Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Ok, question, please bare with me as we have not been to Disney in 10 years? We have used DME before. is there a time (as in appointed time) that we will get on the bus? Our flight lands at 1630 on November 6. I know we get our luggage ourselves. Do we just walk out and line up for the ‘next‘ bus? (Yes, I know a reservation ahead of time is needed and we are staying on property). Thanks for all help in advanced for my long overdue trip. 😊

Thanks Kanerf. Does anyone have an idea of how far apart the buses arrive?
They aren't really on a schedule, they have multiple buses making round trips more or less continuously. Since you're arriving in late afternoon, there will be a lot of guests using DME around the same time, so it will really be a matter of how many people are traveling to your hotel and the two or three other hotels that your bus is assigned to. You may wait 10 minutes in line before boarding your bus, you may wait 30 minutes or longer. Hard to predict!

We used DME in March and again in July. The first time we waited around 5-10 mins in queue and less than 5 mins once on the bus.
In July we had almost no wait, just straight out to the bus, but we were assigned seats. When we got to our seat we realized they were cramming everyone to the back of the bus. I thought we’d have a completely full bus and would wait for more passengers to fill in the empty seats near the middle and front but we didn't. He didn’t speak at all and the whole experience seemed so strange
Usually it’s a little spiel like I’m Joe Smith and we’re gonna stop at blah,blah,blah.
So imagine the last 6-7 rows very full and all the rest of the seats empty. As if he was only social distancing himself.

Ok, question, please bare with me as we have not been to Disney in 10 years? We have used DME before. is there a time (as in appointed time) that we will get on the bus? Our flight lands at 1630 on November 6. I know we get our luggage ourselves. Do we just walk out and line up for the ‘next‘ bus? (Yes, I know a reservation ahead of time is needed and we are staying on property). Thanks for all help in advanced for my long overdue trip. 😊
Have a great time!

Just back from our split stay 7/20-7/26--took DME from MCO to Bay Lake Tower and then from the Poly back to MCO. Upon arrival at about 10:30am, our wait for our DME bus was 85 minutes(!), not including the time it took us to retrieve our own luggage and lug it over to the back of the long DME check in line. It was great practice for all of the enormously long lines we had to stand in for the rides in the parks! :rotfl:As so many others say, "Pack your patience!" Our trip back took the standard length of time. DME bus picked us up at 2:50pm (for our 6:45pm flight) from the Poly, then it went to the Grand Floridian, and then to the Caribbean Beach Resort and then the ride was 35 minutes to the airport. It took about another 5 minutes to get our bags from under the bus, and then just a few more minutes to get over to the other side of the airport to the Southwest counter and then it took 10 minutes to self-tag our bags and self-check in.

We took DME from the airport to AKL-K on Aug 22nd, once we found it :), we got in our line, only people in our line, two groups in two other lines got checked in before us, we got checked in and right on the bus, took maybe 5 minutes total. Had stops at POP and All-Stars before our resort. Took it back to the airport to pick up a rental car for our beach stay on Thur the 26th, bus was at the ALK-K entrance when we got to the lobby, gave the driver our luggage and got on the bus. It was about 1/2 full, went right to the airport. First time using DME, it was so easy.

Sitting in the airport now. Can't get our luggage because of the weather. At 8pm I went to magical express and asked if they could get my luggage and deliver it to our hotel.

I booked this trip last week so I don't have luggage tags. He said no. I need to collect my own luggage. I didn't know that

Do I need to reserve Magical Express, or can I just show up when my flight arrives and I've collected my luggage? I can't find a way to make a ME reservation online?

I have a reservation for DME for our December trip, but our flight number to MCO has changed. I tried modifying the reservation on MDE, but it says I have to call. With phone wait times being 2+ hours, do I absolutely have to call and let them know my flight number changed? Or, can I just walk up to the line once we are there and they'll be able to get us on a bus? In case it matters, our original flight was supposed to land around 4pm, and our new flight lands at about 9am.

@mamaanna, You don’t have to notify them - they just use flight information to estimate guest volume through the day. But you can call DME directly at (866) 599-0951 and tell them. Much shorter phone wait times!

I just made a ME reservation for December arrival and a January departure. I thought it was ending 1/1/22??
It allowed me to make a return trip to MCO on 1/10, when I'm leaving.
Is this right???

I just made a ME reservation for December arrival and a January departure. I thought it was ending 1/1/22??
It allowed me to make a return trip to MCO on 1/10, when I'm leaving.
Is this right???
Disney’s announcement stated that DME would continue for arrivals through 12/31/2021, meaning if you arrive in December, they’ll get you back to the airport when you leave, even if you leave in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter