Does Santa wrap presents or doesn't wrap?

Santa wraps presents and stocking items. Definitely different paper. No bows on Santa gifts as they would get crushed in the sleigh. We open gifts one at a time. With all the time and money I put into it I want to drag it out. Now that the kids are older brunch can interrupt gift opening for a while.

A couple of years ago my mom accidentally used Santa paper to wrap some gifts. I told her she should wrap again as that was not how it was done. My daughter, who was in college, told my mom how interesting it was that her and Santa had the same taste in paper. My mom told her great minds think alike.

Last edited:
Santa wraps in fun Christmas paper. This year, he will be using blue narwhal Christmas wrap from Target because my 10 year old loves narwhals. One of my assistants at work always addresses the labels on Santa gifts so that the handwriting does not match my or my husband's handwriting. Stocking gifts are unwrapped as we consider the stocking to be the wrapper for those small gifts. Gifts between family members are wrapped in paper that coordinates with the colors of the decorations on the tree.

For those who do multiple gifts from Santa why is that?

I do it because both my husband and I grew up with multiple gifts from Santa so that's what we do/did with our kids (one is an adult now). That being said, each child is/was allowed to ask Santa for 3 gifts and that's how many they get plus stocking gifts. I'm not sure why we settled on 3 except that it keeps the lists from being too long. lol

I do it because both my husband and I grew up with multiple gifts from Santa so that's what we do/did with our kids (one is an adult now). That being said, each child is/was allowed to ask Santa for 3 gifts and that's how many they get plus stocking gifts. I'm not sure why we settled on 3 except that it keeps the lists from being too long. lol
Same here. Three Santa gifts per child plus the stocking. Santa does not wrap. The stocking is actually a sack made of heavy canvas with each child’s name on it. Way easier to fill.

We give the kids a few small gifts under the tree—pjs, a couple of other small things—this year Cabbage patch kid clothes and an Arthur plush.

Our kids receive one gift from DH and I and the rest are from Santa. I like it that way. To each their own though.

Not sure why we always did more than one gift from Santa. I guess b cause that's the way our parents did it.

Santa doesn't wrap. He comes on Christmas Eve, leaves the presents and on to the next house.
With all the toys to make, no time to wrap!

It was always fun to sneak a look under the tree with just the tree lights on. So magical.

growing up, Santa didn't wrap. We got up and non wrapped gifts were under the tree. How we knew what gifts were for whom.... no idea.

When I became a parent, I was shocked to learn that Santa wrapped in paper that had Santa on it. Then he left the extra paper under the tree as a gift to us.

Does Santa wrap at your house?
everything is wrapped including stuff in stockings, no presents under tree until after the children went to bed on xmas eve, big pile of presents were all from Santa's visit. We never differentiated between Santa and parent gifts. We gave Santa all the credit. When they got older and knew they were all from us, we continued the empty tree till xmas morning tradition.

Presents sent early from relatives went under another tree and brought to the Santa tree after they woke up.

That's just how my parents did it so that's how I do it now. That said, the more expensive/big deal presents come from mom and dad. Our income levels have fluctuated over the years which can dictate different gift budgets, so I don't like to vastly change what 'type' of gifts Santa brings, and I'm sure there also may be children at school who don't get much at all and can't understand why Santa brought their friends big ticket things but not them, and wonder what they did wrong. So Santa does bring more than one gift, but they're all smaller things, and most everything else comes from us.

I guess that's because how both DH & I grew up...

Santa brings the "big gift" plus 1 or 2 other gifts & then some smaller items to round out the display. If Santa is bringing a toy, it's already set up, & everything is arranged in 3 pretty, Christmas-y displays around the Christmas tree in our family room. Everything comes from the North Pole ready to go!

And then the kids have 5 or so wrapped presents under the tree from us & each other.

The kids examine all their Santa gifts, & then we do our stockings.

And then we take turns opening the presents under the tree.

EDITED TO ADD - I actually had no idea that Santa ever wrapped presents until the DIS. LOL!

Santa wraps presents and stocking items. Definitely different paper. No bows on Santa gifts as they would get crushed in the sleigh. We open gifts one at a time. With all the time and money I put into it I want to drag it out. Now that the kids are older brunch can interrupt gift opening for a while.

Exactly how we do it- I think it would be awful to just have her walk into a room with a bunch of unwrapped gifts Christmas morning- how anti-climatic. Even every little stocking thing gets wrapped!

Santa always brought everything other than one or 2 gifts that I got her- Santa always bought the most wanted gift every year plus a bunch of other stuff. I never felt like I needed the "credit" for getting the good gift, she would know soon enough who actually got her those gifts as she got older.

At my house, Santa left wrapped gifts. Nothing was ever unwrapped unless it was in a stocking. There was no special Santa paper for these gifts, though, and there was no leftover paper left beneath the tree.

Growing up and also with my own kids, everything was wrapped and everything was from Santa. It never occurred to me to have gifts from my parents or me/Xdh or to use special paper. Guessing we weren't the norm? Sometimes if I was caught up on the wrapping, I wrapped stuff for the stockings. If I was in a rush, it got thrown in there, unwrapped. We did not have a fireplace so stockings were at the foot of the bed to keep them busy in the morning so I could at least wake up.

When I was very little, Santa did not wrap.
As I got older, he started to wrap. I suspect because the gifts were not as "cute" unwrapped. I mean a boombox or new sweater just isn't as adorable when staged under the tree as babies in strollers, or a "Peoples" house with all the furniture set up, little car in the garage, dog in front of the fire, and the family sleeping in their beds. lol.

When my kids came along, Santa always wrapped because it drew out the torture (I mean suspense) as l..o..n..g.. as possible before the kids were allowed to dig in. Aah, aah, aah, mom and dad need their coffee... Don't you two want to eat breakfast first?... Let me comb my hair...
Santa gave one gift plus all the stocking stuffers. He used special paper and labels (he must have had a LOT of that stuff because he used the same stuff for years...)

When the kids were little, everything showed up Christmas Eve. But, now that they are older, I enjoy wrapping and placing gifts under the tree as I go. It's easier than trying to find places to hide things and risking forgetting something on Christmas Eve. Bonus: it looks so festive with wrapped gifts under the tree.

I don't have any kids, so I don't have to worry about what I would do for Santa.

When I was a kid, Santa wrapped all the gifts. My sister and I each had our own paper. If there was a big gift for us to share, it was wrapped half in my paper and half in her paper. Santa also wrapped every little thing in our stockings. I think my mom wrapped every little thing to make us slow down on Christmas morning and actually look at the stuff. She also made sure that we each had the exact same number of gifts. Also, in our house, Santa brought all the presents. Its funny now, looking back, that I never questioned why my mom didn't get me a single Christmas gift.

When I was growing up Santa wrapped (normally in paper with Santa on it because he obviously thought it was a good likeness). He still wraps most of the time here with the exception being gifts too large to wrap which normally have very fancy giant fabric bows. He wraps in this green and red striped paper because that apparently is the one thing from Polar Express my children remembered and loved. That paper is stocked up on (and carefully kept in a vault in the North Pole and guarded heavily) for my one believer.

Santa also signs (in cursive) from Mr. C to his gift because again Polar Express with a clearly impressive calligraphy set and gold tags (again Polar Express because you don't get to choose what your kids grab on to). Poor Mom makes due with a sharpie and simpler tags where I print each name.

Santa only brings one gift per child (normally a bigger item) and then their stockings (which also have items wrapped). As a parent I appreciate this because I get to watch them unwrap and never miss out on the thrilled faces if they are up before me. My kids open their Santa presents and stocking and then we have a huge breakfast before we tackle the rest of the gifts.

The one thing that has always happened is that no presents go under the tree besides ones going elsewhere (to friends, family we will be visiting on Xmas eve) or gifts the kids have bought (and even then it wasn't until they actually bought and wrapped them) until Xmas eve. So they go to bed with a tree with maybe four gifts under it (at most) and wake up to the whole thing being transformed. This does mean I still have to hide everything even once wrapped but the whole oh my look on their face is so worth it. My DD 15 stayed up last year for the first time to help (I was undergoing cancer treatment and she didn't want me doing all the set up myself) and I think she missed the big reveal of Christmas morning (not that she would ever say that). Since I am in remission I am planning on tackling it myself this year. Its not often as we grow up that we still get wow'ed by things and I love that she still is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter