Dooney & bourke Disney collaboration part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at WDW on 2/14/10, and they had a large display of the first print at the upscale shop along Main Street at MK. I bought mine (smallest handbag - $150) at the boutique in the GF in January. I'm not a purse person, but I saw this and squealed in excitement. I didn't know they were going to become difficult to come by - I'm so glad I bought it. So are they still selling the first print and just aren't making any more, or have they taken it off the shelves?

We are going to WDW in Oct. I'm already 2nd guessing my dining ressies and I'm not even at the 180 mark yet!!! Now I see these and have to decide what to get when I go! Wow!! But which do I want??? Decisions, decisions! Since it's a "new" thread, maybe we need up close photo recaps of whats available. Is that possible?? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We are going to WDW in Oct. I'm already 2nd guessing my dining ressies and I'm not even at the 180 mark yet!!! Now I see these and have to decide what to get when I go! Wow!! But which do I want??? Decisions, decisions! Since it's a "new" thread, maybe we need up close photo recaps of whats available. Is that possible?? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

yes, i think we can get to work on that! :thumbsup2 also, im right there with you. ive got about 2 weeks till i make my ADR's and ive been arranging and REarranging them for weeks now!

here are some photos of my collection:

here is my version one cindy tote that i received for christmas:

IMG_1245.jpg

here is my wonder wristlet:

287.jpg

here is my large wonder tote:

IMG_1248.jpg

here is my large sketch tote:

056.jpg

my totes hangin together! :

058.jpg

also: here are the displays of bags i observed on my january 16-19th trip to WDW

the store at DHS:

266-1.jpg

267.jpg

The store at MK:

268.jpg

Thanks so much for posting those pics!

I was so excited to see the more subdued tan pattern because the sketch and wonder patterns just seemed too bold for me to carry everyday. But the more I see the big black wonder bag, the more I like it, especially since it looks bigger than the tan champsac. I wish I could get away with one of the little cute purses, but I need a big purse because I carry the whole world around everywhere :sad2:.

So glad I'm going soon so I can try them all on :thumbsup2. This will be the most money I've spent on myself for one item since, well, ever so it's a big decision ;)!

Thanks to all of you for contributing to my new obsession :cool1:!

Bree

Thanks so much for posting those pics!

I was so excited to see the more subdued tan pattern because the sketch and wonder patterns just seemed too bold for me to carry everyday. But the more I see the big black wonder bag, the more I like it, especially since it looks bigger than the tan champsac. I wish I could get away with one of the little cute purses, but I need a big purse because I carry the whole world around everywhere :sad2:.

So glad I'm going soon so I can try them all on :thumbsup2. This will be the most money I've spent on myself for one item since, well, ever so it's a big decision ;)!

Thanks to all of you for contributing to my new obsession :cool1:!

Bree

i know what you mean! i would love to get a wonder print barrell bag but i carry around FAR too much stuff to make that work! have a magical trip and its AMAZING to get to see all the bags in person! :wizard:

I am still so drawn to the wonder tassel bag, but I don't want to buy one until I can see one in person. Unfortunately that will not be until August LOL. I had my mind set on the sketch tassel last October, but when I got there, I didn't like it at all, it was way to hard to get into and out of. That is why I am afraid to buy any of them without checking them out myself.

for what it's worth, i have the sketch totes and the wonder tassel, and although i love them all, when we went to wdw in february, it was the wonder tassel that i really used. the rainbow zip closure is great and it does hold quite a bit. i am thinking about the champsac but still undecided. although i originally thought the wonder print was really bright, it has totally become my favorite to carry. the black just looks great with everything. highly recommend the wonder tassel!

now, does anyone have any opinions on the champsac??? enablers needed!!:)

Glad to see everyone has found the Part 2 thread so we can continue obsessing....

my tan letter carrier is supposed to arrive today. I have decided not to tell DH about it and on Easter morning when the Easter bunny comes and leaves something for everyone on their pile of Easter grass....my letter carrier will suddenly appear on my grass!:thumbsup2

Need Clarification....Are these only available at WDW??? Or can they be ordered. Are all styles at DW???

All styles and colors are available in Disney World or can be ordered through the merchandise mail order phone number.

It has been reported that only the black Wonder pattern and styles are available in Disneyland at this time.

All styles and colors are available in Disney World or can be ordered through the merchandise mail order phone number.

It has been reported that only the black Wonder pattern and styles are available in Disneyland at this time.

I posted this on the other thread but when I called WDW merchandising yesterday looking to purchase the medium white sketch version #1 I found out only version #2 of the sketch is available to order through merchandising :sad2: and it is currently on backorder. I really wanted version #1 :sad1:

So it looks like the parks have the last few remaining stock of the white sketch #1 and then they'll be gone.

Letter carrier purse just arrived.....I have to say that I am not overly excited about the quality. I think it is pretty flimsy...including the leather strap. My Coach swing packs are much better quality. I do like the tan print and placement on the purse. I think if I would have been there to purchase it in person I would have passed on it.

Letter carrier purse just arrived.....I have to say that I am not overly excited about the quality. I think it is pretty flimsy...including the leather strap. My Coach swing packs are much better quality. I do like the tan print and placement on the purse. I think if I would have been there to purchase it in person I would have passed on it.

this is exactly what i thought. i am a fellow coachie (still love dooney! ) and when my swingpack arrived, i just was not won over. i actually returned it. that is why i am still not sure about the champsac. i actually just bought a leather champsac in fuschia from macy's yesterday! it is a nice bag. large but it slouches. i just am not sure how it will look in the tan fabric. i like that it is neutral, but it is a lot of fabric showing and i am used to leather and also the coated canvas. ugh, must decide. anyway, sorry you weren't wowed but i have to agree with you on this one. i think maybe the plastic zipper didn't help because i also have dooney swingpacks with brass zippers and i prefer that look. ah well.... :)

this is exactly what i thought. i am a fellow coachie (still love dooney! ) and when my swingpack arrived, i just was not won over. i actually returned it. that is why i am still not sure about the champsac. i actually just bought a leather champsac in fuschia from macy's yesterday! it is a nice bag. large but it slouches. i just am not sure how it will look in the tan fabric. i like that it is neutral, but it is a lot of fabric showing and i am used to leather and also the coated canvas. ugh, must decide. anyway, sorry you weren't wowed but i have to agree with you on this one. i think maybe the plastic zipper didn't help because i also have dooney swingpacks with brass zippers and i prefer that look. ah well.... :)

I guess that is the hard part about not being able to be there and purchase them in person....I mean I will probably use it but it definitely did not excite me like the Sketch and black Wonder totes did when I received them. The other part I don't care for is the straps are actually attached to the fabric on the purse, rather than a leather strip...I have a feeling it is going to tear or become stressed over time with lots of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter