Does it matter if we check-in late?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
Hello :wave2:
Our flight doesn't arrive into Orlando until 3.30pm and by the time we have cleared immigration etc. I believe we won't be at the HRH until about 5.30/6.00pm.

I have read horror stories about hotels over-booking rooms and people arriving late to find that their room has been given to someone else. Is there any chance at all of this happening?! Having read about the dreadful easter crowds, I doubt we will cope without FOTL access at Universal!

Thankyou

:wave2:

We checked in once at about 10:00 p.m. at Portofino Bay and didn't have any problem at all. We were given a beautiful room - exactly what we had asked for. You aren't really checking in late. Check-in time at the hotel is not until 4:00 p.m. I think you will be fine and shouldn't worry about it.

Why not e-mail the hotel, telling them when you will arrive and just confirming that you know they will have a wonderful room waiting for you, then print your e-mail. I'm sure you don't need to, but it would make you feel more secure if you had something to wave at them 'just in case'! They might even reply, which would be even more reassuring! I'm covering my tracks left, right and centre for our summer trip! At least it helps me to sleep at night!

I wouldn't worry as your room is not meant to be ready till 4pm if u arrive 3.30 pm at Sandford u will be at hotel about 5 pm if its MCO prob earlier Sandford imigration is quick and painless:jester:

When I made our ressies the girl on the phone asked me when we would be there to check in , I told her about 6pm (we are driving down that morning from Atl GA area) and I assumed she noted it on the ressies. Why else would she ask such a question.
But when I recieved the email comformation it stated that the rm was guaranteed until 4pm. I would guess this is there way to cover themselves in case of over booking.

I think I am now going to do as suggested here and contact the hotel with the info that I won't be there to check in until later.
Anyone have the direct email addy to RPR?

Thanks
SHaron

Our flight doesn't even get in until 9:30 pm. I would be really upset if my room was given away. :mad:
Can anyone estimate how long it will take us to get our bags and transportation and then get to the Portofino?

We checked in at 2:30 am after having our plane delayed in a snowstorm. Everything was perfect!!! Familyof14, I would estimate about an hour. It depends on if you are renting a car, or taking a limo, mears, taxi, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter