Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our experience this week. Great front of house CM's. Deplorable housekeeping, out of 5 nights the room was serviced one time. Constant excuses why we did not get maid service. Told to call so I called at 7am when leaving only to return at 4 with no service. This was on multiple days.

We had a renovated room but the floors were so dirty that if you walked on them the soles of your feet were black. Shower was also dirty upon check in.

Our experience this week. Great front of house CM's. Deplorable housekeeping, out of 5 nights the room was serviced one time. Constant excuses why we did not get maid service. Told to call so I called at 7am when leaving only to return at 4 with no service. This was on multiple days.

We had a renovated room but the floors were so dirty that if you walked on them the soles of your feet were black. Shower was also dirty upon check in.
That's awful:sad2: I hope I don't have any issues next month when we arrive.

I wonder if it had something to do with a mix up in staffing with Cabanas 8A just opening up? I've had my room missed a few times at other resorts and they came rushing over with a number of staff to clean it quickly. Although, I called later in the afternoon as opposed to later in the evening.

We are in building 7a right now. Love the new room. Our housekeeping is wonderful. We come back to the room about 2:00 each day and our room is done. Baler31...you should get a discount for having to deal with that. Right now, we are in our room trying to nap. They are next door drilling. The two rooms beside us look unfinished. Everything wrapped in plastic. Not sure if they are still upgrading or if they are having to change something.

:cloud9: Checked in yesterday: 8A :cloud9:

The location is perfect...right beside the main pool and so close to a bus stop. The walk across the new bridge feels super short. DH is super impressed with the new rooms! The beds are very firm and the headboards have these great little reading lights built in. My favorite part is definitely the new showers! :worship: I adore the dual shower heads and the handheld one makes washing my daughter's long hair SOOO much easier! Rolling glass doors are wonderful, too. A word of warning about the lock on the pocket door: it's new/stiff and sticks...don't let children lock themselves in or they may not be able to get it undone.

The floors do get dusty quickly. They seemed clean when we entered, but after shuffling around in shoes and walking to put stuff away, my feet did seem a little dirty. This is no different than the carpet, except that that hid it better.

Only "negative" is the water pipes are VERY loud. Someone was showering either above or next to us and it seemed louder than when someone was showering in our own room. That's never happened before. Toilets sounds from other rooms seem quieter.

We just got back from a 5 night stay at CS R. It was our first time staying there (have dvc but were out of points). We really enjoyed it! We had an early flight and checked in around 11 am. I requested a renovated room and the cm said we got the last renovated room that was ready! The room was very nice, tons of light and storage which was great. Our room seemed a little far from the parking lot, but no biggie. The thing we liked most was that the resort seemed so close to all the parks! None of them were a long drive away (we had a rental car). No problems with construction at all. Would definitively stay there again!
Just wondering how you made your request, in advance (if so how) or upon arrival to CSR?

Just wondering how you made your request, in advance (if so how) or upon arrival to CSR?

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so it's best to have your requests noted before you arrive. You can do it vs anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Has anyone ever stayed at CSR when the hotel is just about at capacity? We're staying when free dining begins in December. Buzz's Facebook page notes that there will be a chess convention there for part of our trip, and Pop Warner stays should be ending. I know it's just about at capacity at that time because when I needed to make a change on my reservation, the CM was just going to make a new one, and the CM said her computer showed no rooms available. Can anyone tell me what their experience was like when CSR is full or close to full? I'm concerned about bussing and crowds at the Dig Site. We normally stay at Pop, and we've had great experiences there with bussing. The last time we stayed at a moderate (POR), we were not impressed with transportation. I'd love to hear some words of reassurance, but at the same time, I'd appreciate honesty. Thanks!

have
Has anyone ever stayed at CSR when the hotel is just about at capacity? We're staying when free dining begins in December. Buzz's Facebook page notes that there will be a chess convention there for part of our trip, and Pop Warner stays should be ending. I know it's just about at capacity at that time because when I needed to make a change on my reservation, the CM was just going to make a new one, and the CM said her computer showed no rooms available. Can anyone tell me what their experience was like when CSR is full or close to full? I'm concerned about bussing and crowds at the Dig Site. We normally stay at Pop, and we've had great experiences there with bussing. The last time we stayed at a moderate (POR), we were not impressed with transportation. I'd love to hear some words of reassurance, but at the same time, I'd appreciate honesty. Thanks!

We have stayed at CSR that week, and are booked again for this year. Often the resort shows sold out since they are holding aside large group blocks, rooms can free up when the group allotment is finalized closer to the trip. The chess attendees we've encountered in the past are a lot quieter than Pop Warner! Other than the food court and mug refill stations and now and then waiting for park busses we didn't see much of either group.

When CSR is really full there is a bit more activity in Pepper Market, more people at the bus stops toward the end of their events, often adults at the bars, and if weather permits extra people at the pools, but it still isn't too bad. We've stayed at CSR over a dozen times and have not really seen a huge impact from large events. Conference attendees are at private events (both days and some evenings) and sometimes have catered group meals, they are not often in the parks or other public places.

As far as bus service, we find CSR to be better than the other moderates. Every now and then there is a hiccup but that than happen at any resort.

Last time we stayed there was during Free Dining. I don't know how close to capacity the resort was, but it seemed like it was pretty full. We had no issues other than waiting a little longer for buses than we had at All Stars. But we'd never waited more than 3-4 minutes there, so that's relative.

Is The Rix Lounge still open. Does it have a DJ? I will be going with my 21y/o daughter in August
:cutie:

I jad called 5 days before checking in to request a refurbished room, but I got the feeling that the cm was the one who got it for us when I checked in. I purposefully didn't do online check in for this reason. When she was doing our ck in and I mentioned wanting a refurbed room, she said something about how they're aren't that many refurbished rooms, but she checked and said she got us the last one available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter