• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be doing a short stay at WL in mid Oct. We have tickets for Epcot, but not MK.

Aside from our balcony, is there any public place at WL that's best for viewing the MK fireworks?

And also, if we were to take the boat from WL to the MK dock, then walk up to the area before the entrance (past the monorail tracks) is that a decent place to watch the MK fireworks if you're not entering the park?
You can see the fireworks from the shore in front of Geyser Point. The music is piped in there. There is a fantastic view of the fireworks from the hallway windows that are closest to the Roaring Forks elevator. The fourth and fifth floors are especially nice. You can see the entire castle. But they don't pipe in the music.

You can also take the boat to MK and then the walking path to Grand Floridian. The path begins right next to the WL boat dock and it ends in front of Gasparilla's, which has a fantastic view and piped in music. It is a short walk, about 1/2 mile, to the GF. :) The plus side is that you can pick up a snack while you watch the fireworks. :)

We'll be doing a short stay at WL in mid Oct. We have tickets for Epcot, but not MK.

Aside from our balcony, is there any public place at WL that's best for viewing the MK fireworks?

And also, if we were to take the boat from WL to the MK dock, then walk up to the area before the entrance (past the monorail tracks) is that a decent place to watch the MK fireworks if you're not entering the park?
You can see the fireworks from the shore in front of Geyser Point. The music is piped in there. There is a fantastic view of the fireworks from the hallway windows that are closest to the Roaring Forks elevator. The fourth and fifth floors are especially nice. You can see the entire castle. But they don't pipe in the music.

You can also take the boat to MK and then the walking path to Grand Floridian. The path begins right next to the WL boat dock and it ends in front of Gasparilla's, which has a fantastic view and piped in music. It is a short walk, about 1/2 mile, to the GF. :) The plus side is that you can pick up a snack while you watch the fireworks. :)

Just adding pictures to go along with Wood Nymphs reply for a visual …

Geyser Point View (you can also see the EWP from there too):

D77CB8B4-100E-4BE3-A7A5-B2880FB3A802.jpeg

F05A4F2F-F397-4AC2-B376-C7B957E64A3C.jpeg

A6F4D355-7DA6-40FA-BDE5-0494DEEAC6A1.jpeg

734440CA-7AB4-4F86-91B1-5168661C237C.jpeg

And these are some photos from Gaspy’s…

2530B226-6CD0-4EF7-88E4-18BFAFB99FE2.jpeg

954C9D01-75FB-4E29-8421-3D631C24BB54.jpeg

8A447221-A5C1-47CE-89D6-4E2334FC4773.jpeg
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Heading back to the WL in December using ME and likely will be there mid to late morning, anyone know if we can still check our bags when we arrive at the lodge, while we go do other things until our room is available? Thanks

Sure you can drop your bags at Bell Services anytime.

Just a note they may be quite busy since check out time is 11 AM so consider it may take a little more time in the late morning to drop your bags.

Dave

Adding the September recreation calendar in case anyone's interested! View attachment 604700

A little behind here, but I really like WL’s current recreation calendar. Everything is daily, including the campfire and movies. Most other places are alternating days for various offerings. For guests like us who are often doing 2-5 nights, daily activities really come in handy.

Thanks for sharing.

We are checking into the Wilderness Lodge on Sunday. We haven't stayed here since August, 2019. I can't wait to see the remodeled resort rooms. :)

Let me know if you have anything you want me to check out when I'm there. :)

I don’t think pictures do the updated rooms justice. They really did a great job on them. They’re so beautiful! Hope you have a great time!

We are checking into the Wilderness Lodge on Sunday. We haven't stayed here since August, 2019. I can't wait to see the remodeled resort rooms. :)

I am at GDT now until next wed. When I had to rebook trip was unable to get WL. GDT is beautiful buses have been fine. Today arrived at AK at 7:45 am and was able to do what we wanted by 11:30 people were pouring in as we left.
Hope you have a wonderful trip.

We arrived at the WL yesterday around 11am and were very happy to find that our room was ready. I love the location and will update with info after we check out.

They have improved the area around the geyser and it looks more like a real geyser basin now. They have removed a lot of the shrubs and trees around the geyser and Geyser Point (GP). We had a nice lunch there yesterday. The tall bushes that were blocking the view of Bay Lake at Geyser Point have been replaced with very low shrubs. You can now enjoy the view of Bay Lake from the restaurant.

I watched the MK fireworks from the shore by GP and they improved the sound system, so now you can hear the music that accompanies the fireworks.

I have to update about our room location at BRV. It was truly awful. It was at the end of a very long hall. The view was hands down the worst I’ve ever had at Disney. It overlooked the service entrance winch is where the dirty linen carts are stored. That being said, the staff at WL more than made up for the room shortcomings. My dd wasn’t feeling well and they were able to get us a room early. They really went above and beyond making sure she was well. Fantastic CM’s!
C64423BA-BFDD-4EE6-8E95-A7AAA82C343F.jpeg1FD7A635-F9AB-4EDB-9838-C6677BE67BE8.jpeg1F3706A9-22C6-4600-8795-FE828F222777.jpegE7C56A17-C93D-4A1E-9318-4EEC65A0F90E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter