Do you have any Festivals in your town, or nearby?

Here in Tampa we have the Gasparilla Pirate Invasion every February. Think Mardi Gras with a pirate theme and you get the picture! :eek:

parade2.jpg

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/

Well, you've not seen Festivals until you've seen Milwaukee's Summerfest

10 days of music, concerts, shopping, eating - and more importantly, DRINKING.

We have lots more other festivals. I think we're actually called the City of Festivals...

We have the Riverbend Festival. It's a 10 day music festival.

Yes, we have many festivals in and around our city.

Specifically in our city (at least the one we will be living in for the next 45 days until we move to Florida), is the Peanut Festival in October.

In surrounding cities are:
Harborfest
the Strawberry Festival
Chesapeake Jubillee
Af'ram Festival
Cajun Food Festival
Town Park Wine Festival
The Neptune Festival
and I am sure I have left out a few!

You name the occasion, this area will find a reason to have a festival!

Ya'll ain't lived 'til ya'll been to th' Chitlin Strut in Salley, SC.

http://www.chitlinstrut.com/

Yes, it's true! People really do eat deep fried pig intestines! (They taste ok, but they smell amazingly bad when cooking.)

[color=3300ff]I'm sure there are more but the two that really stick out in my mind is Mayfair-by-the-Lake which is an art fair. And the other is the Sun'n Fun Fly-In.[/color]

We used to have the Uranium Festival. Yes that's right..Uranium!! Our town was built on Uranium Mining. All the mines closed at the start of the 90's So recently the name has been changed to the Jewel in the Wilderness Festival to make it sound a little more nice for our now Retirement Community.

Of course it's not the same as the Uranium Festival in it's Hey Day... Talk about a party. Miners, booze and large parties in a city in the middle of the northern Ontario Wilderness, who could ask for anything more. WOOOOHOOOO!!

Have a Disney Day!

Our town has a CornFest because we are known for DeKalb Seed Corn and DelMonte had a plant here at one time.

A town about 45 min south of us also has a Sweet Corn Festival because of the DelMonte plant in the town.

There are many different festivals in the Rochester area, the biggest of which is probably the Lilac Festival. (I hope with our crazy weather that the lilac’s bloom in time for the festival this year!) Some others are:

Corn Hill Festival (Corn Hill is an area of the city; I don't think it has anything to do with corn)
Park Avenue Festival
Rose Festival

There are probably more, perhaps including Harbor (& Carousel?) Festival, but I can’t think of any right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter