Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan on doing what you did, a split stay at CSR & WL in January. Can I ask a few questions?
How long were you at each resort? Would you stay longer or less a particular resort?
Did Disney transfer you belongings?
I see you used instacart to order groceries and liquor. How'd that go? I'm not familiar with instacart, will they deliver hard alcohol? We're looking at rum and whiskey? Were the grocery items satisfactory?

Glad you had a good trip!
Thanks!

I didn't notice an answer so...
I just did a split, normally a DVC'r but was late planning -stayed (2) night POFQ, (5) CSR. I would stay extra nights at WL if I were you, only because the amenities are better and it is much easier to get around.

Disney does transfer your luggage -just call bell services and they will pick up your bags in the am and will be at your new resort by 5pm.

Never used instacart but have used other services no problem -not sure about hard liquor

Just stayed at Casitas 4, rm 4433, from 10/18-10/23. It has not been refurbished yet but was fine, deff needs an update. We heard noise 2 days from them drilling into the pool right next to Casitas 4, not too bad as they did not start till 9 am like promised and it was over before we got back at 6pm. The other day we were just lounging in the room and just had to turn the tv up a few notches to drown it out, again not terrible- my husband even napped through it. We had a waterfront room, not preferred- I had asked for Casitas 4 as I was there at a conference and its my new favorite! We were right across from bus stop 2, 1st when coming back from the parks/1st to get picked up most of the time and shortest walk to my conferences. Took literally 9 minutes round trip for me to walk from the 4th floor to the pepper market and fill our mugs and come back to the room, I timed it one day! I do believe i saw a temporary bridge but cant confirm or deny that as we did not go to the pool. Hope this helps!

We've stayed in room 4430 twice. 4430 is the room right on the corner by the stairs. Absolutely love the location.

We plan on doing what you did, a split stay at CSR & WL in January. Can I ask a few questions?

How long were you at each resort?

For CS, we checked in on a Wednesday, left on Sunday. WL we checked in that Sunday and left Thursday (yesterday).

Would you stay longer or less a particular resort?
With the renovated room, we'd stay the full time at CS next time. Small things like USB ports on all the outlets, an actual k-cup machine, a nice TV and brand new furniture.

The two places have completely different vibes. CS, being that it's convention season, had a much more adult client base. We liked the feel of the resort, with how big it was and the quietness of the pool. WL is super impressive though, when you are sitting in the hot tub at night looking up at the building you'll just have to say wow. WL was much more family orientated, with kids running around everywhere. My son liked WL better, the pool and the splash pad was great for him and he always found someone to play with. Transportation was much better at WL though, the only complaint we had about CS was how long it took to get to the parks at times.

Did Disney transfer you belongings?
They said they could have, but we just took a taxi because no reason.

I see you used instacart to order groceries and liquor. How'd that go? I'm not familiar with instacart, will they deliver hard alcohol? We're looking at rum and whiskey? Were the grocery items satisfactory?
Instacart is the company that's gearing up to take on Amazon with their Whole Foods purchase. It's not affiliated with any one particular store but has stores sign on for them to be their digital online delivery service. They offer the different stores in the area, so for down there I could order from a Publix, Costo, CVS, (for some reason) Whole Foods (maybe Amazon hasn't pulled them down yet), and the local ABC liquor store. It will be two different delivery drivers if you order from two stores, and yes, they delivery anything the ABC store sells. I got a bottle of 94 proof Kraken rum.

Don't sign up until you are a few days away from your trip as you get your first delivery within 7 days free if it's over $50. Then you could sign up another adult in the room for another account to get a liquor order of over $50 delivered free as well. Grocery items were fine, was a pretty basic order, just some supplies to get us through the week, breakfast type things, some wine, chips, Cliff bars. Also ordered some fruit and such, no complaints about anything. You pick a delivery time and they show up. I had my cart all loaded and ready to go and pushed the delivery schedule button while the plane was coming in for landing. JetBlue, free wifi.

I heard rumors that Pepper Market (food court) is going to be closed starting in January 2018 for renovations. We are going the first week of February 2018. We always enjoy going to the food court for our breakfast. Does anyone know if the Pepper Market will be fully closed or only partially closed (e.g. seating area)?

You just contradicted yourself...don't ask phone cast members if you want accurate info.

Wow! This is the first time I’ve gotten a rude response to a post. How did o contradict myself?! I heard a rumor about Pepper Market on another Disney FB group yesterday so I just called Disney this morning to confirm the rumor. I’m not actually sure how that is contradictory?!

@gemduncan - this is false rumor.

To call the Pepper Market refurbishment a "false" rumor is really not at all accurate information ! :headache:
Yes, it may be an unsubstantiated rumor at this point , but to call it a false rumor makes it sound like there is some information that it definitely wont happen at all , which is really going out on a limb. If you have some info about the refurb NOT happening .......... sources?
Maybe it will, maybe it wont , but to call it "false" (like it will not happen) is a bit premature at this time.
There are multiple , reputable sources reporting that the Pepper market will be getting some kind of refurb starting in January 2018 .
We all know that Disney is not so quick on announcing refurbs , so why say that its a "false" rumor ? :confused:

Guess , we will all just have to wait a little more to see if the rumor materializes . Its up to Disney at this point to announce it, if its true.

For us, we already switched to POR , while it was still available.
I am trusting the reputable sources that Pepper Market will have some kind of refurb work starting in January.
As much as we love CSR, we dont want to deal with construction at the main food court area , if the rumors turn out to be true .

Last edited:
Wow! This is the first time I’ve gotten a rude response to a post. How did o contradict myself?! I heard a rumor about Pepper Market on another Disney FB group yesterday so I just called Disney this morning to confirm the rumor. I’m not actually sure how that is contradictory?!

Agreed ............. :sad2:

@gemduncan - this is false rumor.

I think it is too soon to label it false. It is unsubstantiated, yes, but from a generally reliable source. And Disney is not particularly known for announcing these things before the last minute, nor is there any good way for any of us to confirm or deny considering how uninformed and unreliable most phone cast members are.

The Pepper Market will be closing in January 2018. The call center does not get information timely and usually is the last to find out. It is closing for some work.

I just booked a short stay there in Feb and the confirmation email said all food places will be open! Yeah, right Disney! I can live without the Pepper Market but I wish they would tell us! I have never tried Las Ventanas (I'm not sure where exactly it is) but maybe I will look into it

Per Disney - During this time, our exceptional amenities including dining and merchandise locations, pools, La Vida Health Club with the spa and salon, and recreation activities such as beach volleyball, Iguana Arcade, Movies Under the Stars and more, will remain available for your enjoyment

Last edited:
The Pepper Market will be closing in January 2018. The call center does not get information timely and usually is the last to find out. It is closing for some work.

Have you heard anything about how long the work is supposed to last? Or if they'll be adding a temporary QS location/expanding the offerings at Cafe Rix while Pepper Market is closed?

what type of coffee maker is in the room and what type of coffee do they provide? thank you

K-Cup machines in the renovated rooms, those pod tea bag looking things in the non updated rooms.

Joffrey's coffee.. regular and decaf, and then also tea.

I am in Coranado springs for the first time and we are having issues that fliers for those fake pizza places are being shoved thru our door, if anyone can tell me who do i report this to? I didn't think this happened anymore, but I guess its because they are not closing the gate near the cabanas at all.

We are staying here one night during our marathon weekend trip and were planning on enjoying a relaxing day at the resort, so I’m bummed that it’s undergoing renovations (I didn’t realize that when I booked). Any way does anyone know if they are giving out construction pins as pixi dust? We stayed at wilderness lodge last year and got them. I thought it would be kind of neat if we got another set. Thanks!

We are staying here one night during our marathon weekend trip and were planning on enjoying a relaxing day at the resort, so I’m bummed that it’s undergoing renovations (I didn’t realize that when I booked). Any way does anyone know if they are giving out construction pins as pixi dust? We stayed at wilderness lodge last year and got them. I thought it would be kind of neat if we got another set. Thanks!
I had a set when i arrived yesterday I had never known that they did that in any of the resorts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter