Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is fine you are from Minnesota, your a neighbor. I am originally from Ohio, then Maryland, before Wisconsin. my husband is from Indy, and we are all Colts fans. Whenever the Packers play the Vikings, we route for the Vikings!
We go a little earlier in Jan because my husband is a professor at Marquette and has to be back for classes around the mlk holiday. I have also only gotten two at the parks. All the rest on eBay, fb, or disneystore.com. I am hoping this Jan. to get the comic one! :cool1:

In going back through this thread a little bit, I noticed your comment about your husband working at Marquette...that's where I went to school! :thumbsup2

So I am guessing you will be cheering for the Vikings today then. :sad2:

In going back through this thread a little bit, I noticed your comment about your husband working at Marquette...that's where I went to school! :thumbsup2

Marquette is a great school. The Colts are playing tonight and I am only staying focused on them today. That way, hopefully, I can stay out of the frying pan. However, I did promise a friend of mine Friday that I would route for the Packers, not knowing who they were playing, because she loves the Packers like I love Disney and she is fighting cancer. So, I think I will have to route for the Packers for her. I have to admit the Packers are absolutely great this year!! If they keep this up they might make a fan of me yet. Only one problem, I hate their uniforms:lmao: Is not that a stupid thing to say:rotfl2:

It is a bad bad thing that I found this thread....

I don't have a Dooney yet, and have to admit that the most expensive bag I have is one that I purchased at Sears on clearance for around $30 :sad1:

But I really really want to get one of the new strip bags when we go in January..... I have wanted one of the Mickey bags for a few years, and just can't justify spending that much on myself.

My husband's family gives money for Christmas/birthday's for the adults, and my birthday is a week before Christmas so I am going to save my birthday/Christmas money and finally splurge on myself (that is unless I talk myself out of it)

So until we go to the World in January, I am going to stalk this thread and look at all the awesomness and try to decide which one I really really want. And maybe sell some things on ebay because I LOVE the Satchel (anyone have one of these, how is the size?) and I won't feel as guilty about spending money on myself if I "earn" it first :rotfl: (yes, I've been known to spend my birthday money on my kids :guilty:)

So, now that I've rambled ... off to stalk earlier posts and drool....

I don't have a Dooney yet, and have to admit that the most expensive bag I have is one that I purchased at Sears on clearance for around $30 :sad1:

But I really really want to get one of the new strip bags when we go in January..... I have wanted one of the Mickey bags for a few years, and just can't justify spending that much on myself.

My husband's family gives money for Christmas/birthday's for the adults, and my birthday is a week before Christmas so I am going to save my birthday/Christmas money and finally splurge on myself (that is unless I talk myself out of it)

So until we go to the World in January, I am going to stalk this thread and look at all the awesomness and try to decide which one I really really want. And maybe sell some things on ebay because I LOVE the Satchel (anyone have one of these, how is the size?) and I won't feel as guilty about spending money on myself if I "earn" it first :rotfl: (yes, I've been known to spend my birthday money on my kids :guilty:)

Here's a vote for treating yourself! Welcome to the thread! I had never bought an expensive purse until the Disney Dooneys and now I'm a little embarrassed by how many I have. I just love them! I'm selling some stuff on ebay to save up for or at least offset the cost of the comic strip bag when we go in December. Go for it! and be very careful, they're really addictive!

Hope you find your perfect wallet, Catira!

And have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Have a great time and here is pixie dust for you to get the right wallet and the new comic purse.:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Good luck, Catira - hope you find a wallet with great placement! Please do post if you find any comic bags, I'm still holding out hope they'll show up within the next week! :thumbsup2

With all the pixie dust you pixiedust: all sent me I found 2 wallets that I think have awesome placement. Found one at WOD and the other at MK .Now of course I have to decide which one to keep. I just took pics of the wallets with my Iphone but have not figured out how to upload them here. Just got my Iphone last week so I am still learning how it works. Went to MK again this morning and they only had two wallets on display. But WOD had like 12 of them that they let me choose from.:cutie: TREN-D had a few but none that I liked. Have not seen any 40th letters carriers or wristlets anywhere.

I asked the CM at TREN-D about the new comic print and she said they were told the bags would be available at the end of October. But so far I have not seen any at MK or downtown disney. Still have until the 29th to look for them. I'll check HS tonight and Epcot tomorrow. :goodvibes

Oh no, this is great that you found us. We love people joining our addiction. You will never regret buying a Dooney and then another, another, another, etc.... you get the picture:lmao:As others have said, you can never have just one. Welcome aboard and have fun. Remember, if mom is happy with her Disney Dooney, everyone is happy!!:rotfl2:
So, this year no spending your money on your kids. You can go back to that next year.:)

Here's a vote for treating yourself! Welcome to the thread! I had never bought an expensive purse until the Disney Dooneys and now I'm a little embarrassed by how many I have. I just love them! I'm selling some stuff on ebay to save up for or at least offset the cost of the comic strip bag when we go in December. Go for it! and be very careful, they're really addictive!

Thanks for the welcome! I almost splurged on one last trip in '09 but we were about to move from FL to LA, so I just couldn't justify it at the time.... but I figure with using my bday money and ebay money (I'm fixing to list some vinylmation trading pins as my first auction toward bag money! Now I have to raid the closets for more stuff!) Plus I just LOVE the new design coming out.....

Also have to ask, anyone been to the Doony & Bourke outlets in Orlando? I ALWAYS hit the outlet malls there, but have never gone in the D & B store there..... I like the idea of 40% off, even if it would be my second choice of design.

okay, that was a great win again for the Packers. That was a humiliating loss for the colts. No team in the professional league has ever scored that many points in a game before. :scared1::sad2: as the Saints did tonight.
Oh well, I live in Wisconsin so I can take the Packers win as my own.:lmao:
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread of Disney Dooneys, which by the way, never let us down:cool1:

Wondering how many dooneys is to many to take on my trip.?? So far I have 4 packed.
Hope you are having a great time Liza save some dooneys for me.

okay, that was a great win again for the Packers. That was a humiliating loss for the colts. No team in the professional league has ever scored that many points in a game before. :scared1::sad2: as the Saints did tonight.
Oh well, I live in Wisconsin so I can take the Packers win as my own.:lmao:
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread of Disney Dooneys, which by the way, never let us down:cool1:

LOL. Yeah, it's always nice to beat the Vikings. :thumbsup2 I saw the score of the Colts game right before halftime and it was already pretty ugly. I won't ask what the final score was.

Back on topic...if I am able to get a Disney Dooney with my sister's CM discount, which one should I go for? I was thinking about the 40th anniversary crossbody (the smaller one) but now I am thinking about the sketch one in the same style. I already have the wristlet in the sketch pattern. Thoughts?

LOL. Yeah, it's always nice to beat the Vikings. :thumbsup2 I saw the score of the Colts game right before halftime and it was already pretty ugly. I won't ask what the final score was.

Back on topic...if I am able to get a Disney Dooney with my sister's CM discount, which one should I go for? I was thinking about the 40th anniversary crossbody (the smaller one) but now I am thinking about the sketch one in the same style. I already have the wristlet in the sketch pattern. Thoughts?

I would go for both!!!!!!

They are both wonderful and beautiful and they are both in my house! ha-ha, I think it is too personal, just find the one that you enjoy the most and go for it.

:thumbsup2

The score was 61-7:scared1: Peyton Manning get well:thumbsup2
On the happier note I would recommend both as well. You can never have too many. My philosophy when it comes to these purses, if in doubt, get both or all three. Like my other friend here on the dis board who says she sells on ebay to provide for this addiction, I do the same thing. You would be amazed the money found in a closet:lmao:
I personally can't use the letter carrier crossbodies. They are just too small for me, but they are incredibly cute:banana:

I would go for both!!!!!!

They are both wonderful and beautiful and they are both in my house! ha-ha, I think it is too personal, just find the one that you enjoy the most and go for it.

Hahahaha!:lmao: ITA! GET BOTH!
Great minds think alike!:thumbsup2

Just got back Saturday night.

I got a 40th wallet! I have the letter carrier to match already. I found one with good placement that I liked at WoD. I was able to sort through about 5 they had out.

I did not see any 40th letter carriers or wristlets anywhere either, and I went in the shops at CR, Poly, MK, DHS, Epcot and AK. No comic bag either.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here is the display at DTD
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I did not see any 40th letter carriers or wristlets anywhere either, and I went in the shops at CR, Poly, MK, DHS, Epcot and AK. No comic bag either.

Well, if that's the case at the end of this week too it might make my decision easier! Unless I wait until December when my parents go visit my sister againg but I think that might be getting into the blockout dates for the discount. I do like the larger crossbody too. We'll have to see!

One week left in October and those new bags are no where to be seen! I am leaving in two days hope they end up there!

I apologize if this has been posted, but didn't know if anyone noticed that the Disney Dream Satchel's are marked down from $275 to $206.25 on the Disney store website.

Medium Dream totes from $295 to $221.25

That seems like it's marked down more from a few days ago (I've been stalking the Disney Store website for tee's for our upcomming trip).

With all the pixie dust you pixiedust: all sent me I found 2 wallets that I think have awesome placement. Found one at WOD and the other at MK .Now of course I have to decide which one to keep. I just took pics of the wallets with my Iphone but have not figured out how to upload them here. Just got my Iphone last week so I am still learning how it works. Went to MK again this morning and they only had two wallets on display. But WOD had like 12 of them that they let me choose from.:cutie: TREN-D had a few but none that I liked. Have not seen any 40th letters carriers or wristlets anywhere.

I asked the CM at TREN-D about the new comic print and she said they were told the bags would be available at the end of October. But so far I have not seen any at MK or downtown disney. Still have until the 29th to look for them. I'll check HS tonight and Epcot tomorrow. :goodvibes

SOOOOOOOO happy for you! :banana: Hope I have the same good luck when I get to Disney next month! And, I noticed that it was 2 days since your birthday trip, so Happy Belated Birthday too! :goodvibes

Did anyone order in the sale last thursday? I haven't seen it move or ship and I'm getting anxious - only 31 days to go til I need it in the park :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter