Do you have a "theme" to your pin collection?

I collect Minnie, Tinker Bell and ride and park pins from WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. Plus I collect pins from each Disney hotel that I stay in (I wasn't too impressed that when I stayed at the Grand Califonian they didn't have any hotel pins at that time!)

Well... I didn't have a theme when I started out. I just traded or bought my "favorites" like Belle, Tigger, Goofy, Rafiki, Mickey, and I even have CM giraffe pin. I only have one of each. But I've decided to go after collectors pins like the Where dreams come true Tink pins, the magnet pins, and the lollipop pins. So far I have two of each. And I have some memory pins like the year 2008 pin - I graduated from school this year- and a ghostie pin to remember VMK. I have a pink disney princess crown pin and an American mickey pin. I'm thinking in the future I'll go for all Goofy pins.:goodvibes

I have a pirate theme.
I have most of the pirate ones. My prized pins are the pins from 2006 when Pirates of the Caribbean 3 came out and I was there and bought the weekend-only pins for the release of the movie :D

I have a few with Johnny Depp on them. Even my lanyeard is pirate-themed!

I also collect pins from that year.

Also, everytime I ride a new ride that I was scared to ride, I get a pin.
I have splash, everest, space mountain, and test track.

My favorite pin is of a few years back they had pins with your name on it
and it has mickey and friends dressed as tourists on the monorail and it has your name on it.

I am a collector; I've never traded a pin in my life.

I collect Star Wars Weekends pins, as well as any LE Opening Day pins for Narnia and Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't have very many for those collections yet, but one day I will have them all. I don't usually go for the non-LE pins, as they tend to look "cheaper". The non-LE pins I have are usually pins for rides or attractions or the odd one that strikes my fancy (such as the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire Mickey Head pins). I buy what I love and have never wanted to trade a one.

My favorite set is a set I do not trade with. These are the train set of the Seven Dwarfs. I do not have them all. I am LOOKING to collect them all however. I have a second set I trade with when I go to WDW in "looking" for the Dwarfs set...

If I don't find the Dwarfs (train) on any landyard then I look for hidden mickey's or special commemorative pins (year of a million dreams - I have the complete set through trading).

Then I have those pins I actually bought while down there in WDW. They represent one for each ride or one for each Park.

In any case, I find pin trading HIGHLY addictive BUT FUN!

-T

My theme, I suppose, can be summarized as Disney history.

I collect retired rides and attractions pins, as well as interesting commemorative pins (Epcot 25, 100 years of magic etc).

I'm starting a Port Orleans/Dixie Landings collection, which should be fun.

I have a general collection to of Donald and Disney ducks but I'm not so sure anymore. I might trade some Donalds for hidden mickey sets or rarer Donald pins.

I like collecting pins that have a small number of different pins. That way you can get them all and move on to something else. I find it gives a little more purpose, plus small sets tend to be harder to find.

I am not a seasoned pro but I decided that my collection was going to be only one full body view of each character. Meaning I don't collect head shots, two characters in one pin, etc. It is fun looking for just the right pin of each character.

I collect the following characters:
Dumbo
Bambi
Pluto
Figaro
& my df collects
Chip & Dale

We do own quite a few other characters but they re the main characters we always look out for:thumbsup2

First off, I will only buy about one pin per trip. The rest are traded for.
DS5 likes Haunted Mansion and Nightmare before Christmas pins. In Sepotmeber, it was all Buzz Lightyear pns, but they went away when he started finding Jack Skellington pins!

DD6 has no rhyme or reason to her collection. She has baby princesses, cuties, figments, pretty much whatever catches her eyes.

Me, I don't trade for value. I don't really care if a pin is a LE, a CM exclusive or a rack pin, if it I like it. I like the Americana pins, the Mickey Bears, and the bejeweled ones. I don't get too "into" the CM pins, but in Sept I had to have all of the rear-view mirror pins, and it took the entire week to get them all!

My DW and I love to cruise on DCL so 90% of my collection is cruise line

I do have some other stuff that i got jsut because I liked it but I try to stick to DCL stuff or I would go crazy:scared:

I like collecting pins of all 11 theme parks. The one's that i've decided not to get yet are: Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios(i have Disney-MGM, one that has Earful Tower as the icon, not Sorcerer's Hat), and Disney's Animal Kingdom, only because i can get those anytime. I had them at one time but decided to trade them for more rare pins, such as the Tokyo and Euro Disney pins. But the ones that im really looking for right now are: Disney's California Adventure, Hong Kong Disneyland (i saw this one on another cast members lanyard one time but could not get it because i was in costume, and i never saw it again:( ), and Walt Disney Studios

The ones that i do have are: Magic Kingdom(a special cast only pin i got when i was working there), Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Disneyland Paris (i also have two pins referring to Disneyland Paris as Euro Disney), and Disney-MGM Studios.

A few others that i have are both limited edition Year of a Million Dreams pins (the ones that were given out by the Dream Squad), one with Mickey and Minnie and the other with Donald and Goofy.

I enjoy Goofy, and try to get pins for places I been or things i've seen, like parade pins, rides I been on, Resort I stayed at, if I am there for Halloween I get a Halloween pin. Try to get pins to remember things I've done or seen to look back at when I get home.

I collect Mickey, Mickey & Minnie paired pins (like the Mickey handing Minnie a trading pin), Mickey ears pins, and holidays/special events with Mickey. My DS 13 collects Chip & Dale and Winnie the Pooh & friends. HOWEVER... after spending several hundreds of dollars over the last year, and making two trips to Disney without kids and trading my way through the parks, I have reluctantly decided to give up trading. I just recently sold a whole bunch of my pins on e-bay (to finance our next trip in March), and I'm afraid I'm going to have trading withdrawal when we go next month! My son will still be trading -- I'm giving him all my left-over traders so I'm not tempted. I'm sure I'll still buy a couple to add to my collection (I still have many more than I sold, and I'm keeping those), but I'm really going to have to restrain myself.

Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter