Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

Yeah! Carole glad you have started your trippie I' am along for the ride. I always love reading your reports.

You and Tom look so happy in your photos and you are both very photogenic.

I always set off the alarms do to my knee replacements. Then they want to take me aside and do the full body pat down. First time was mortified now not so much.

Looking forward to your next installment :)

I was having an incredibly bad day, so it was SO NICE to see this report and get to spend a few minutes with you. :) So sorry about your friend. Having lost my two best friends way too young (one was to cancer -- the other was an awful, sudden death as well), I understand the pain. But, I feel confident you're right -- she would've wanted you to have a fantastic trip! One of these friends once told me, like John Lennon, she would send me a white feather as a sign. I'd been waiting for that sign for 27 years (there's more to this story, but I don't want to get everyone WAY DOWN!). Then, on our last vacation, my son and I found a FIELD of white feathers. My 9-year-old son picked one up and said, "THIS one. This one needs to come with us and is from Sarah." He brought it with us everywhere and is now with a jacket she left me. I hope your friend sends you a sign as well. <3 Also, having an only son myself, I know yours probably had a great time being a young adult even though you missed him terribly! I DREAD the day I have to leave mine home!
(Also, I'm having a crown put on tomorrow -- only my second, but once again, I will think of your bad luck with yours when you come to Orlando -- hoping nothing like that happens again this time!)

What a great start! A few bumps but overall you are ready for a fantastic trip. So excited to read all about your adventures!

Maria :upsidedow

What a nice surprise to start your trip, RPR really does it right.

I feel the same way as you when I take off on the plane without one of my kids and during the trip I'll think about how much the missing one would enjoy whatever we're doing at the time...part of being a mom I guess.

One of these days I will make it to Orchid's for the sushi, we should meet up there on our next trip since we missed you this time :scratchin

Great start Carole...keep up the good work:thumbsup2

Thanks Vicki.........yep,being a mum is the best thing ever, but hard at times like that.........yep RPR is just the best! Have you eaten in Orchids before.......I forget.........

Joining in...Just finished reading your last report. Looking forward to this one as we're staying at the RPR in December.

:welcome: starousse............glad to have you here..........hope you enjoy it......I always like reading folks trips reports too before a trip........definitely adds to excitement..........December is just around the corner now, somwont be long..........

Oh how I love that sushi as well! Thank you for getting me hungry:love:
(Except I'm a total wimp when it comes to spicy.)

Cannot wait to eat there in November!

The Mexican one is probably the most spicy one they have.......the dynamite is quite tame actually.......not hot at all......but they have loads of choices.......you'll love it I'm sure!

Yeah! Carole glad you have started your trippie I' am along for the ride. I always love reading your reports.

You and Tom look so happy in your photos and you are both very photogenic.

I always set off the alarms do to my knee replacements. Then they want to take me aside and do the full body pat down. First time was mortified now not so much.

Looking forward to your next installment :)

:welcome: Robo..........thank you forth lovely compliments.......you always know how to say the right things.........:) Yes, first time being patted down I thought oh heck what have I done........now it's just routine and I expect it........but as far as I'm aware no metal in me...........I hope! Hope you enjoy this one too........

I was having an incredibly bad day, so it was SO NICE to see this report and get to spend a few minutes with you. :) So sorry about your friend. Having lost my two best friends way too young (one was to cancer -- the other was an awful, sudden death as well), I understand the pain. But, I feel confident you're right -- she would've wanted you to have a fantastic trip! One of these friends once told me, like John Lennon, she would send me a white feather as a sign. I'd been waiting for that sign for 27 years (there's more to this story, but I don't want to get everyone WAY DOWN!). Then, on our last vacation, my son and I found a FIELD of white feathers. My 9-year-old son picked one up and said, "THIS one. This one needs to come with us and is from Sarah." He brought it with us everywhere and is now with a jacket she left me. I hope your friend sends you a sign as well. <3 Also, having an only son myself, I know yours probably had a great time being a young adult even though you missed him terribly! I DREAD the day I have to leave mine home!
(Also, I'm having a crown put on tomorrow -- only my second, but once again, I will think of your bad luck with yours when you come to Orlando -- hoping nothing like that happens again this time!)

:welcome: angryduck. Nice to have you here too..........really hope you like this one too.........

What a lovely story about your friend. Yes there always is more to a story isn't there........:hug: glad you got your sign eventually. And how lovely your son picked it up.
My friend only got a few weeks after diagnosis, she hadn't been well for a couple of months though, it was missed and too late (in this day and age). I got to be with her by her hospital bedside four days leading up to her passing which helped. And weirdly the week before when she finally told us she was ill, not that she was dying, we spent one fun afternoon while she had chemo......sounds odd but it was the last day she had outside and could laugh. Anyway, I immediately looked for a sign after she passed,........I expected something like the sky opening up........lol..........but one day, out of the blue in our sitting room on the chair she always sat in was a feather. One single white feather.

Yes make the most of your son while he's young........all of a sudden they've graduated and you're like.......whaaat!!! Where did the time go.........lol........

Oh good luck with the crown tomorrow.........I wish you well with that.........:thumbsup2

What a great start! A few bumps but overall you are ready for a fantastic trip. So excited to read all about your adventures!

Maria :upsidedow

:welcome: Maria...........lovely to see you here...........Thank you so much, hope I can keep you entertained for a bit and it doesn't drag on........as I said earlier I can ramble on a bit............but hope you enjoy it........:)

Yay, I've been waiting for your report! I always come out of lurkdom for your report and just a couple others.

As for being long-winded? The longer the better is what I say, when it comes to Schumgirl trip reports!

Yay, I've been waiting for your report! I always come out of lurkdom for your report and just a couple others.

As for being long-winded? The longer the better is what I say, when it comes to Schumgirl trip reports!

:welcome: And :welcome: again for coming out of lurkdom...........:D

Giving me permission to ramble even more may be a mistake........lol......... but I really hope you enjoy this one as well...........nice to have you along too..........:)

But, this was the best point......we had everything in front of us......18 nights at our favourite hotel and hopefully some excellent hot weather.

Love that feeling. For me, the very best moment is when we are in the hotel lobby... getting checked in, getting our EPs.... the magic is just beginning at that moment and we have a whole trip's worth of fun coming up. Love it.

I'm SO glad you're back with your latest TR! Yours are always a joy to read! :-)

:welcome: angryduck. Nice to have you here too..........really hope you like this one too.........

What a lovely story about your friend. Yes there always is more to a story isn't there........:hug: glad you got your sign eventually. And how lovely your son picked it up.
My friend only got a few weeks after diagnosis, she hadn't been well for a couple of months though, it was missed and too late (in this day and age). I got to be with her by her hospital bedside four days leading up to her passing which helped. And weirdly the week before when she finally told us she was ill, not that she was dying, we spent one fun afternoon while she had chemo......sounds odd but it was the last day she had outside and could laugh. Anyway, I immediately looked for a sign after she passed,........I expected something like the sky opening up........lol..........but one day, out of the blue in our sitting room on the chair she always sat in was a feather. One single white feather.

Yes make the most of your son while he's young........all of a sudden they've graduated and you're like.......whaaat!!! Where did the time go.........lol........

Oh good luck with the crown tomorrow.........I wish you well with that.........:thumbsup2

And now something is in my eye... ;) <3

Hurrah! So pleased to see you've started your report. I've been watching and waiting! Yours are my favourites. I think because of your dining choices and that you both always seem to enjoy yourselves so much.

I have been checking this board for days to see when you'd get started!!! I've read all of your reports and loved them. (I never discovered them until after you finished, so I'd get to read the whole thing at once!) I love the way you and Tom "do" Orlando. It really is one of my favorite cities in the US, too. So much to do and see and enjoy.
RPR is one of my favorite hotels ever. So beautiful and so convenient. Looking forward to more!

Love that feeling. For me, the very best moment is when we are in the hotel lobby... getting checked in, getting our EPs.... the magic is just beginning at that moment and we have a whole trip's worth of fun coming up. Love it.

I'm SO glad you're back with your latest TR! Yours are always a joy to read! :-)

:welcome: snoopboop..........yep, that first walk in always makes me emotional........it`s still all in front of us......thank you for the compliment, hope this one is enjoyable too.......

And now something is in my eye... ;) <3

:hug:

Hurrah! So pleased to see you've started your report. I've been watching and waiting! Yours are my favourites. I think because of your dining choices and that you both always seem to enjoy yourselves so much.

:welcome: Dynamoliz...........Thank you so much!!! We probably didn't venture around as much as we normally do this time, but still some nice food!! And yep, we love every second........nice to have you along........

I have been checking this board for days to see when you'd get started!!! I've read all of your reports and loved them. (I never discovered them until after you finished, so I'd get to read the whole thing at once!) I love the way you and Tom "do" Orlando. It really is one of my favorite cities in the US, too. So much to do and see and enjoy.
RPR is one of my favorite hotels ever. So beautiful and so convenient. Looking forward to more!

:welcome: Wow...thank you so much......its so nice to hear you've enjoyed the trip reports.......yep, we adore the RPR.......can you tell......:D.......nice you've joined along.......

:welcome: :wave2: Hope you`re going to share that popcorn :laughing: and of course hope you enjoy reading.......

that sushi looks 'lush':D

Better late than never to the partee, looking forward to another good read.

Never realized what an adventure you have just getting to Orlando, you are quite the pair of intrepid travelers

We enjoy having a room overlooking runway @ airport too. That is the nicest Radisson I've seen, but you never know when Charlie Sheen is going to pop up in a random bedroom lol:duck::joker:.

PS - said it before, but Tom seriously needs to start a school for romantically-challenged husbands!

FRIDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER

If you've read any of my trip reports before you`ll know we never plan anything except meetings with friends. Everything else goes with the flow and I never do a trip report that goes on for months.......not my style at all.......our trip falls into place however it falls. We do however spend all year at most points going through menu`s, looking at all our pictures and generally thinking what a fabulous time we`ll have on our next trip. So we are tremendously excited about our trips, I just don't have a huge list of to do things before we go. After my last report I got a pm asking why I don't give the cost of everything. Well, I just don't. It`s not the reason I do trip reports, to document what we spend. To be honest it might scare me.......lol........but it`s our main vacation of the year and whatever it costs is fine by us.

We slept well. Not great, as I think the first night of a strange bed always causes a bit of restlessness sometimes. They are however very comfortable and at one point I got up and opened the drapes as I thought if I was awake I might as well be looking at something. Seeing everything still and lit up is very pretty. Doom was so purple, I liked it! I eventually got up and got some water from the fridge, we hadn't shopped yet, so it was just what the hotel had put in. At some point or other I drifted back off to sleep, and hoped it would be at least 7am before we woke up. We never sleep late on a trip, we sometimes plan to, but it never happens.

We did have plans this morning. Our first plan of the day was to meet a friend in Orchids for breakfast. She wasn't staying at RPR but this was her last morning in Orlando, she had been here for 5 days and she had said she would come see us. We all know our friends so well......and this one is well known for being reluctant to part with money shall we say........she knows it, we all now it.....and can laugh about it with her......so when she agreed to pay the parking fee to come see us, I was surprised. Really surprised.

Anyway, we got up and had our showers and were downstairs by 7.45. She was already there and already complaining about the cost of everything........told her to stop moaning we would buy her breakfast.......she is funny though. But after a while it`s exhausting.........but we had a nice breakfast........I think we all had pastries and coffee. She had never been in RP before so she wanted to wander a little.......so we showed her around and she reluctantly agreed she could understand why we stayed there. She didn't stay long as she had a midday flight back home, she`s in the USA now.

We said our goodbyes and we were heading off to Walmart. Our first job is to buy sunscreen, water and Pepperidge farm cookies, preferably Dulce de Leche........Love them! And Tom wanted new trainers. The ones he had bought in Walmart previous year had been excellent on his feet, so he wanted another pair. I like to pick up little things if I see them.....we also needed baseball caps. Surely we would get them there.

It only takes a few minutes to drive to Walmart on Turkey Lake Road........it`s a huge store and we know it like the back of our hand now. Tom drives this morning........I don't feel like driving today, we step outside and its boiling hot.....its only around 9.30am.......wow......we love the heat and this is one thing we look forward to every year, but even for us this year was blazing hot! On the drive we see this............

i-q6Zzvtm-XL.jpg

i-FsmWtVC-XL.jpg

i-jSbpTGR-XL.jpg

i-xfbgTBM-XL.jpg

i-VCnk2Wb-XL.jpg

The new waterpark Volcano bay is well on in it`s construction.........I`m always amazed how much they can fit in to what looks like a small space. We don't go to Waterparks ever, but I will definitely come and look at this one completed.

In Walmart, we picked up everything we needed and more possibly, I also got a new pair of Hair Straighteners to use over here......the older pair I had kept losing power, so time for new ones........well it is a birthday present.......lol.....Tom got his trainers and we pay and head back out to what feels like the face of the sun! But, we enjoy it anyways......

The Orlando Eye was taken from the Walmart car park. It looked so close.

i-JLMXjPK-XL.jpg

We drive back into the car park and take the stuff we have bought to our room, the lady has been in already so we put a little sunblock on and head back out........we feel like a mall today, its hot and we need to take it easy as we have HHN tonight.........we do feel a little tired today, tired is probably the wrong word......you know when your head feels a little fuzzy due to lack of sleep........anyway, we head to The Florida Mall. This is my least or was my least favourite Mall.......I always joked there were too many tourists!!!! But they have improved it immensely the last couple of years......it used to be dull when you went in, now its light, airy and has a decent food court.

i-jtnhzZB-XL.jpg

i-rd93bSN-XL.jpg

i-BPb2HCW-XL.jpg

i-XXHkp8G-XL.jpg

We decide to eat there after having a real wander around, we both had noodles, bourbon chicken and orange chicken, it was rather nice, but a little salty.......couldn't believe the queue in the Apple store.......for a phone! Anyway, just wandered and looked in a few stores, particularly Brookstones and Macy. Although the Macy here doesn't have as nice a feel as the one at Mall at Millenia. We went for the Chinese option after speaking to them. I am allergic to MSG among other things, but that's the one I worry about the most with Chinese in the States. I honesty cant remember what we had, but it was nice. I think I had orange chicken and noodles.......but after we ate we left and headed to Total Wine near Millenia.

We wanted to buy a gift for someone, so we quickly went in and got what we needed, then back to hotel.

It was at this point I was approached by a man, who asked if I was schumigirl........I smiled and said yes......it was the poster slford00..... he was here with his wife who was just lovely......and other family members for a visit without the children for HHN........We had a lovely chat and enjoyed hearing about their plans........we did meet them again at HHN and again had a nice chat.........I love when folks approach me to chat when they know me from here.....they were a lovely couple.

We went and asked at the desk if our friend was around and was told SF, so we decided to walk over there........it doesn't take long if you go through the Conference and Ballroom areas.........it is kinda creepy back there though......no one around and massive open corridors......I spooked myself by doing the kids voice from the Shining and saying "redrum redrum"........lol.....its bad when you spook yourself! Although that area does remind me a little of The Shining..........if a kid on a little trike had appeared I would have passed out!!

i-hjLfmc3-XL.jpg

i-g3qJ6bq-XL.jpg

It`s like this a lot of the way there.........but, our first view of SF is the business centre there too........

i-DjvZDKP-XL.jpg

It really is a beautiful hotel, and the carpet was so bouncy to walk on........we followed the path we had been told to take and we ended up in the main area of check in........

i-MNpXBRv-XL.jpg

i-CVKzLNk-XL.jpg

i-ktQz3nP-XL.jpg

i-ttxR2Wj-XL.jpg

i-R3Hct8q-XL.jpg

We asked if our friend was around and he wasn't. They thought he was at RP. So we headed back to RPR and by a total fluke we bumped into him just before we turned to go out of the business centre area at RP. It was just the weirdest coincidence in a hotel, or 2 hotels this size we should both meet at that point at that time. We were over the moon to see him. He was heading to a meeting, so he said he would call us when he was done. We were going to our room anyway to have a chill out.

When he called us he asked if we would like a tour of Sf. So, as we had only seen a tiny bit of it we were over the moon to go see more of it. So we headed back over to SF and met him in the lobby. I wont post the pics again as most of them are in the new Sapphire Falls thread that's been created in the hotel stickies. But we saw the Kids suite, Sapphire Suite and the exceptionally beautiful Presidential Suite. The pictures really don't do it justice. Stunning rooms.

But, we loved the hotel........the rooms, the pool area, restaurants all the little features involved in the design all add to a very beautiful hotel.

i-wXKJPrp-XL.jpg

There are more pictures in future visits to SF further on, but for today we had spent a good couple of hours being shown around.........we were then given the chance to stay for a couple of nights if we wished, well, we definitely would like to do that. So it was arranged at that point we would stay our last 2 nights there. We were incredibly grateful to him for organising this for us. This however would change slightly.........

At that point we said our goodbyes and thanked him for the tour, we did appreciate it.

We then walked back and I did like this bit where it goes over the road........

i-dcP2krC-XL.jpg

But we went back to our room and Skyped Kyle........he was doing great and was glad we were having fun already. Told him we were going to HHN tonight and he had forgotten it started so early.......as we had only left two days before he didn't have much to tell........so we said our goodbyes and got showered before going up to the lounge.

Walking in to the lounge is lovely. Especially tonight when it wasn't so busy......there was one young lady we recognised from last year Lyanne, she was just lovely. But, the rest of the staff were new to us. We got our glass of wine and sat by the window and just glanced out.

i-8sTdVNP-XL.jpg

i-XrRVmwB-XL.jpg

We see that the hot option tonight is macaroni cheese casserole.......we usually don't eat the hot option but this looked nice and we did feel hungry right now. So we each had a plate with some salad........and another glass of wine of course.......we did enjoy it.

i-RLFDkDd-XL.jpg

i-GnsdG6z-XL.jpg

i-wHj82RP-XL.jpg

i-s5gJLKk-XL.jpg

Lyanne came over and told us someone who used to be a supervisor in the CL a couple of years ago had called to find out if we were visitng yet this year as he would love to see us again. Mike, is now the supervisor over at PBH.......we were over the moon to know he was back. Lyanne asked if we would like his email, but our emails are a hit and a miss in America so we asked her to find out when we he was working next week and we would go over and visit with him. So she arranged that for us. He is such a nice guy and we got on so well, we were looking forward to meeting with him.

We sat till around 7pm and then decided it was time to do HHN.

Last edited:
that sushi looks 'lush':D

Better late than never to the partee, looking forward to another good read.

Never realized what an adventure you have just getting to Orlando, you are quite the pair of intrepid travelers

We enjoy having a room overlooking runway @ airport too. That is the nicest Radisson I've seen, but you never know when Charlie Sheen is going to pop up in a random bedroom lol:duck::joker:.

PS - said it before, but Tom seriously needs to start a school for romantically-challenged husbands!

:welcome: Janet.........yay.......you`re here......:thumbsup2

Never saw Charlie till I posted.......how`d I miss him!! Yep, nice hotel and beds are huge........even Tom and I, large as we are get lost in them! Yes, its a fair old journey, but worth it ::yes::

Oh I`ll tell him that........you`ll make his day........he is romantic I suppose......:hug:

Glad you've joined along.......

I should say, my pictures may be a bit out of synch at some points........we had 4 cameras during the trip and used them all at various different times.

When we uploaded them all at the end of the day they ended up all over the place and in no order.

So my wonderful son took hours sorting them into some kind of order, but bless him......it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle with no full picture. So if I post some that don't fit that day.........I tried.......::yes::

Eh, don't worry about order of pictures. I love that you post them regardless. Maybe I'll stay at SF one of these days. While I don't use the express pass much, I hate to pass it up. Depending on the price, I may spend a few days at start or end of USO stay. We'll see.

Nice to meet up with those you know. Sorry I missed you this year, but maybe next. That good travel agency has deals for the week before and after I wanted, so I may go at end of September instead of beginning of October. Need to see what flights look like too. And since I missed the mouse's party this year, I may want to do 2 next year.

Follow on. Great pictures and enjoy reading.

Thanks Lynne.........I noticed I was wearing a dress on the wrong day I was posting about.......lol......they really were all over this place.

Next year's dates are not definite yet, so we have to wait a little........thing is I'm itching to book flights right now!! I have no patience, but DH business takes priority over my impatience apparently......:laughing: Who knew.........

Glad you're enjoying reading though :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter