Does anyone Cry when arriving as opposed to departing WDW?

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
I actually get teary-eyed every time I get there. God only knows how I will be when I make the move there permanently in October. ºOº

You are not alone!! I well up when the bus approaches the property. And again when we get to the resort. Sometimes when I get to the room and realize we're "really here". And then the first time I arrive at each one of the parks. And, of course, the first time I see The Castle.

Hmmm --- I guess I'd better go buy some more tissues. :lmao:

Oh, and yes, I cry when I'm leaving as well!!! :sad2:

oh THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this thread, i've been so embarrased ever since the last time I went to disney and walked into the MK and "happend upon" the Dreams come true show. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and in our mickey/minnie bridal ears in the beautiful sun shining down on us and all those happy people and watching the show and we were in tears THE WHOLE TIME!

SO glad i'm not alone:hug:

I definately cry when we get there!!! I also cry when I listen to my wishes CD, and my Happiest Celebration CD:rolleyes1 . Can we get the picture here:rotfl:

Please...I can't stop crying NOW when I think about my upcoming trip...I can't imagine what a mess I will be during the trip! LOL

i feel like im going to burst with happiness when i get to wdw , and at every fireworks show, fantasmic etc i cry buckets!!
cry when i meet mickey, parades, MNSSHP........ the list goes on and on...

i am the milk white pasty 41 year old scottish girl crying like a big eejit!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheryl

so you are not alone....................

I KNOW I will be really crying when I get there. I was choking back the tears when I watched the Disney Planning DVD with my DS!!

So I warned him I will be crying like a baby when we get there.

Steph

Oh my gosh....It doesn't matter with whom I am traveling, I get a little teary entering the MK for the first time during a trip. I think I have a flashback to DD's first trip in 1976 (she was 2) :goodvibes When we approached the entrance she saw Mickey. She broke away from her father and I and went running towards Mickey yelling "Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse, I'm here!! I'm here!!" ::MickeyMo It was truly a Kodak moment :flower1:

My upcoming trip will include DD (now all grown up), DSIL (a WDW virgin), 4 yr old DGS (his 2nd trip) and DGD, age 1, whose birthday we will celebrate with all the other princesses ;)

OMG I always do. Its so emotional getting there...Last trip we walked onto main street for the first day and were immediately greeted with singers/ dancers decked out in holiday garb singing holiday songs...I was so happy - cuz we were there with gramy and gramps and were so happy to share the experience with them. Of course your gonna :laughing: cry tears of joy.

When we walked up to check into POP, I burst into tears. I was soo happy. The CM go teary when I explained to her that this was our first time staying on property and that I had never been to Disney as a child. I felt like I had completed a dream that my mom had for us when we were children that she was never able to make come true and I was making it come true for both my DS's, myself and my DH (who had also never experienced Disney as a child). (I need a tissue....:sad: Who knows what I'll do this time when we pull up to the Wilderness Lodge..:scared:

meee i do...everytime I enter the gates for the first time I start to cry!

I had never been to WDW as a child (actually, I had never been on *vacation* as a child), and couldn't WAIT to go with my own kids.

When we arrived, my "plan" was to chill out at the hotel for a while, and then go to Chef Mickeys where we had reservations for dinner.

But DH wanted to go right to the Magic Kingdom as soon as we got there. So I was totally unprepared.

As we walked onto Main Street, the tears just started coming. It was so magical, so incredible, so unlike anyplace I had ever been before. We got the the castle just as a show was beginning, and I bawled through the whole thing.

I was much better the rest of the week - LOL!

You guys are definitely not alone. My DW cries everytime we go. At parades, shows, seeing characters, it doesn't matter. She loves in all. Heck, I even get a little teary eyed during wishes. :rolleyes1

She also a a good cry after our Princess encounter at Toontown in May. When we went, we were celebrating our anniversary (10yrs :) ) Anyway, we decided to hit toontown to try and get a photo with Belle in her gown. When it was our turn, we were taken in and greated by Snow White at the door, and we were the only ones in there. we got multiple pictures with Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle. We pretty much had a private session. Then we were able to get this:

Disney200700546.jpg

It was awesome and so Magical. My DW couldn't have been happier. She almost made me cry. :sad:

I actually get teary-eyed every time I get there. God only knows how I will be when I make the move there permanently in October. ºOº

I fully expect my 51-yo wife to break out in tears when we get near MK - this is her first trip (and DD23's first also) - both have always wanted to go, but never said anything because they did not think it would ever be a financial reality. I may cry just because of what it means to them.

I cry as soon as I hit the MK and start down Main Street. It is pure magic.

Come to think of it here is my short crying list:

The movie in Animation in MGM, I don't even know if they still play it. Bambi calling for his Mom, Dumbo & his Mom in the cage....
Wishes is always good for a cry.
When they sing Circle of Life at the Lion King in AK
Christmas processional.....crying
The end of The Little Mermaid a must cry....
Parades when you see Mickey & Minnie on a float, that is a tear starter
My new one is if we get back to the room and the Bedtime Story (I think that is what they call it) is still on t.v., what a warm, beautiful way to end your day.

Seems I have real issues.....

WOW,,, I don't know if I should feel bad (in a sad way) or happy (in a "Magical" way). I guess whai I mean is it makes me feel happy knowing that I'm not alone and that I'm not the only one that can shed tears. Even at my age (and I'm an "older kid",,,lol) I grew up watching the "ORIGINAL" MMC.
Thank you all for your responses. ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter