Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So quick question, let me know if this should be in the dining board instead. If we are eating at 'Ohana and we are on the dining plan. I know that alcoholic beverages are included with adult dining plan meals now. Can I get a Lapu Lapu as my beverage? That would be awesome!

“During the closure, a temporary bar will be set up to serve ‘Ohana and walk-up guests, but no bar seating will be available.”

I’m reading that as drinks available but no food?

Oh my. Reading the words “Poly” and “temporary bar” gave me horrible flashbacks to the “temporary pool bar” they set up at the old quiet pool back when they were re-doing the Lava Pool 2015ish. That “temporary bar” was the most pathetic thing ever! Hopefully they do something better with Tambu’s temporary replacement. :-)

Oh my. Reading the words “Poly” and “temporary bar” gave me horrible flashbacks to the “temporary pool bar” they set up at the old quiet pool back when they were re-doing the Lava Pool 2015ish. That “temporary bar” was the most pathetic thing ever! Hopefully they do something better with Tambu’s temporary replacement. :-)
During my first stay at the Poly in August 2014 I got a couple of drinks from that dinky temporary pool bar. It was hit or miss when it would be staffed. Without a doubt they are going to need something more substantial to service Tambu's normal crowd. I was glad to have gotten to swim in the quiet pool prior to it being refurbed though.

Eeek yeah as a first timer I’m really hoping there’s a suitable replacement. We stayed at CBR last year and their temp pool bar also left a lot to be desired as well.

Eeek yeah as a first timer I’m really hoping there’s a suitable replacement. We stayed at CBR last year and their temp pool bar also left a lot to be desired as well.
There is traders indoor and outdoor seating now which really is a fun option.

However I've always loved Tambu, lots of memories !

wow, we check out on July 4, so we will not miss Tambu, lol. I have never been there, but staying at Poly for my BD trip and intended to try it!

I have a silly question. Can someone explain how it works with luggage when checking in early? We’ve never stayed at the Poly and usually arrive later so just bring the bags to the room ourself.
This time we will arrive around 645am and would like to store our bags while heading to Mk.
Do we just pull up front and give our bags to bell services? (Dh can do this while I check in?)

I have a silly question. Can someone explain how it works with luggage when checking in early? We’ve never stayed at the Poly and usually arrive later so just bring the bags to the room ourself.
This time we will arrive around 645am and would like to store our bags while heading to Mk.
Do we just pull up front and give our bags to bell services? (Dh can do this while I check in?)

Yep, pull on up, someone from bell services will likely come greet you, if not, flag someone over. Tell them you're checking in and you'd like to store your luggage. They'll load your bags on a cart, take your name, and give you a claim check. That's it - easy peasy. It'll take a minute, if that.

When you want your bags later that day when you have your room, you can either stop by bell services on your own and get them, or call from your room to have them delivered (you do need to be in the room for them to deliver, it's not like DME).

Obviously personal choice here, but tipping bell services CMs that handle your luggage is usually appreciated.

So quick question, let me know if this should be in the dining board instead. If we are eating at 'Ohana and we are on the dining plan. I know that alcoholic beverages are included with adult dining plan meals now. Can I get a Lapu Lapu as my beverage? That would be awesome!

I read on another thread that the person was able to get the Lapu Lapu refill (not in the pineapple) on the dining plan. You'd probably need an ADR at 'Ohana or Kona Cafe though.

Oh , my dd has added the 4th so ds and I arrive 7/3 and dd in time for desserts and 4th fireworks.

Then we move to CR for a much missed Atrium cl stay.

We were married at the WP in August of 2008! Enjoy every minute of your day, ours was absolutely amazing, and i’m sure they’ve only gotten better over the years!
I am really excited :) I bet your wedding was amazing, Disney does great weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter