Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my preflight hotel in Denver. Got the extreme pleasure (NOT) of getting to drive in a snowstorm to Denver. But the hotel I am staying at before flying out tomorrow surprised me with wine and cheese and an executive suite room for the night! WOW. Vaca is starting off well!! Hope to see some of you at CSR. I am booked in a preferred King which should be in Casitas 1,2,or 3

For travel to Animal Kingdom, give yourself an hour and a half. Might sound ridiculous, but no, work that into your plans.

It's a long wait for the bus. I am pretty convinced there is only one bus running the entire route.

We have a 6 night stay play dine booked in Jan. for a standard room and due to flights have decided to add another night on the end of the trip that will be room only (not able to extend package) but the only room I could book for that last night is a water view. I did get it with a visa discount and I am ok paying a little more for that one night since I have no choice BUT I really don't want to have to change rooms fro that last night.

Do you think they will let me stay in the standard room for that last night and not move to a water view. Even if I still pay the water view rate. ??

Just decided on flights and now need to book an extra night. The Disney website says that there is no availability! I also checked dates a couple months before and after my stay and they are unavailable as well. Hopefully it's just a website glitch or these rooms are all going to be refurbished at that time. I hope something opens up!

Just decided on flights and now need to book an extra night. The Disney website says that there is no availability! I also checked dates a couple months before and after my stay and they are unavailable as well. Hopefully it's just a website glitch or these rooms are all going to be refurbished at that time. I hope something opens up!
Did you try third parties like travelocity or orbitz? Sometimes they have different options from the disney site.

~Cari~ pluto:

I haven't read all the posts, so I apologize if this has been asked before. We are going the first week of February 2018. Are the pools heated?

Did you try third parties like travelocity or orbitz? Sometimes they have different options from the disney site.

~Cari~ pluto:

Yes. They are showing no availability either. We are going in March, so there is still a bit of time. I will keep checking. I'm trying to add on a room at the beginning of our stay, if I can't get one, any recommendations on where to stay that night. I would like to stay onsite as opposed to the airport or something. Somewhere it is relatively easy to get to CSR in the morning.

Thanks!

For travel to Animal Kingdom, give yourself an hour and a half. Might sound ridiculous, but no, work that into your plans.

It's a long wait for the bus. I am pretty convinced there is only one bus running the entire route.

Dang, and that’s our first park!! Thanks for the tip!

I'm getting concerned about the bus service. Just read the hour and a half for a bus to AK and an hour to MK! We have always stayed at Pop (about 10 trips) and never waited that long for a bus. EVER! I thought we upgraded to a moderate but I don't want to pay more to wait longer.

Was just talking to someone at the hot tub who is staying in a non renovated room, they do not have k-cup makers and instead have the more basic tea bag kind of pod machines.

I'm getting concerned about the bus service. Just read the hour and a half for a bus to AK and an hour to MK! We have always stayed at Pop (about 10 trips) and never waited that long for a bus. EVER! I thought we upgraded to a moderate but I don't want to pay more to wait longer.

I've stayed at CSR 5 times and never had a bus problrm. Never more than 20 minutes. Usually under 10.

This past stay we were moved to AKL and the bus service was horrible. Coming and going from any park. WE had waits 45-60 leaving parks and that was not after shows/parades.

I think this can be said, both ways, about just about all resorts served by busses. MOST of the time, the busses do a good job of moving the masses. Sometimes it’s not great. But in 15+ trips, I have been more satisfied than not.

Regarding buses: sound like they are sucking everywhere right now. There is road work around Disney and some buses are being rerouted. Give yourself a little extra time, and try to pack your patience.

Yes. They are showing no availability either. We are going in March, so there is still a bit of time. I will keep checking. I'm trying to add on a room at the beginning of our stay, if I can't get one, any recommendations on where to stay that night. I would like to stay onsite as opposed to the airport or something. Somewhere it is relatively easy to get to CSR in the morning.

Thanks!

We tried for months to add a night on to the beginning of our free dining stay over Thanksgiving. We tried booking one or two nights, separate reservations, extending our original stay, every possible configuration--all to no avail. Finally, a TA from that magical agency was able to contact Disney's conventions group (which NONE of the Disney agents, even guest relations, are able to do) and reserve us the exact rooms and dates we were hoping for!

We also haven't seen anything as bad as the hour and a half in our trips either, so something must be going on.

But for my AK example, if you miss the bus, which we assume we did, it was 45 minutes to the next one, which is pretty nuts. Then it's 15 minutes to the park, then 10 minutes to get in through security and tickets and up into the main hub. So maybe not exactly an hour and a half but it was bad.

Anyway, tonight is our last night. Off ton Wilderness Lodge tomorrow. After being in this refurb room I don't see how the next one will compare. We would stay here again for sure if we knew we could get one of these rooms. Almost don't want to go to WL but we won't be back to Disney for quite some time so it's the last chance we have to check out a different hotel.

Did marshmallows by the fire tonight, staff was all having fun and we ate many of them. Pool and hot tub again, it was chilly and raining but didn't matter, still went out there.

Other random things.. Nachos from the food counter by the pool are good snack for three people.

Instacart delivery of food, wine, and rum was very easy, they met me at the lobby for the drop off.

Go jogging around the whole resort early in the morning, before the sun comes up. It's interesting to see all the theming in the different areas. I do feel spoiled being in 8A though, our area feels a bit exclusive compared to some of the really large buildings in the other sections. But that's just me speaking as a renovated room elitist. Also seeing the whole place in the dark and watching the sun come up is a great sight.

I guess that's it. Wish we had more time here, or a few more non park days. Still no clue what all the complaints were about. I will think on it for a few days and come back with some nitpicking if we really need at least one or two things to complain about.

Thanks!
What's the date you're looking to add on? Have you checked with travel agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter