Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cwoe9J8.jpg

It seems as though the construction isn't that distracting. Is the pool still useable? I am planning on taking my mom and my niece in February and would like to stay here...

I think I read up thread that with the construction all woods view rooms are now standard view when booking. Does this also include former woods view bunk bed bookable category? In other words would I now be able to book a standard room and request a bunk bed (knowing it's still a request) or are the only bunk beds in courtyard bunk bed category and club level category? The description for standard rooms on Disney site does not list bunk beds as option.

I think I read up thread that with the construction all woods view rooms are now standard view when booking. Does this also include former woods view bunk bed bookable category? In other words would I now be able to book a standard room and request a bunk bed (knowing it's still a request) or are the only bunk beds in courtyard bunk bed category and club level category? The description for standard rooms on Disney site does not list bunk beds as option.
There are bunk beds in some of the rooms that were formerly woods view. You can request a bunk bed room when you book standard view. :)

Hello! Have stayed on Club Level many times at WL....going home this November !:smooth: Have always requested bunkbeds, and after first visit we loved our quiet room so much so then I would request that room number AND bunkbeds.....thus hopefully securing bunkbeds which were a must in case that room was not available. This trip? Just DH and I :love2:.....WOOHOO!!! I would always call 5 days out as that is when they actually assign rooms....and request again my preferences....it always has worked! This time I requested a king bed if available, then specifically asked if there were any King beds on the North Wing club level existing....the itinerary person indicated no, but there was one on the other wing and she noted it in case it was available when we visit early November....I found that very interesting....could it possibly be the club level will be finished by that time? :yay:

I prefer a courtyard view....I like to be at the parks to view the fireworks in person, and many times when we came back from other parks we would sit at a large window down hall from current OFL and see them there. I just happen to love the courtyard view and waterfall.:-)

Can someone here confirm one can still sit and view lobby from club level, at least on north wing side? THANKS!:smooth:

There are bunk beds in some of the rooms that were formerly woods view. You can request a bunk bed room when you book standard view. :)

Thank you! One additional question, IF for some reason we do not get our request of bunk beds, is it possible to squeeze a twin aerobed somewhere in the room? (Only 4 of us but boy/girl siblings whose ages don't allow for sharing sleeping spaces.)

Thank you! One additional question, IF for some reason we do not get our request of bunk beds, is it possible to squeeze a twin aerobed somewhere in the room? (Only 4 of us but boy/girl siblings whose ages don't allow for sharing sleeping spaces.)
I think that there would be space near the sliding glass door for a small bed. :)

I've managed to convince my man that I NEED to spend Christmas at Disney World. So December 2017 it is! Booked a courtyard view the first weekend in December (12/2/17-12/6/17) and of course there isn't a hotel prettier at Christmas than the Wilderness Lodge. I have over a year to torture myself but it gives me something to look forward to.

Might be more room in a duo queen bed for a twin aerobed, think the table and chairs are moveable.....might be more space at end of one bed to wall than doorwall....depends on layout. My boys would never agree to sleep in a queen either....so the twin size bunks were awesome. I would definitely call and explain you have a girl/boy dilemma and really do need the bunkbeds....they ALWAYS say they cannot guarantee....but better to toot your horn to get what you desire.....:). I would definitely call and talk to a person in the itinerary planning office of the WL. (Although they did insist the only construction is outside the lodge when I innocently inquired...:rolleyes1)

Can someone here confirm one can still sit and view lobby from club level, at least on north wing side? THANKS!:smooth:

Hello. Unfortunately I can confirm that the current 7th floor does not have public access to the lobby. There is a construction door that closes off the hallway before it reaches the lobby, so you only have a plain hallway from the mid-North wing elevators, past the current OFC location in the old suite, and then down a dead-end hallway of rooms. It would be disappointing to me for sure. To make it worse, I was told you aren't supposed to use the stairwell which would give you access down to the 6th floor, which still connects to the lobby area on the North wing, instead you would have to go back to the elevator, take it to the 6th floor, then walk half way down the wing to get to the lobby on the 6th floor.

Hopefully this situation improves as the construction progresses, but I'm not sure much will change before November.

Hello. Unfortunately I can confirm that the current 7th floor does not have public access to the lobby. There is a construction door that closes off the hallway before it reaches the lobby, so you only have a plain hallway from the mid-North wing elevators, past the current OFC location in the old suite, and then down a dead-end hallway of rooms. It would be disappointing to me for sure. To make it worse, I was told you aren't supposed to use the stairwell which would give you access down to the 6th floor, which still connects to the lobby area on the North wing, instead you would have to go back to the elevator, take it to the 6th floor, then walk half way down the wing to get to the lobby on the 6th floor.

Hopefully this situation improves as the construction progresses, but I'm not sure much will change before November.

Bummer....I really wish I had known earlier when I was going....no discounts for first time EVER thus far and looking dim....that and in many respects I am getting "less" for paying more....o_O Wee chance with all those rooms shut they would open more discounts, but I will continue to hold hope, beg and call......One of my favorite aspects was breakfast overlooking the lobby and listening to the music...but will be fun to be in the Yellowstone Suite and look outside too. Now that you mention it, my favorite room is towards the end of the hall nearer the current OFL.....which used to be the quietest spot, now I see everyone will have to pass those rooms to eat, and use elevators or stairs.....rethinking maybe I would want to be towards deadend....assuming no night noises from refurb? How was your room for traffic noise? :thanks: It has been 3 years since I was there....been suffering withdrawal....:-).

One of my favorite aspects was breakfast overlooking the lobby and listening to the music...but will be fun to be in the Yellowstone Suite and look outside too. Now that you mention it, my favorite room is towards the end of the hall nearer the current OFL.....which used to be the quietest spot, now I see everyone will have to pass those rooms to eat, and use elevators or stairs.....rethinking maybe I would want to be towards deadend....assuming no night noises from refurb? How was your room for traffic noise? :thanks: It has been 3 years since I was there....been suffering withdrawal....:-).

I wouldn't worry about too much traffic anywhere on the 7th floor. The OFC was the center of activity, but there just aren't that many rooms in use. Being near the West end of the hall would be the most secluded, and they have said there will be no construction overnight. We heard some drilling during the day, but in general the work on the North wing side was minimal.

Our room was on the 6th floor in the section of the wing under the CL rooms, room 6046. I made my way up to floor 7 to check it out one morning.

We hadn't stayed at WL in three years either, and were suffering from similar withdrawal.

Last edited:
Thanks so much.....may I ask if you booked Club Level, but they put you on 6? Or is all of 6 club level right now?

I called today to attempt to get a discount again, nothing, but the CM did say the entire villa side is not closed, that it had been done in sections.....and some areas are now open? So just maybe I will get a brand new room on 7........that AND just maybe the lobby view will open up at the OFL will revert back to its magical spot.....not too much to ask?

Wow if that CM is right we should have a new room décor to google at.....I have seen 3 changes? I liked the current one.....hoping some super sleuth will photograph a new room....:magnify:.....:teeth:

Well I read a few posts here and there that stated people were paying Club Level, using lounge but placed on 5th or 6th floor, AND not deluxe rooms either.....one was a club level review on touringplans......from September? So I am curious whats up with that?:-)

Thinking about staying here in Feb, but the thought of no evening campfires or Outdoor movies is discouraging me. Any idea if these will be back anytime soon?

They do have nighttime movies over at the Villas at night time. Last I saw it was only on Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. Everyone is welcome to come over to the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas to watch the movies.

Thanks so much.....may I ask if you booked Club Level, but they put you on 6? Or is all of 6 club level right now?

I called today to attempt to get a discount again, nothing, but the CM did say the entire villa side is not closed, that it had been done in sections.....and some areas are now open? So just maybe I will get a brand new room on 7........that AND just maybe the lobby view will open up at the OFL will revert back to its magical spot.....not too much to ask?

Wow if that CM is right we should have a new room décor to google at.....I have seen 3 changes? I liked the current one.....hoping some super sleuth will photograph a new room....:magnify:.....:teeth:
We were not CL, just a standard view regular reservation. I have not heard of CL bookings being placed on other floors besides the deluxe rooms.

When we were there the entire South wing was closed off and under heavy construction. The walls between rooms had been removed, it is a major reconfiguration, which supports the idea they are being converted to villas rooms. We have yet to get confirmation that any rooms in the South wing will not be villas, but time will tell.

Thanks GrandCalifornian, maybe the comment that a king bed room might be open on my visit on the south wing, could indicate some rooms, at least at club level will be regular rooms. Made my CL reservation thinking I might change it to request 6th floor and now rather wishing I had but the resort is SOLID BOOKED!!! The CM I spoke with mentioned a lot of conventions filling many resorts. So just HOW did you manage to sneak up to 7?!!!:rolleyes1 AND have you stayed at the Grand Californian? That is rather a dream of mine, never been to DL and if I did THAT is my wish of accomodations, love the theming!!!!:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter