Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be they are clearing a block of rooms for a convention or business group. Does your reservation happen to run into the week of Oct. 16th?

That would be the week of the Gartner IT Conference at the Swan & Dolphin and with guests staying at all the various resorts and GDT is priced right for business.

Dave
Yup. Oct 13-25

Alright, I finally had time and called this morning...

They are offering to switch us to a Contemporary Report Garden Wing Garden View for our stay. It's totally up to us whether we want to make that switch or not - they are not requiring us to move, they just asked if we'd be interested in switching resorts. We just have to let them know.

I told them I'd have to think about it and call back.

I'm not sure if you have any bargaining power on that phone call, as I've never gotten one... but I'd ask them for a Theme Park View in the main Contemporary tower. Garden View is not worth the switch, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if you have any bargaining power on that phone call, as I've never gotten one... but I'd ask them for a Theme Park View in the main Contemporary tower. Garden View is not worth the switch, in my opinion.
Agree with this 1000% There would be no way I would switch to a garden wing/garden view at the Contemporary, but if I was given something in the main tower I might.

Still no word on the boat service to CR returning? We are staying during Marathon week... being able to take a boat over to CR for the monorail to EPCOT is going to be huge.

Still no word on the boat service to CR returning? We are staying during Marathon week... being able to take a boat over to CR for the monorail to EPCOT is going to be huge.
I hope the resort boat returns soon, too. Maybe they are waiting until Hoop Dee Doo and Artist Point reopen until they start the resort route again.

Oh no I hope they are not closing again 😳

I hope not either! I was assuming that it was sold out from checking over the last few months and it wasn’t even an option to book! This is my son’s first trip to Disney and my husband isn’t sold on Disney to begin with but we love the National Parks feel, so that sold him on the trip.

I booked through a TA. I need to cut one day off our vacation, but my TA is on vacation. I went on to WDW's website just to get an idea of how much I was going to save, and couldn't. It looks like it is sold out. I can't do a dummy trip for the entire month of December 2021 to get a cost idea. Our trip isn't until December, but I spot checked a few weeks in November as well - and no availability. I came here (the resort board) to see if anything known was going on. . . like work, shut down, just not 100% open, or what.

Surely the resort can't be 100% sold out. . .unless of course it was not 100% opened?

Wilderness Lodge does book up for Christmas. That includes November when the Christmas decorations go up. This year you have the added visitors to the 50th. I don't doubt that it's 100% sold out. People buy DVC points there so they can go during that high demand timeframe.

Wilderness Lodge does book up for Christmas. That includes November when the Christmas decorations go up. This year you have the added visitors to the 50th. I don't doubt that it's 100% sold out. People buy DVC points there so they can go during that high demand timeframe.

Thanks. That does make me feel better.

I have a courtyard view - and need to end our stay one day early. I started to worry about cancelling that day and finding out we need to move elsewhere.

Nice! We love WL at Christmas. It's a special place made even more special with Christmas decorations. If you love the decorations, be sure to walk over to the DVC building adjacent to the lodge-there's a walkway past the bus stop- and see the tree there, too. Enjoy your trip!

The running / walking trail may never reopen. It was closed when construction started for the New DVC on Bay lake; Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge.

Reflections was halted / cancelled or a number of reasons but they never restored the trail.

Dave

I’m trying to add a night on to our “Studio w/walk in shower” reservation and it’s not available but if I change my reservation to a “Studio” I can add 2 more days to reservation. Not long ago someone posted a photo of a studio with a little tiny bathroom with a climb in tub which would never work for us. So do the studios just have tubs and no shower or the traditional tub/shower combo?

I’m trying to add a night on to our “Studio w/walk in shower” reservation and it’s not available but if I change my reservation to a “Studio” I can add 2 more days to reservation. Not long ago someone posted a photo of a studio with a little tiny bathroom with a climb in tub which would never work for us. So do the studios just have tubs and no shower or the traditional tub/shower combo?
I know the Copper Creek studio has the tub and shower combo. You can go on YouTube and there are a lot of videos.
If you did book 2 nights at a studio with a tub and also a room with a walk in shower you would have to change rooms. They are two separate types of rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter