Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I LOVE that elevator—on my first stay there, I was in one of the deluxe king rooms right above Gaspy’s, and my room was right around the corner from that elevator. It felt like I had my own private elevator! Was very convenient to the walking path to MK for those early AM rope drops. I never even used the main lobby elevators except the 1 time I took the monorail because it was raining.
We were in a King Deluxe room last fall and used that elevator a lot too.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a June stay booked and have not received the emails. The International Guest email is interesting in that it notes "minor work", "enhancements" and states that the lobby "will remain fully accessible". Hm. Sounds like redecorating. As for timing - I have no actual inside scoop - I'm guessing the GF lobby work will start sometime after 4th of July and is likely to take place over the August/Sept back-to-school slow season. I guess we'll find out eventually!
I read somewhere(don't remember where maybe here when the reno's were first announced) that they were going to re-do the check-in desk to make individual stations instead of one long counter

Congrats to Israel and the rest of the V&A staff

Sorry for the delay, I am in the middle of a kitchen demo, haha.

Yes, the Disney suites are the 2 double doors on 3 and 4 by the back elevator. Had I not seen it with my own two eyes, I would not have believed the 2 queen beds would fit in that room. But they flip flopped the room layout and out the queen beds on the opposite wall. However, as I look back at my own photos, they look more like full beds and not queen like we were told.
I've been looking for pics of the renovated Disney Suite for a long time...nice to see these, thank you. Do you happen to have any more? If so, I would love to see them. We stayed in it a couple years back and are schedule to stay in it this November, but I want to see how it looks post-renovation before deciding to stick with the suite (and the extra expense).

Has anyone else noticed that the Garden View Tea Room has disappeared from the My Disney Experience app? I wonder if that means a replacement will be announced soon.

I've been looking for pics of the renovated Disney Suite for a long time...nice to see these, thank you. Do you happen to have any more? If so, I would love to see them. We stayed in it a couple years back and are schedule to stay in it this November, but I want to see how it looks post-renovation before deciding to stick with the suite (and the extra expense).
We thought the renovated suite was beautiful, but we missed the nostalgic photos that made the suite unique when we stayed in there.

Attachments

• IMG_8792.jpeg
    IMG_8792.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8790.jpeg
    IMG_8790.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8788.jpeg
    IMG_8788.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8787.jpeg
    IMG_8787.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8793.jpeg
    IMG_8793.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8798.jpeg
    IMG_8798.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8795.jpeg
    IMG_8795.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8797.jpeg
    IMG_8797.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 47
Thank you! I had seen pictures of all the other big suites and I guess this is in line with those. But you're right, those nostalgic photos are missing. I wonder if the couch in the living room is a pull-out. The room description doesn't say that it is, but it looks like the same couch shown in the pictures of the sleeper sofas in the 1 and 2 bedroom suites.

We usually book an RPC Deluxe Queen room. As I am contemplating a solo trip, I wonder whether I should splurge on a Deluxe King, instead. Has anyone stayed in one of the King’s lately? Any thoughts?

We usually book an RPC Deluxe Queen room. As I am contemplating a solo trip, I wonder whether I should splurge on a Deluxe King, instead. Has anyone stayed in one of the King’s lately? Any thoughts?
I haven't stayed in one since the renos, but I really enjoyed the deluxe king room. The one downside is they are kind of inconvenient to the lobby, since you have to take 2 elevators to get to it. But they are very convenient to the courtyard pool and the MK walking path.

**UPDATE 6:00 pm: I just saw a current picture of the lobby, and work has not started at this time. There’s definitely a possibility it will begin any day now. I will keep this thread updated.

Lobby Refurbishment Resumes at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

With the final phase of the lobby refurbishment finally underway, it’s only a matter of time before we get a glimpse of the final result!

Upcoming changes to the lobby reportedly include a touch-up to the check-in area, complete with a redesign of the front desk. We’re also likely to see updated carpets and some other unspecified changes.

Disney has released a notice that Grand Floridian guests may experience noise in and around the lobby during the lobby refurbishment.

1713897181753.jpeg

The initial refurbishment began last summer when construction walls went up and the lobby was refreshed with reupholstered furniture.

*There are no pictures showing anything has begun yet. I’m hoping to find out later today. Is there anyone there currently that can report?

Last edited:
**UPDATE 6:00 pm: I just saw a current picture of the lobby, and work has not started at this time. There’s definitely a possibility it will begin any day now. I will keep this thread updated.

With the final phase of the lobby refurbishment finally underway, it’s only a matter of time before we get a glimpse of the final result!

Upcoming changes to the lobby reportedly include a touch-up to the check-in area, complete with a redesign of the front desk. We’re also likely to see updated carpets and some other unspecified changes.

Disney has released a notice that Grand Floridian guests may experience noise in and around the lobby during the lobby refurbishment.

View attachment 854254

The initial refurbishment began last summer when construction walls went up and the lobby was refreshed with reupholstered furniture.

*There are no pictures showing anything has begun yet. I’m hoping to find out later today. Is there anyone there currently that can report?
**UPDATE: I just saw a current picture of the lobby, and work has not started at this time. There’s definitely a possibility it will begin any day now. I will keep this thread updated.

View attachment 854254

Asking my daughter to keep me posted. I think she's scheduled all week.

We stayed in a Deluxe King in November. It was a lovely room with an amazing .Castle view. The only thing I really didn't like was that it was on the 2nd floor, but you can't get to the rooms part of the 2nd floor from the lobby elevator, so we either had to use the back elevator by Gasparillas or take the lobby elevator up to the 3rd floor, walk around and down the hall to the back elevator and then go back down a floor to the 2nd.

I haven't stayed in one since the renos, but I really enjoyed the deluxe king room. The one downside is they are kind of inconvenient to the lobby, since you have to take 2 elevators to get to it. But they are very convenient to the courtyard pool and the MK walking path.
Ah, thank you, kylenne! Yep, I can handle the elevators and we were always using the extremely useful elevator at the back. I will definitely consider the Kings.

We stayed in a Deluxe King in November. It was a lovely room with an amazing .Castle view. The only thing I really didn't like was that it was on the 2nd floor, but you can't get to the rooms part of the 2nd floor from the lobby elevator, so we either had to use the back elevator by Gasparillas or take the lobby elevator up to the 3rd floor, walk around and down the hall to the back elevator and then go back down a floor to the 2nd.

Hmm, the Castle views are certainly enticing. Whether they outweigh the frustration of the elevators remain to be seen. I will mull it over. Thank you for adding the view to my contemplations, though!

Man, I need to lay off the Coke Zero! When exactly was the furniture reupholstered? I was there in October and didn't notice.

I rembember the beautiful CL photos. I was hoping the main lobby would have a similar refurb.

When exactly was the furniture reupholstered? I was there in October and didn't notice.

Went back to my pictures from some of my recent stays. You can see a change in colors in 2022, but doesn’t look like any furniture has changed since the lobby was painted last summer.

Lobby November 2020
IMG_3119.jpeg

Lobby November 2021
IMG_3122.jpeg

Lobby Summer 2022
1714007761644.jpeg

Lobby Summer 2023

During Lobby Painting
IMG_3123.jpeg
1714034067618.jpeg

After Lobby Painting
1714034198872.jpeg
1714034249015.jpeg

Lobby Spring 2024

During Grand Cottage Setup
1714036313764.jpeg

After Grand Cottage
1714007705005.jpeg

Mickey Blog stated in THIS ARTICLE that the furniture was reupholstered on 9/1/23.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter