Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Does anyone know if you can take DME at a different time than immediately after your flight? For instance, it's seeming like the best option is to fly in late Sunday night but my reservation starts Monday. I thought about just staying at the hotel in the airport Sun night - could I take DME the next morning?
We just did exactly that last weekend. Saturday evening flights were dirt cheap and we stayed at the Hyatt inside MCO using Chase Ultimate Rewards points so it was not only free but super convenient location. We have stayed there many times and still highly recommend it. We chose an early morning flight arriving at 9:30 am on Sunday to enter as our Magical Express arrival info. We were not planning any park visiting that morning so we were in no hurry.
The flight that we chose ended up being delayed and we checked into ME before the plane landed. No one ever said, “Hey, you shouldn’t be here yet!” We weren’t taking anything we didn’t pay for so they don’t care and don’t check all of that.
As long as you have a legit reservation, you can board a bus.

Does anyone know if you can take DME at a different time than immediately after your flight? For instance, it's seeming like the best option is to fly in late Sunday night but my reservation starts Monday. I thought about just staying at the hotel in the airport Sun night - could I take DME the next morning?
You can call DME at (866) 599-0951 and tell them what day and roughly what time you expect to take the bus. Actually, you might not be eligible to take the bus on Sunday anyway, if your resort reservation checkin isn’t until Monday!

Is it true that DME is not picking up your luggage currently and you have to get it yourself before boarding the DME bus? TIA

Is it true that DME is not picking up your luggage currently and you have to get it yourself before boarding the DME bus? TIA

Yes. Been that way since the reopening, and likely to remain that way for the rest of the lifespan of DME (1/1/22).

ALSO, you have to take your bags on the bus with you and check them in yourself at the airport, as RAC no longer exists.

Steve

Yes. Been that way since the reopening, and likely to remain that way for the rest of the lifespan of DME (1/1/22).

ALSO, you have to take your bags on the bus with you and check them in yourself at the airport, as RAC no longer exists.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Our trip is in almost 2 weeks and we haven't received luggage tags yet. Cause for alarm? Just wanted to see if I should call or hold off. It seems like in prior trips we received them earlier than that... but not sure what recent activity has been...

Our trip is in almost 2 weeks and we haven't received luggage tags yet. Cause for alarm? Just wanted to see if I should call or hold off. It seems like in prior trips we received them earlier than that... but not sure what recent activity has been...
They don't send luggage tags anymore, since you're responsible for picking up your bags and bringing them to the bus. I think you should get a letter confirming your DME reservation, though - but if your online checkin shows you're arriving via DME, then even the letter isn't required. They can scan your MB or look you up on their list.

They don't send luggage tags anymore, since you're responsible for picking up your bags and bringing them to the bus. I think you should get a letter confirming your DME reservation, though - but if your online checkin shows you're arriving via DME, then even the letter isn't required. They can scan your MB or look you up on their list.
Perfect. Thanks for the info! I haven't traveled since the re-open... so just catching up on everything.

I did get mine in the mail last week, one week before our trip. I know most ppl are not getting theirs and I didn’t expect to either so you might still get them. I did get an email 2 weeks ago saying to pick them up at the hotel front desk. So pleasant surprise to get them in the mail after all.

I did get mine in the mail last week, one week before our trip. I know most ppl are not getting theirs and I didn’t expect to either so you might still get them. I did get an email 2 weeks ago saying to pick them up at the hotel front desk. So pleasant surprise to get them in the mail after all.

Thanks for that info... So although they're sending people tags, I'm guessing we still need to handle luggage the same as it's been recently (i.e. picking up at baggage claim and taking to Magical Express ourselves, etc.)

Do you mean the souvenir identification tags, that you can leave on your luggage for future trips? Or the yellow DME tags that say which resort to deliver your bags to? They’ve stopped sending the DME tags because they no longer deliver luggage, but the souvenir identification tags still come for people who bought packages from Disney.

Do you mean the souvenir identification tags, that you can leave on your luggage for future trips? Or the yellow DME tags that say which resort to deliver your bags to? They’ve stopped sending the DME tags because they no longer deliver luggage, but the souvenir identification tags still come for people who bought packages from Disney.
I meant the souvenir ones, I thought that’s what they were talking about. No yellow tags, sorry if I confused anyone!

Thanks for that info... So although they're sending people tags, I'm guessing we still need to handle luggage the same as it's been recently (i.e. picking up at baggage claim and taking to Magical Express ourselves, etc.)
Sorry, I didn’t mean the yellow ones they used to use to transport your luggage from the airport. They definitely don’t do that anymore. I was talking about the ones with Mickey and Minnie on them. I got confuzzled! :crazy:

Where do you see this in the online check in? I don't see anything on mine

Where do you see this in the online check in? I don't see anything on mine
When I go to Update Checkin, under Your Resort Arrival I see the time I told them we expect to arrive. In December, when our DD was flying in, it said something like “arriving via DME.”

Can someone explain to me how to set up DME reservation? Do I just call the number? We arrive in 3 weeks. Thanks!

There's an online form you can use here. Or call DME directly at 866 599-0951. This number will not have a long hold time, and they can get you set up in just a few minutes.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter