Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Poly laundry vending machine has any options for fragrance free or sensitive fabric softeners? I cant find a travel size in any stores! Thank you for any info or ideas
I always pack my own detergent pods. I either use freezer zip lock or a small size ziplock container. Easy to pack, and much less than buying from vending machine. I skip fab. softener. I stopped using at home too after a conversation with a sales clerk in a bath shop looking for towels. my towels weren’t absorbing anymore. I was told to stop using fab softener. It gums up the material. It worked. Now I never use it l all and don’t miss it

Last edited:
I always pack my own detergent pods. I either use freezer zip lock or a small size ziplock container. Easy to pack, and much less than buying from vending machine. I skip fab. softener. I stopped using at home too after a conversation with a sales clerk in a bath shop looking for towels. my towels weren’t absorbing anymore. I was told to stop using fab softener. It gums up the material. It worked. Now I never use it l all and don’t miss it
I've heard that before as well. I use it mostly to prevent Static cling for my son's Under armour shirts. He hates clingy clothes! But it probably won't matter in the FL Sun and humidity.

I've heard that before as well. I use it mostly to prevent Static cling for my son's Under armour shirts. He hates clingy clothes! But it probably won't matter in the FL Sun and humidity.

Fabric softener is actually very bad for technical fabric clothing and should not be used. See this link from Under Armour about how to wash workout gear: https://blog.underarmour.com/how-to-wash-your-workout-gear/

1. Don’t use fabric softener.
Fabric softener can often be blamed for keeping workout clothes from getting totally clean when they are in the wash cycle. Since it tends to coat these types of fibers, fabric softener prevents them from being able to absorb the water when being washed.

END QUOTE

We use Purecosheets in our dryer -- no chemicals or fragrance (to which we are sensitive) (we do *not* use essential oil with them; just them plain) and they pretty much eliminate static, plus make things fluffier: https://www.purecosheet.com/ They are available from various sources online including the manufacturer's website. Our local health food store stocks them in store.

At Poly in December we did some laundry. The machine that sold the detergent and fabric softener packets had some unknown brand I had never heard of. Below is a photo I took of the similar machine in the Copper Creek Villas laundry room later in the same trip. The products are the same.

We brought our own liquid detergent [the machines are HE so only need a small amount; we put it into a leakproof Nalgene bottle and then into a ziploc to be safe for the flight].

Also note: the dispensers in the washing machines can be kind of gunky. Check them before you decide which machine to use.

The poly resort laundry room was clean, quiet, and easy to use [once you found it :-) ]. I did a number of loads and there was only one other person in there when I was using it.

SW

ETA: zoomed in the original picture; the brand is "Ares Green Preference", their website is: http://firstpref.com/products/green-products.html The products in the laundry room are the fabric sheets and the single use powder detergent boxes.

Attachments

• CCV laundry.jpg
    CCV laundry.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13

The poly resort laundry room was clean, quiet, and easy to use [once you found it :-) ]. I did a number of loads and there was only one other person in there when I was using it.

I have a dumb question for ya, if you don’t mind..when you did laundry at the Poly, did you just wait in the laundry room until it was finished or did you leave and come back?

I have never done laundry at the resorts but this upcoming trip is our longest ever at two weeks so I know I will have to wash some clothes while we are there lol. Just wasn’t sure if it would be safe to leave clothes in the washer or dryer while I swam or something.

I have a dumb question for ya, if you don’t mind..when you did laundry at the Poly, did you just wait in the laundry room until it was finished or did you leave and come back?

I have never done laundry at the resorts but this upcoming trip is our longest ever at two weeks so I know I will have to wash some clothes while we are there lol. Just wasn’t sure if it would be safe to leave clothes in the washer or dryer while I swam or something.
I swim while I wait. There is a log in with cell phone so you can see when laundry is finished, but since I don’t take phone to pool I just make note of time, it says how long cycle is and go back just before it’s done.

I swim while I wait. There is a log in with cell phone so you can see when laundry is finished, but since I don’t take phone to pool I just make note of time, it says how long cycle is and go back just before it’s done.

Oh okay, awesome! Thank you so much :) I am happy to know that I won’t have to stare at my laundry while it is getting washed lol

Thanks again :)

I have done laundry at multiple resorts including Poly, as well as on DCL ships, during the day as well as at night - we always do laundry on our trips. The machines tell you how much time is left or there is a sign in the room telling you about how long a load should take. I get the load going and wait a couple minutes to make sure it seems to be going properly, then set an alarm on my phone for the remaining time less about five minutes plus enough time to get to the laundry room from wherever I will be.

At Poly I went back to our room or to go for snacks. The laundry room door is locked and requires you to use your magic band to unlock it.

Having done laundry in university dormitory laundry rooms, I felt ok leaving the laundry and coming back just before the cycle should end. I wouldn't leave it much past thee end of a cycle though. YMMV.

If you want to stay and wait they have some chairs and a TV.

SW

Yes if you have a smartphone the app is also useful -- with a smartphone you can set an alert -- it will send you a text message when your load is done :-) http://m.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is the mobile version; http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is the web/desktop version [you can't set an alert through this version you need to be using the mobile version].

Forgot about that from this last trip as it was the first time wwe used it. But I also set an alarm on my phone, and that is what I used to tell me to go back to rescue the laundry.

SW

I have done laundry at multiple resorts including Poly, as well as on DCL ships, during the day as well as at night - we always do laundry on our trips. The machines tell you how much time is left or there is a sign in the room telling you about how long a load should take. I get the load going and wait a couple minutes to make sure it seems to be going properly, then set an alarm on my phone for the remaining time less about five minutes plus enough time to get to the laundry room from wherever I will be.

At Poly I went back to our room or to go for snacks. The laundry room door is locked and requires you to use your magic band to unlock it.

Having done laundry in university dormitory laundry rooms, I felt ok leaving the laundry and coming back just before the cycle should end. I wouldn't leave it much past thee end of a cycle though. YMMV.

If you want to stay and wait they have some chairs and a TV.

SW

Perfect, thank you so so much! My daughter will be thrilled to be able to swim while laundry is getting done and I will be thrilled to have clean clothes lol :)

Thank you!!

Yes if you have a smartphone the app is also useful -- with a smartphone you can set an alert -- it will send you a text message when your load is done :-) http://m.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is the mobile version; http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is the web/desktop version [you can't set an alert through this version you need to be using the mobile version].

Forgot about that from this last trip as it was the first time wwe used it. But I also set an alarm on my phone, and that is what I used to tell me to go back to rescue the laundry.

SW
I didn’t use it because I don’t like to leave phone unattended on lounge while swimming. These phones cost too much!

We accidentally left our laundry longer than intended while at the Poly over spring break. We came back at least 60 minutes after our wash cycle was over, and our laundry was still in the washer waiting for us. Not saying it always happens that way, but that was our lucky experience. We usually swim while we’re doing laundry. I love that Disney has laundry facilities!!

I'm going to be staying at Poly for the first time before my wedding. I was wondering if the pool was a good place to watch the fireworks? We want to have a relaxing night and have dinner planned at Ohana.

I'm going to be staying at Poly for the first time before my wedding. I was wondering if the pool was a good place to watch the fireworks? We want to have a relaxing night and have dinner planned at Ohana.
We love watching from the pool! It’s a very relaxing way to see it. Congrats on the wedding and I hope you have a great time!!

Congratulations! Are you getting married at the Poly?

I have always been somewhat annoyed that they didn’t turn the angle of the Lava Pool hot tub to face the MK with an unobstructed view. That hot tub is a few degrees and a tree/rock feature away from being PRIME fireworks viewing! :-)

Sorry, random thought based on the discussion above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter