• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email the Polynesian Resort for my late-August stay telling me the monorail will not be open. It seems like a form email, so I'm not sure it is actually targeted to my dates but I assume, since we received it, not to expect the monorail in August.

Dear Guest,

Aloha! We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. As part of these renovations, monorail service will remain temporarily suspended. During this time, direct bus transportation will be provided to all four Theme Parks and watercraft transportation will be available to Magic Kingdom® Park. If you prefer to walk, the pathway to access the monorail and ferryboats at the Transportation and Ticket Center will also remain open.

Other amenities remain open during this time. Please refer to the Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date hours and information.

We are excited to welcome Guests back to the Great Ceremonial House where Cast Members will be available to assist at the Front Desk. To avoid delays, we strongly recommend that you use the Online Check-In service to go directly to your room. Learn more about the Direct-to-Room service and how you can even use the My Disney Experience app to unlock your Resort hotel door.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

General Manager David Belrose and the team at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Last edited:
Just got an email the Polynesian Resort for my late-August stay telling me the monorail will not be open. It seems like a form email, so I'm not sure it is actually targeted to my dates but I assume, since we received it, not to expect the monorail in August.

I just got this as well. We'll be at the Poly 7/24-8/2 so I wasn't surprised. We actually prepared ourselves long ago for no monorail, no fireworks (we're so excited this was wrong), and limited options for dining (this is getting better but still a bit tough). Still, this is going to be a magical trip for our family and we can't wait to get there!

I just got this as well. We'll be at the Poly 7/24-8/2 so I wasn't surprised. We actually prepared ourselves long ago for no monorail, no fireworks (we're so excited this was wrong), and limited options for dining (this is getting better but still a bit tough). Still, this is going to be a magical trip for our family and we can't wait to get there!

Yep, this is disappointing only on a minor level, but I wanted to share the information.

Yep, this is disappointing only on a minor level, but I wanted to share the information.

Totally! It seems like things are changing so fast and I love knowing that everyone here is sharing what they can to help others plan.

I'm curious as to what people think the boat service from the Poly dock to the MK will be like? Way too busy? Worth walking to the Transportation & Ticket Center?

I got this email too - pretty disappointed - staying 8/5. I was really hoping it'd open when the rest of the resort opened!

How late in August are you going? We aeeive on the 29th. Did not get email

We got the email, too. We are there 8/9-8/14. It says they will be running busses to all four theme parks, and if you prefer to walk, the pathway to the TTC will also be open to access watercraft and the monorail from there. It doesn’t mention the pathway to the MK being opened. I sure hope it’s opened by then.

We are there 7/19 and I’m bummed about the monorail but as you mention there are so many things open that we didn’t expect would be so we are taking those positives and rolling with it!

We are there 7/19 and I’m bummed about the monorail but as you mention there are so many things open that we didn’t expect would be so we are taking those positives and rolling with it!

I’m just happy the Poly (resort side) is even opening. I wasn’t sure that would be the case a few months ago. And, as a bonus, ‘Ohana will be open, too.

I just got the same email for August 20-27th. It's a little disappointing but between the buses, boats, walking and the TCC there are plenty of other options to get to and from MK and the other area resorts. Maybe it'll mean the Poly will be a little quieter...

Are you staying in Villas or Room?

Got that, too, also for a stay in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter