Do you think DW should lower prices on tickets the later you arrive

Nooooooooooo. Can you imagine. I am a rope dropper, stay in all day kind of gal, but with kids, we take the afternoon break sometimes. Come back to a capacity park because of discounted night tickets. No thanks!!!

The whole point of the pricing structure is to get people to buy multi day tickets. If they did choose to sell a (slightly) discounted evening ticket I don't think they would sell too many. I don't think many people buy single day tickets.

The whole point of the pricing structure is to get people to buy multi day tickets. If they did choose to sell a (slightly) discounted evening ticket I don't think they would sell too many. I don't think many people buy single day tickets.

More people buy one day tickets, especially at the gate, than anyone on this board thinks, I guarantee it.

It's not feasible...there'd just be too many moving parts to figure that all out. Just thinking through it in my head is giving me a migraine. Disney makes a lot of money because they can. They don't have to offer "Starlight" tickets because if people want it bad enough, they'll pay a hundo to get in to just watch some fireworks.

We visited Knotts once using such a ticket. It was nice.

I can see why Disney doesn't offer this though. Disney is more of a single destination than most amusement parks. We've even headed to a Disney park after a day at Universal since we had multi-day passes and the price is low for extra days.

I paid half price for a ticket after 6pm on my last trip. (June) I went to the front desk at resort and they said it's cheaper after 2pm and 6pm.

They should charge based on rides.

Like how many rides and which rides, each one cost more. That way if you come later in the day you can pay less cause you pay for less rides. ;)

Disneyland used to have seasonal evening discounted prices to entice the OC locals in. They haven't needed to do that for years and years now.

As other said, with the multi-day tickets, and so many people breaking for pool time, it's hard put a per hour rate on. We used to worry about getting as much park time in, especially whether to go to parks on departure day, but by the time we get to the difference of a 5- or 6-day PH (or more), it becomes less of an issue.

They should charge based on rides.

Like how many rides and which rides, each one cost more. That way if you come later in the day you can pay less cause you pay for less rides. ;)

That's how it worked until the early '80's at DL and WDW. "Admission" was free and you bought ride tickets. It's where the phrase "E ticket" comes from (they were the most expensive).

abcde.jpg

aet891043LARGE.jpg

No. One of the best things about the current pricing structure is that extra days beyond four are about only $20 each. So if you have a late day arriving to the park and add a day, you are already getting a significant discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter