Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We will be there in April too (I think I’ve run into you on here before by the way…. You did a trip review?). We were able to book pool/marina. Keep checking and maybe you can switch. Or get into a studio.

My main concern is my 7 and 8 year olds and lines in April!
Yes I was there last April! And doing an encore trip, haha. But also very concerned about lines because this April trip is earlier in April than last year’s due to Passover starting earlier. We’ll be there with a 7 and 9 year old!

Just here to say that we had a great 6-night stay at the Poly last week! We'd been looking forward to staying there ever since we had breakfast at Ohana 4 years ago during our last WDW trip and decided that our next trip absolutely needed to include this resort. We booked a year and a half ago the first day our week opened up, so it was a long time in the making.

We were in Samoa, 2nd floor, facing the Lava Pool (see below for the Christmas lights I put up in our window!). We spent plenty of time in that pool, I always chose a spot right by the bar! I had a couple of really relaxing dips in the Oasis pool as well, so relaxing!

We've never been huge dole whip people but I think having such easy access to them made us converts! Enjoyed 1 visit each at Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's-- Sam's really is so unique!

Ate twice at the newly renovated Kona Cafe, once for breakfast, once for dinner-- both were very enjoyable. Ohana was a great departure day breakfast for our family, that seems to be becoming a mini tradition. A few minutes after Stitch spent time at our table, I was attempting to take a group selfie and Stitch noticed, ran over and photobombed us!

I do have to say Capt Cook's was pretty underwhelming as the quick service. It's quite small and it felt a bit odd to always have our food packed in to-go containers. I assume this is to completely eliminate the need for dishwashing, and I get it it's a 50 year old building. Half the time I would just mobile order and we'd eat our breakfast in the room, which was perfectly fine. Not a big deal at all but was a noticeable contrast to Centertown Market at CBR.

The Moana-themed room was wonderful and fresh, really made it alot of fun to stay here. The size of the room was also really spacious especially compared to today's standards.

Watched fireworks on the beach twice, this is one of the features that makes the Poly stand out!

Anyway, that's just a bit about what we loved! If you are looking for your splurge at WDW, this is a great place to put it! I know there's alot of talk about the DVC tower construction, but the only time we even had an inkling about it was while on the monorail. If you can get availability on a pool/marina view category, in my opinion it's well worth the cost to get the peace of mind that you won't end up with a construction view.

I'll be posting a full-length trip report on our whole trip soon in that subforum for anyone interested, but if you're just lurking and have been flirting with staying at the Poly, do it.
20221128_003054.jpg

@nikmasteed: How was check out? Is bell services efficient with getting bags (to catch the bus to MCO)?

Grocery delivery?

We actually drove to WDW, so I did not use bell services at checkout and did not do grocery services either. We did use bell services to transfer some of our luggage from CBR to Poly in the middle of our split-stay and that went smoothly. On the Poly end, I was expecting bell services to bring the luggage to my room for me, and they did not (which I did not mind at all)-- when my room was ready they just pulled it out for me on a cart and asked me to bring the cart back.

We will be there in April too (I think I’ve run into you on here before by the way…. You did a trip review?). We were able to book pool/marina. Keep checking and maybe you can switch. Or get into a studio.

My main concern is my 7 and 8 year olds and lines in April!
We were just there during Christmas season and with use of Genie + and ILL didn’t wait in any lines more than 20 minutes!

Does the locker room with the showers under the lava pool have shampoo/conditioner/body wash? Trying to figure out if I need to pack some for arrival/departure days.

Forgot to mention that we had the “Hey Disney” device in our room on our recent trip 12/1-12/5. We found it useful to check weather, park hours, and kids used it for entertainment ( characters telling jokes, music, etc). I received a survey about the device and also did a follow up call with feedback. During the call I also gave my feedback about my concern that they were selling construction view rooms at regular standard view rates. I was reassured information would get to the right folks.

Forgot to mention that we had the “Hey Disney” device in our room on our recent trip 12/1-12/5. We found it useful to check weather, park hours, and kids used it for entertainment ( characters telling jokes, music, etc). I received a survey about the device and also did a follow up call with feedback. During the call I also gave my feedback about my concern that they were selling construction view rooms at regular standard view rates. I was reassured information would get to the right folks.
Does it turn off for the night? How does it turn on (touch screen?). Can it be moved out of view? Our kids (3, 6 and 14) need the room to be dark otherwise one of them is going to jump up if they see an electronic device.

Does it turn off for the night? How does it turn on (touch screen?). Can it be moved out of view? Our kids (3, 6 and 14) need the room to be dark otherwise one of them is going to jump up if they see an electronic device.
It’s not it all the rooms so you may not even have it. They are still in the testing phases. It doesn’t give off any light or make any noise at night. It’s like an Alexa, you talk to it. “Hey Disney” I didn’t notice if there was an off button.

When there are strong winds, does the dirt/sand from the construction site get blown about the resort, affecting the lava pool area at all? Or any of the walking paths around it?
I haven't been there since construction, but there are two longhouses and some water between the Lava pool and the construction site. I can't imagine it would be a problem there unless winds were so strong that you wouldn't want to be outside anyway.

I keep checking for my April dates to update to a possible “view” room for Poly but no such luck. Anyone know if any rooms likely open closer to the trip or is availability pretty set less than 4 months out?

Also, if view rooms do come up (I have a standard room now), are there any that are def not worth it? Or definitely worth it? I love being more central with two under 10 kids. And I’m very keen to avoid a constructive view.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I keep checking for my April dates to upstate to a possible “view” room for Poly but no such luck. Anyone know if any rooms likely open closer to the trip or is availability pretty set less than 4 months out?

Also, if view rooms do come up (I have a standard room now), are there any that are def not worth it? Or definitely worth it? I love being more central with two under 10 kids. And I’m very keen to avoid a constructive view.

Thanks!
I check daily and I usually can move to what I want. Just keep checking! Really any view but std will be worth it with construction.

I just got CL for NYE within 2 weeks by checking checking checking.

Good luck! The poly studios are also nice to get!

I check daily and I usually can move to what I want. Just keep checking! Really any view but std will be worth it with construction.

I just got CL for NYE within 2 weeks by checking checking checking.

Good luck! The poly studios are also nice to get!
Thanks! We’re actually pretty set on a hotel room and not a studio, which I know is a minority opinion. I did see the studio option maybe a month ago and briefly considered changing this preference but we really do like the hotel rooms better so decided to stick with them. Hoping i don’t regret that, haha

Thanks! We’re actually pretty set on a hotel room and not a studio, which I know is a minority opinion. I did see the studio option maybe a month ago and briefly considered changing this preference but we really do like the hotel rooms better so decided to stick with them. Hoping i don’t regret that, haha

I’ve stayed in a studio (2022) and on the hotel side (2018) and I have to say I much preferred the studio. Having two showers, 2 vanity’s, a mini fridge and microwave with plates and utensils was soooo handy, especially the showers. Things I never thought I needed until I had them! Another bonus would be 0 chance of having a construction facing room.

If you end up keeping the hotel room I’d definitely recommend requesting Rarotonga.

I got our studio booked in Oct for NYE. I had to be flexible and had to search for different dates. I did see options in Nov (near the 30 day payment deadline) for the Moana rooms but we kept the studio specifically for the 2 baths. I didn’t even know about the construction. The only room preferences left were Moorea or Tokelau (we are not DVC members).

I’ve stayed in a studio (2022) and on the hotel side (2018) and I have to say I much preferred the studio. Having two showers, 2 vanity’s, a mini fridge and microwave with plates and utensils was soooo handy, especially the showers. Things I never thought I needed until I had them! Another bonus would be 0 chance of having a construction facing room.

If you end up keeping the hotel room I’d definitely recommend requesting Rarotonga.
I know, everyone says this! We just really prefer the look of the hotel side rooms. Plus all the storage. And to us the studio bathrooms look kind of dated and two tubs isn’t that big of a draw (they should’ve made it two toilets IMO). We have two boys and no one is taking long baths, haha. Plus some of the DVC studio bldgs are really far from the ceremonial house and we prefer being more centrally located. But I agree we’re in the minority in this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter