Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone in Alligator Bayou right now? If so, what building are you in and do you like its location?

We are first timers to POR and I'm having a hard time deciding which AB building to request. I know that my request may not be fulfilled, but I'm going to try anyway. We are staying in a Garden Room.

Thank you!

I would check out touringplans.com to see room views. I love that feature! You can prefill booking category and walking time to food and bus stops. It might help you narrow it down a little. And it has the added bonus of getting to see how beautiful the resort is. (When I'm homesick for Disney, I check out room views from some of my favorite resorts and the ones I can only dream of :) )

Do you have to pay the subscription fee to see the room views on touringplans.com? I may just request AB 2nd floor since I have no clue what building we would prefer.

Do you have to pay the subscription fee to see the room views on touringplans.com? I may just request AB 2nd floor since I have no clue what building we would prefer.
Just request what you want... second floor, close to bus stop; second floor, close to main pool; etc. We request close to the bus stop, because we take afternoon breaks, which means we are walking to and from the bus stop four times a day. We have stayed in building 36 and 38. When we stayed in 38, we had booked river view, so I only requested 2nd floor. When we stayed in 36, I had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation and quiet pool.
I don't like the preferred rooms' location, because it's closest to the main bus stop, and I prefer to use one of the other stops. They are quieter and less crowded in the mornings. Obviously, I'm in the minority on this, because a lot of people pay extra to stay there.

Just request what you want... second floor, close to bus stop; second floor, close to main pool; etc. We request close to the bus stop, because we take afternoon breaks, which means we are walking to and from the bus stop four times a day. We have stayed in building 36 and 38. When we stayed in 38, we had booked river view, so I only requested 2nd floor. When we stayed in 36, I had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation and quiet pool.
I don't like the preferred rooms' location, because it's closest to the main bus stop, and I prefer to use one of the other stops. They are quieter and less crowded in the mornings. Obviously, I'm in the minority on this, because a lot of people pay extra to stay there.

Thank you for your input. Did you like buildings 36 and 38? We have a Garden View room and I would like to request AB. Being near the West or East depot would be fabulous, but I don't want to request too much.

I posted this separately in a thread but then thought it might be better posted here.....for anyone who is there now......

We have an upcoming 6 night stay at POR. Just wondered if the store at POR sells water bottles by the case and for how much. There is not really any point in ordering delivery of groceries if all we want are a few dozen bottles of water but on the other hand, I don't want to be spending a fortune on individual bottles of water.

Thank you for your input. Did you like buildings 36 and 38? We have a Garden View room and I would like to request AB. Being near the West or East depot would be fabulous, but I don't want to request too much.
We can't really recommend building numbers without knowing what's a priority to you. Do you want to be near the main pool? Do you prefer quiet pools? Will you get a refillable mug, and want short walks for refills? Short walk to breakfast before heading to the parks? Short walk to bus stop?

Also, always best to request the features you want, rather than building number. This way the room assigners can put you in the room that best meets your request. If you put a building number, and that building has no availability, they won't know how best to meet your wishes.

Here's some of what they sell (plus all the usual Disney World confectionery items of course)

View attachment 198131

View attachment 198132

View attachment 198133

View attachment 198134

View attachment 198135

View attachment 198136

Andre
I posted this separately in a thread but then thought it might be better posted here.....for anyone who is there now......

We have an upcoming 6 night stay at POR. Just wondered if the store at POR sells water bottles by the case and for how much. There is not really any point in ordering delivery of groceries if all we want are a few dozen bottles of water but on the other hand, I don't want to be spending a fortune on individual bottles of water.

On the fee, I don't believe so. If you don't have a preference other than upper floor, then that is fine. If you want to be close to buses or close to food, you should request that. Nothing is guaranteed but if you don't ask for it, they don't know.

It depends on what you want. 38 is closer to the pool/food court. 36 is closer to the bus stop/quiet pool. But there's not a huge difference. I'm not the best person to ask, because I would be happy in any building at POR!

The East Depot is close the the mansions, so if you want AB, I wouldn't request that. It will be confusing. I'd just request AB close to transportation. Look at the maps on portorleans.org. The bus stops are on the perimeter, so if you request close to transportation, you will likely end up further from the food court/main pool. Again, just ask for what you want, not a specific building. Or if you really want to request a building, say "AB, close to transportation, like building 36."

I am thinking of staying here for the first time in October. The royal rooms look appealing, however I would like to be near lobby/food court. Would I be better off in a preferred room? Are the royal rooms a far walk? Thanks for any help!

Yes they had them. Not sure of price. We just filled our resort mug and got ice from the ice machine.

I am thinking of staying here for the first time in October. The royal rooms look appealing, however I would like to be near lobby/food court. Would I be better off in a preferred room? Are the royal rooms a far walk? Thanks for any help!

My prior stay here I was in the RRs. The bridge over to the main area is kind of in between the two buildings. I was in the wing that was not near the bridge but was close to the corner by the walkway and river and it was a short-ish walk. Maybe 5 minutes. So not bad, but not super close. If you were on the back sides of the buildings or closer to the parking areas it would be a few minutes more

Yes they do. They are $6.99 for twenty-four 12oz bottles of Dasani.

The mansion rooms are on the side closest to French Quarter, which can be a nice benefit if you want to use their food court (walk over for some beignets) or if you want to catch a FQ bus on the way back from the parks and then walk back to your POR room. The FQ bus is almost always less crowded. Just something to consider.

I have requested close to transportation for my stay -- is the west Depot the best since it's first? I used Touring Plans to request a specific place mostly because I liked the scenery. Building 38, I think.

I have requested close to transportation for my stay -- is the west Depot the best since it's first? I used Touring Plans to request a specific place mostly because I liked the scenery. Building 38, I think.
Some people might think so. A better chance of getting a seat, but you're also on the bus for the entire route. We are all able bodied, and in the mornings when it was busy, we got on at the North Depot and ended up giving up our seats to little kids most of time. So getting a seat wasn't a priority for us.

Building 38 is closest to the North Depot. Building 34 would be the building in the 30s closest to the West Depot.

Can anyone advise if POR has a set order by which the buses pick up and drop off? For example, do they typically go South-West-North-East? Vice versa? Or can it be different depending on driver? We realized during a CSR stay that being at the first bus stop for pick up was important to us. Thanks!

We were in building 25 and that was close to the west depot. It was also close to the path that led to the main building. It was by a quiet pool and we really liked that location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter