Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody stayed in Ranchos 7a or 7b? We will not be using transport, and don't need to be near El Centro. We are looking for a quiet, refurbished room. How were those buildings for you?

Has anybody stayed in Ranchos 7a or 7b? We will not be using transport, and don't need to be near El Centro. We are looking for a quiet, refurbished room. How were those buildings for you?

DH & I stayed in 7B in August. It was not refurbished yet but was comfortable. I really liked the location - close to bus stop 4, the main pool and the new bridge to El Centro. Our room was on the first floor and looked onto a corner of the Ranchos Village Pool enclosure so we had a view of a garden area, very pretty. It was quiet too, so far as I remember.

so are the bus stops to the park like on the first page-

There are 4 stops around the resort:
Bus stop 1: El Centro
Bus stop 2: Cabanas
Bus stop 3: Ranchos
Bus stop 4: Casitas

However, the buses DO NOT visit the stops in that order. When the THEME PARK (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom) buses enter the resort they proceed to Bus stop 2, then 3, then 4, and lastly 1. When the DISNEY SPRINGS buses enter the resort they proceed to Bus stop 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. The thought process behind this transportation strategy is that you can hop on a THEME park bus to go to El Centro and then hop on a DISNEY SPRINGS bus and return to your room

I thought I read not to far back in a post that someone said the busses where full when they got to cabanas because it was the last stop to the theme parks?

Is there a charge to have diapers sent to the resort because it is a convention resort? I read on the first page it was $5-$10, is that how it works still and is it more to ship stuff home from there, rather then the $15 when you guy stuff in the theme parks and have it shipped home. I want to buy a bunch of presents form the outlet. thanks so much for the info.

Bus stop 2 is casitas
Bus stop 4 is cabanas

Would love advice from anyone on this- My family is planning on going to Coronado in January. Our main hope is to be near the Dig Site. In your experience, would you request Ranchos or Cabanas? I think both areas look really nice.

We just returned from staying in 7A & we loved it. We especially liked being removed from the construction area & we found Ranchos very peaceful & relaxing to come back to after a busy day in the parks. 7A is refurbished & I loved the more modern design of them.

We just returned from staying in 7A & we loved it. We especially liked being removed from the construction area & we found Ranchos very peaceful & relaxing to come back to after a busy day in the parks. 7A is refurbished & I loved the more modern design of them.
Ranchos 7A is going to be our number one request then, thank you. 31 days until check in :santa:

Would love advice from anyone on this- My family is planning on going to Coronado in January. Our main hope is to be near the Dig Site. In your experience, would you request Ranchos or Cabanas? I think both areas look really nice.
Cabanas 8A will put you closest to the main pool. Casitas 5 (north side) and Ranchos 7B (south side) are also good choices.

We get there dec 9th, hoping for 8a. Haven’t decided if we’ll decorate our window or not, can’t wait
I just got a great rate and recently switched a last minute December trip form POFQ to CSR! I placed a request for Cabanas 8A as well. Fingers crossed!!

I just got a great rate and recently switched a last minute December trip form POFQ to CSR! I placed a request for Cabanas 8A as well. Fingers crossed!!
I have been calling in almost every morning for 2 months to get in and finally a week ago it opened up. I was so excited.

I have been calling in almost every morning for 2 months to get in and finally a week ago it opened up. I was so excited.
It is crazy how the room inventory fluctuates, glad you were able to get it! Persistence is key!!

This will be my first stay at CSR and I am excited to try it out!

@saskdw - might be a 50, I have a bad sense for size. Whatever size it is, it's more than enough.

So, without further ado, here's the video, filmed in ultra hd 4k hdr vr for your viewing pleasure. No it's not, my phone is a 59 dollar potato, but it gets the point across.

Just to confirm, the food in the fridge is yours? These aren't mini bars, but empty fridges in the rooms. We need an empty fridge to store meds.

Is there a charge to have diapers sent to the resort because it is a convention resort? I read on the first page it was $5-$10...

I don't know about shipping costs for items shipped home, (that will depend on weight/size of box, and how/where it is being shipped) but all Disney Resorts are now supposed to charge $5 per box (up to $15 per box at Convention Centers) to receive and store shipments for all Guests, including diapers, cases of water, pop, etc. The only exception to the rule that I am personally aware of is for rental medical equipment delivered from a medical supply company.

We were told by a CM that (especially at the Convention Center Resorts) Bell Services at every Resort hotel was being inundated with packages & deliveries; people shipping in groceries, pop, water, diapers, toilet paper, etc. and it has been causing storage problems, especially when the shipments arrive a week before the Guest does.

Since the fee started being assessed, our experience has been the Deluxes have always "waived" our package fees, but Mods and Values tend to make sure that sucker is on the room charge... Your mileage may vary.

Just to confirm, the food in the fridge is yours? These aren't mini bars, but empty fridges in the rooms. We need an empty fridge to store meds.

Yes, anything in the fridge pics is stocked by the guest. All Disney resorts have in-room mini-fridges that are empty when you arrive. Make sure to check the temperature adjustment - sometimes they're practically warm, I assume because they've been turned to the warmest temp to save energy when they're not in use.

Thanks.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to request an empty one. I thought with CS being a convention hotel, maybe they were doing something new and had added a mini bar to cater toward business guests.

And we aren't depending on the in-room fridge as they can be iffy, too warm, too cold. I've already spoken to the hotel, and they have other larger refrigerators we can use to store meds in if it comes to that, but obviously, we'd prefer to keep the meds with us in the room if possible.

On our last day, we are planning lunch at T-Rex and I'd like to pick up sandwiches from EOS to eat at the airport prior to clearing security (we have a 9PM flight). Does CSR have a fridge of some kind available to "hold" the sandwiches until our DME pick up around 6PM?

On our last day, we are planning lunch at T-Rex and I'd like to pick up sandwiches from EOS to eat at the airport prior to clearing security (we have a 9PM flight). Does CSR have a fridge of some kind available to "hold" the sandwiches until our DME pick up around 6PM?

Bell services has a fridge.

Great and it would not be out of line to ask to hold the sandwiches? Maybe if we brought an extra for them?? And of course we would tip for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!