too shy after listening to them on the Podcast for so long! (I actually found the podcast before the DISboards).

Eventually boarding began and it was soon our turn, we walked through the big Mickey ears and joined a queue to have our boarding photo taken. It is not an option to bypass this photo now as they use this photo in some kind of face recognition software that links to your Key to the World card and groups all your photos together in Shutters.

We were “welcomed” on to the “Disney Dream” ship in the usual manner :cloud9: and were immediately blown away by the atrium, it is INCREDIBLE, words and photos just can not describe how beautiful it is. :love:

We quickly went to D Lounge to be added to the waitlist for Palo and Remy, we knew it was a long shot but worth being added just incase they had extra availability.

D Lounge:

IMG_0099.jpg

Continued below……..​

We walked through the art gallery.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Then we went back down to the atrium to take it all in. Goofy was at the bottom of the stairs getting some fuss from a young boy, he will wiggling around all over the place, so cute! :lovestruc:

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

We walked down the corridor towards the three shops, they weren’t opening until 6pm. I used the Restroom nearby and couldn’t resist taking a photo of the mirrors…..

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

It was now 1.30pm so we went to our Stateroom to drop off of hand luggage and see our room.

IMG_0277.jpg

The walkway and wardrobes (please excuse my shoes :lmao: )

IMG_0146.jpg

The toilet:

IMG_0143.jpg

A separate bath/shower room next door, there is also another sink in this room but I haven’t got a photo of that:

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

(We loved the round bath, so much better for showering in than the long narrow baths)

Two shower heads:

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

The lovely bed:

IMG_0147.jpg

A much larger dresser space:

IMG_0157.jpg

The wave phones (which are so useful) are basically mobile phones that work around the ship and on Castaway Cay so you can call your partner/kids whoever has the other phone. You can also call other people's wave phone if you have more friends/family etc onboard.

IMG_0163.jpg

The Castaway Club gifts that we received, we also got a keyring but for some reason it’s not in the pic.

IMG_0154.jpg

Our stateroom host knocked to introduce himself, he was Romain from Jamaica – although we didn’t see him again until the last night.

I will have to split this day into two sections as it is very long and I have so many pics so I’ll leave it there for now and will get Part 2 up asap.​

Great start Claire, the hilton looks lovely!

Can't wait to read your thoughts on the Dream!:goodvibes

The Hilton is a fab way to start your trip. Especially as we pay for it with Tesco vouchers. :thumbsup2

Glad I've found your report Claire:wave:

Your photos are lovely.

Looking forward to reading more:)

Hey Michelle, thanks for reading. :)

Another great day Claire. I was thinking of staying at Port Canaveral next year when we do the Fantasy maiden voyage - would you recommend the Radisson?

The Radisson was great for one night but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer than that. It was approx £75 for one night & free parking for the duration of the cruise. :)

What a fab start, I love the Royal Pacific. I am suprised to see you have started shopping so early in the trip lol..

Lovely pics, and some scrummy looking food.

Now get on with it Mrs, I want to hear about the Dream xx

Thanks hun, you know me.....I start shopping the minute I get to the airport & don't stop until I get home. :lmao:

The first instalment of the Dream is now up. :p

The Radisson was great for one night but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer than that. It was approx £75 for one night & free parking for the duration of the cruise. :)

Thanks Claire. It would only be for one night as I was thinking of flying in the day before the cruise, staying overnight at Port Canaveral and then 7 days in WDW after the cruise. :)

Love the photos of 'The Dream' :)

:eek: at that woman giving out the boarding numbers - am glad you did not let it ruin your day and :love: Captain Mickey!

Wow :scared1: How amazing does that all look, I was sat here completely compelled by just the photos :goodvibes I loved those Mickey mirrors, I want some! :lovestruc

wow the dream looks amazing :goodvibes

Wow ! what fab-u-lous photos Claire ::yes:: the Disney Dream looks amazing, I can't wait to see some more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter