DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating whether to bother booking but I'm out of state so not sure if I want to get my hopes up. I was planning WDW again anyways for summer but DL is my 'home' park and would definitely be my first choice. I guess could have a reservation hanging out and cancel it if things don't look optimistic? So frustrating! Like even in yellow... no out of state visitors? But yet anyone can hop on a plane, go to California, and head to the beach. Being in Colorado we're not far away and I know plenty of people that traveled to CA this summer to just enjoy the outdoors. Doesn't seem fair to target one specific business and no one else. And with capacity restrictions anyways the resort is not going to be overwhelmed with out of state guests. Many people may still prefer WDW at first anyways, especially if indoor rides are partially restricted.

Do you think Disney will try to open in red with 15% capacity and no indoor rides (that is most of the rides in the park) or wait for orange. I don't think orange is that far off, honestly. Orange county should be able to reach the orange tier sometime in April.

Last edited:
And yet, I've come from Arizona to DtD twice, and did BVS the second time, and I'm going to Touch of Disney next month and there are no out-of-state restrictions on that. How does the fact that I don't live in California matter even a little bit?
Right? I’m in AZ too and our city parks were shut down because so many California sports teams were coming for our tournaments. Sea World is advertising on my FB specifically to AZ residents constantly. So when their rides reopen.... do you have to show CA ID to go on them but you can do the zoo parts without it?

Do you think Disney will try to open in red with 15% capacity and no indoor rides (that is most of the rides in the park) or wait for orange. I don't think orange is that far off, honestly. Orange county should be able to reach the orange tier sometime in April.
I think they’ll wait for Orange, Especially with the festival staring. They may target a date (May 1 maybe?) with the hopes/plan for orange by then.

I have the Grand Californian (DVC) booked for August. Slightly worried about ticket availability though. How do you all think tickets will be made available? There is going to be a lot of pent up demand. Personally I think it will be some combo of hotel packages and more expensive park tickets.

I have the Grand Californian (DVC) booked for August. Slightly worried about ticket availability though. How do you all think tickets will be made available? There is going to be a lot of pent up demand. Personally I think it will be some combo of hotel packages and more expensive park tickets.
I hope Hotel guests get priority. I actually have 2 tickets, just need two more. But then really I may as we’ll need 4!🤣

This is not great news for us. Rented VGC for last July...rebooked for this July. We are from out of state. I wonder how that's going to work.

I hope Hotel guests get priority. I actually have 2 tickets, just need two more. But then really I may as we’ll need 4!🤣
That's my hope too, which is why I'm hoping to switch to onsite when they allow reservations. I have our tickets, but will need 2 for my parents, so I hope I can do that.

Me too. I plan to get rooms as soon as I know the opening dates. We have been saving up just to do that, so I hope we are able to get rooms and reservations close to opening day whenever that is.
It really can't be soon enough.

I could see Disney expanding the dining events to include a few outdoor rides until they can open with less restrictions. 15% with no indoor activities and no out of state guests seems too restrictive.

I was going to try to book the Grand for mid November (or possibly push to Christmas) but coming from Canada I thought my biggest issue would be the border/quarantine at home. Now it might be not getting into Disney because I'm not from Cali :( :sad:

I was going to try to book the Grand for mid November (or possibly push to Christmas) but coming from Canada I thought my biggest issue would be the border/quarantine at home. Now it might be not getting into Disney because I'm not from Cali :( :sad:
I wouldn’t lose hope just yet. November/December is a long way off. Hopefully by then most people are vaccinated and there won’t be so many restrictions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter