Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our way to the Airport..... Boulder Ridge Villa's for a week then the Poly! Had Touringplans fax over a room request so i'll let you know how it goes! Planning on some cool HD walk throughs and maybe an article or two so any requests just let me know!

Wow have a fantastic trip! It's always so exciting to be going down to WDW! Yes, let us know what kind of room you got! (I did Touringplans fax last summer and got a great room over at Boardwalk). And if you have time send us at home a few pictures at WL - so we can travel vicariously through you :P

If you get a chance to check out;

1. Is there a community hall - last month there was a picture posted of what looked like one - but the sign said cast members only.

2. If you eat at roaring forks do they have a flatbread of the day and are the flatbreads still as good as they were before the rehab of RF?

Thanks so much and best wishes for a fantastic trip! :flower1::stitch:

Wow have a fantastic trip! It's always so exciting to be going down to WDW! Yes, let us know what kind of room you got! (I did Touringplans fax last summer and got a great room over at Boardwalk). And if you have time send us at home a few pictures at WL - so we can travel vicariously through you :P

If you get a chance to check out;

1. Is there a community hall - last month there was a picture posted of what looked like one - but the sign said cast members only.

2. If you eat at roaring forks do they have a flatbread of the day and are the flatbreads still as good as they were before the rehab of RF?

Thanks so much and best wishes for a fantastic trip! :flower1::stitch:

Thank's, I'll add a few photo's as we go along. Took some good video footage of Mine Train today and some general 'around MK' footage that i'll play with when i get home. Loving the WLV's as usual. I will say I am a little concerned about moving to the Poly for the 2nd week based upon the length of lines for the monorail and the Ferry! Conversely, the boat line for the Wilderness Lodge has never been more than 1 boat away even at closing which we experienced tonight!

20170728_220937_zps8kzx982q.jpg

20170728_211630_zpsf2kqx7ux.jpg

20170728_211242_zpsju7vnx8o.jpg

20170728_192124_zpsb3y8eidc.jpg

20170728_112920_zpsoxyorxk6.jpg

Thank's, I'll add a few photo's as we go along. Took some good video footage of Mine Train today and some general 'around MK' footage that i'll play with when i get home. Loving the WLV's as usual. I will say I am a little concerned about moving to the Poly for the 2nd week based upon the length of lines for the monorail and the Ferry! Conversely, the boat line for the Wilderness Lodge has never been more than 1 boat away even at closing which we experienced tonight!
So nice to hear! We are heading down in a few days!

Also, how's the crowd level at WL?

We were at WL last September and when we check in (we did online but still did check in at the front desk for pins and a map) we were given a parking tag to place in our car. Do they still do this or is it just on the magic bands now? We plan on using DME for our arrival but we also might end up renting a car mid trip if we decide to visit with our Grandparents who live on the other side of the state.

We've continued to get parking passes on all our stays, even at locations that others report they aren't given any more. I guess I look like someone who still wants them which is good because I do! lol The MB's have long been used to access the gates but the passes are nice because the park lot attendants can just visual look at them and wave you thru rather than having to stop and scan your band.

You all are making me wish we could stay at WL on our trip next year! We are a family of five, and none of the standard rooms will accommodate us. Do they have plans to add a pull down bed to sleep 5 in any of their rooms?

We are staying at the wilderness lodge in August and have a 7am breakfast reservation at chef Mickey. Is taxi our only option? Or does the boat run that early?

The boat to the Contemporary should be there starting at 6:45am. (Walking to the water from the lobby, go to the left.)

Also, how's the crowd level at WL?

The crowd levels are not too bad actually, not quiet by any means but not really anxiety inducing either! With that said, I will say that the early close at 10pm makes for a very congested exit from the parks if you usually stay that long. The line for the TTC Ferry was obnoxiously long! I'll post some pics up once i change over my hosting company. The lines for the monorail were equally large, the TTC line was humongous as you would expect, the resort line was shorter but still relatively long. I am glad we are currently at WLV's as the line for the boat there is the shortest by a big margin. Never had to wait for a 2nd boat since we arrived. We were at AK today to check out Pandora and it was busy but not as busy as I had expected. We were lucky to be there when they had a morning shipment of Baby Banshee's so picked up a couple for the kids!

You all are making me wish we could stay at WL on our trip next year! We are a family of five, and none of the standard rooms will accommodate us. Do they have plans to add a pull down bed to sleep 5 in any of their rooms?

We are a family of 5 too and the studios have the fold out beds, we are in a Boulder Ridge Villa's Studio and there is plenty of room for a family of 5. We booked directly through Disney and not DVC points etc.. and the price was awesome.. we are here for a week then transferring to the Poly for a week!

Woohoo!! Way to plan ahead! I totally get how addictive it can become. I worried if my husband was even going to tolerate Disney last year, and now he's the one pushing for us to take a DVC tour in Nov :rotfl2: Are you staying in AK in 2018? (hoping I'm reading your signature properly) - that's next on our list too! Looking forward to reading how you enjoy it :thumbsup2
So funny! My DH hadn't been in 35 years. He has crowd and anxiety issues so I worried about him making his first trip last month - my boys and I have done multiple trips - and he got hooked! We are in the process of buying a resale DVC contract at WL!

We were at WL last September and when we check in (we did online but still did check in at the front desk for pins and a map) we were given a parking tag to place in our car. Do they still do this or is it just on the magic bands now? We plan on using DME for our arrival but we also might end up renting a car mid trip if we decide to visit with our Grandparents who live on the other side of the state.

We got a parking pass when we stayed at WL in May.

We didn't get one when we stayed at CBR in 2015, so it seems like it's inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter