Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are there 12-16, doing MNSSHP on the 13 and 15. We have a half-day cabana on the 13. We'll be dressed as AIW characters for the party on the 13th - DD as Alice, DS as the White Rabbit and DH and I as the Tweedles :)
Awe that sounds like fun costumes.

I may be at pool in the afternoon if room not ready:)

Can someone confirm that the Minnie Vans are handicapped accessible for a scooter? I understand they may be more money. I did rent one that comes apart, but I'm not too sure how much room it would take up.

Hey everyone!!! First stay at Poly with my family coming up April 2018 and can't wait!!! Booked Lagoon view club level and was just curious if anyone knew if any rooms on 3rd floor of Hawaii building were considered lagoon view or would it just be first and second floor? Thanks in advance for reading!!! :)

Hey everyone!!! First stay at Poly with my family coming up April 2018 and can't wait!!! Booked Lagoon view club level and was just curious if anyone knew if any rooms on 3rd floor of Hawaii building were considered lagoon view or would it just be first and second floor? Thanks in advance for reading!!! :)

According to http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/hawaii

1st Floor - 6
2nd Floor - 9
3rd Floor - 2

The large majority of them are on the first floor. There are a select few on 2 and 3 where a palm tree obstructs a direct view of the castle, but there aren’t that many of them.

When we book CL LV, we request to be on the first floor as I prefer the “walk out” patio/grassy area/direct access to the beach.

Hope that helps!

We have reservations for a DVC studio lake view at the Poly. We hope to have a good view of the fireworks from our room. Any suggestions as to what to request? I assume we will be in Moorea because of our category. There will be 3 adults and 2 kids in the room, so I think 2nd floor is not what we want since there is no balcony and you lose that extra "space" that comes with a balcony/patio. I assume 3rd floor wood be better with the balcony, or are we better off requesting a 1st floor because of the walk out sitting area? Just curious to get opinions from the Poly experts, lol! Thanks!

We have reservations for a DVC studio lake view at the Poly. We hope to have a good view of the fireworks from our room. Any suggestions as to what to request? I assume we will be in Moorea because of our category. There will be 3 adults and 2 kids in the room, so I think 2nd floor is not what we want since there is no balcony and you lose that extra "space" that comes with a balcony/patio. I assume 3rd floor wood be better with the balcony, or are we better off requesting a 1st floor because of the walk out sitting area? Just curious to get opinions from the Poly experts, lol! Thanks!

Moorea has balconies on 2nd and 3rd with patios on 1st. Third will provide you the best view, but other than that--it is a matter of preference.

We have reservations for a DVC studio lake view at the Poly. We hope to have a good view of the fireworks from our room. Any suggestions as to what to request? I assume we will be in Moorea because of our category. There will be 3 adults and 2 kids in the room, so I think 2nd floor is not what we want since there is no balcony and you lose that extra "space" that comes with a balcony/patio.

The 2nd floor of Moorea does have balconies.

I assume 3rd floor wood be better with the balcony, or are we better off requesting a 1st floor because of the walk out sitting area? Just curious to get opinions from the Poly experts, lol! Thanks!

My preference would be 3rd floor as the 1st floor rooms have a partially blocked view of Magic Kingdom because of the Bungalows.

FYI my lv cl rooms have all been first floor 05, 11,13 and 17. That pretty much covers the whole floor.

However Disney does not really stick to an exact science. They assign based on availability at check in. So just because I got a room lv cl doesn't mean its always a lv cl.

Hope that is not confusing!

Moorea has balconies on 2nd and 3rd with patios on 1st. Third will provide you the best view, but other than that--it is a matter of preference.

The 2nd floor of Moorea does have balconies. My preference would be 3rd floor as the 1st floor rooms have a partially blocked view of Magic Kingdom because of the Bungalows.

Thank you both! I thought I'd read somewhere that the 2nd floor longhouses didn't have balconies, but I'm so glad that both 2nd and 3rd at Moorea have balconies. I'm going to request 3rd floor first but since we're going at a very busy time (11/25-29) I'm glad that I won't just be limited to a 3rd floor room for a balcony!

Thank you both! I thought I'd read somewhere that the 2nd floor longhouses didn't have balconies, but I'm so glad that both 2nd and 3rd at Moorea have balconies. I'm going to request 3rd floor first but since we're going at a very busy time (11/25-29) I'm glad that I won't just be limited to a 3rd floor room for a balcony!

Yeah, the three DVC longhouses were built after the original / now resort-side longhouses. There are balconies on the second floor of all three building, the resort-side longhouses do not have second floor balconies. Also the hallways for the three DVC buildings are materially wider/larger.

If I were in your shoes, I’d be happy on either the 3rd or 2nd floor.

Have fun!

We were on the 3rd floor last year and the view of the fireworks was FABULOUS.

Here now in a 3rd floor room. The view is awesome...but try to request something at the opposite end of the ferry boats at TTC. They are incredibly loud.

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip. I can't speak for CL, but the Poly overall is amazing :goodvibes.

Here now in a 3rd floor room. The view is awesome...but try to request something at the opposite end of the ferry boats at TTC. They are incredibly loud.

Hope you're having a good time and enjoying the Poly :wizard:.

Room query!!

So we are traveling in party of 8. our parent in one room- us and the kids in another.

My FIL is physically handicapped so I would perfer an accessible room- at least with rails. They can bring his portable rail but If we can get away with not thatd be awesome too lol.

Im looking at maps on tikiman but a lot of the rooms are like right next to ice makers, elevators etc.

Experiences with these rooms on obnoxious noise??

We have 2 Marina or Pool views double queens booked, So Im looking at Niue, Samoa, and Fiji. (its also impossible to figure out what alll includes marina and pool views- most the sites just say garden)

Or are these rooms big enough that he can use his normal seat walker in the room and store the scooter.(not an uber one just one of those getting around types)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter