Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stayed in a refurbed room and it had charging outlets over the nightstand. Also had charging outlets over the long desk area.

It was our first CS stay and the room was great. Housekeeping was good. We were in Cabanas 8A. Close to the dig site pool and by the bridge to the lobby. It was a great location for us. It was our first stay on a ground floor and we liked it. My kids loved the pool. The only problem we had was the buses. Not sure if it was bad luck but buses from the parks to the resort were really slow. On our last MK day we had to wait 50 minutes for a bus to show at the stop. A couple of other times it was a 30 minute wait. I've only stayed on property once before and it was POP. We didn't have to wait very long for buses that trip.
I will never understand why Disney hasn't figured out how to handle buses at park close better. I doesn't seem to matter where we stay, there's always a long wait. You would think after so many years they would've come up with a better solution. We've just started hanging around in the park for a little while longer and let the mass exodus happen before we head out. Then the lines usually aren't as obnoxious. There can still be long waits, but at least there aren't as many crabby people to have to deal with. :scared:

We had our first stay at CS in May of this year and we really enjoyed it too. I loved the proximity to the parks and DS. It made for shorter bus rides. :) We usually had good luck with the buses from the resort to the parks too. I think we only had one time where we waited 20 minutes. It was usually around 10 minutes. I know this is hit or miss and can change at any time and from resort to resort, but it's nice to get the "hits" once in a while. :cool1:

Thank you for this info! Disappointing (and tiring) that the buses weren't prompt. Were they okay going TO the parks? Also, if you don't mind me picking your brain, were the buses ever standing-room-only on the way to the parks? Thanks for sharing!

I was near bus stop 4 (so we were the 3rd stop). Only once, we had to stand on the way to the park. And only 2 of the 4 people in our family had to stand. And it wasn't crammed standing, there was room for more. But we are early risers to most bus trips were early morning before parks opened. I'm sure that makes a difference. We never seemed to wait long for a buses going to the park, maybe 20 minutes at the most. Which made it seem even weirder that buses from parks to the resort took so darn long.

Aside from the temporary bus stop at the front, do the bus stops have the estimated arrival time TV screens like the other resorts?

Yes they had the tv screens at the other 3 bus stops. The temporary one at the front had a CM there that could give you an estimated arrival time. Not sure how accurate they were.

I will never understand why Disney hasn't figured out how to handle buses at park close better. I doesn't seem to matter where we stay, there's always a long wait. You would think after so many years they would've come up with a better solution. We've just started hanging around in the park for a little while longer and let the mass exodus happen before we head out. Then the lines usually aren't as obnoxious. There can still be long waits, but at least there aren't as many crabby people to have to deal with. :scared:

We had our first stay at CS in May of this year and we really enjoyed it too. I loved the proximity to the parks and DS. It made for shorter bus rides. :) We usually had good luck with the buses from the resort to the parks too. I think we only had one time where we waited 20 minutes. It was usually around 10 minutes. I know this is hit or miss and can change at any time and from resort to resort, but it's nice to get the "hits" once in a while. :cool1:

The 50 minute wait was during the day it was around 12:30/1. And it seemed like it was during a shift change. But all the other resorts didn't have such a long layover (at least the stops we could see). We saw many that had 2 or 3 buses go to the same resort before we saw 1 Coronado bus. We did stay for HS closing one night and that was a 30 minute wait. The other time 2 buses came back to back like one was taking so long that the dispatcher ordered a second one. Hmmm now I can't remember what park that was. Maybe AK. Yes I know our AK day was a long wait, it was in the afternoon but it was July 4th so I just figured it was a bad transportation day.

I was thinking the long wait for buses was typical for a moderate with multiple bus stops at the hotel. This was our first stay at a moderate so I'm completely guessing.

I was near bus stop 4 (so we were the 3rd stop). Only once, we had to stand on the way to the park. And only 2 of the 4 people in our family had to stand. And it wasn't crammed standing, there was room for more. But we are early risers to most bus trips were early morning before parks opened. I'm sure that makes a difference. We never seemed to wait long for a buses going to the park, maybe 20 minutes at the most. Which made it seem even weirder that buses from parks to the resort took so darn long.

Yes they had the tv screens at the other 3 bus stops. The temporary one at the front had a CM there that could give you an estimated arrival time. Not sure how accurate they were.

The 50 minute wait was during the day it was around 12:30/1. And it seemed like it was during a shift change. But all the other resorts didn't have such a long layover (at least the stops we could see). We saw many that had 2 or 3 buses go to the same resort before we saw 1 Coronado bus. We did stay for HS closing one night and that was a 30 minute wait. The other time 2 buses came back to back like one was taking so long that the dispatcher ordered a second one. Hmmm now I can't remember what park that was. Maybe AK. Yes I know our AK day was a long wait, it was in the afternoon but it was July 4th so I just figured it was a bad transportation day.

I was thinking the long wait for buses was typical for a moderate with multiple bus stops at the hotel. This was our first stay at a moderate so I'm completely guessing.

We check in on Wednesday and are planning to do 8:00 AM EMH for each park. I was planning to get to the bus stop by 6:45am. Is that too early or not early enough? I like to be at the front of the rope drop crowd.

We are booked for March 2018 and I had a question about the refurbed rooms. We are booked in standard. I believe all standard rooms are 2 queen beds. Do these rooms have tubs to give kids a bath in? When looking at Buzz's pictures of the rooms with 2 queens, I think I see a tub. But when looking at the recent easywdw review of a king room, there is only a tray shower. Can anybody confirm that the standard, 2 queen rooms have a tub?

Thanks!
We just got back. We had one of the new rooms in 7a and we did not have a tub, just a beautiful walk in shower. I loved it!!!

We check in on Wednesday and are planning to do 8:00 AM EMH for each park. I was planning to get to the bus stop by 6:45am. Is that too early or not early enough? I like to be at the front of the rope drop crowd.

Buses start rolling at 6:30, so being at the bus stop by 6:45 sounds perfect.

I just read that both Casitas 1 and 3 will be closed soon (at the same time). Can anyone confirm? I have 3 preferred rooms booked at the end of August. I don't really like the idea of being surrounded by construction but I'm also concerned about getting bumped.

According to Buzz's site, casita 1 and 3 will be rehabbed and only 2 will be available for the month of August.

I believe kings have stand up and queens have tub

We stayed in both a queen and a king last weekend. Both had the glass walk-in shower.
I was wondering about the shower for little ones as well.

We had requested a king and but in error they assigned us a queen and did not get a new room until night two.

A few observations after staying back to back in a queen then a king:
The queen bed was much firmer! We much preferred the king bed.
We had assumed the beds would be the same from one room to another.

The queen room was on the top floor, we had a hard time getting the room cool enough (it was really hot out!!). This was not a problem on the bottom floor.

Otherwise, the rooms were identical and beautifully renovated. Clean and fresh!

we are going in August. last time we stayed in 8A... this time I was thinking of requesting 5 top floor, facing 3. We have a standard room. Has anyone stayed there? We try to get a place between food court and pool.. buses are not of concern as we will be using our POV.
a newer room would probably make the wife happier :) but 2 queen beds seem to work for us.

TIA :)
John

We just got back from a 9 night stay at CSR and had one of the newly renovated rooms in Ranchos 7A. A few days into the stay, a lot of construction workers showed up and they were there still working on the rooms all the way down the length of the building. In fact it seemed after the people around us checked out, the constructions workers moved in. Seemed like they were doing repair work but I couldn't tell. A friend staying in the room above us also thought the rooms down her side of the building on that floor were empty and being worked on also.

Also we had a major incident Sunday when our bathroom started to flood from water coming from above. We could hear the water falling down in the area where the door slides between the bathroom/sink area and it was pooling on the tile floor. We called housekeeping and ended up using all of our towels - it was a lot of water. Two maintenance workers came asap and both mentioned they are having problems with the new rooms and additional work is having to be done. Once they arrived we took off for the parks (had already missed our Mine Train fast pass due to this - ugh). Thank goodness though we were still in the room. I noticed when we checked in the the bathroom floor was a little wet - in hindsight I think it may have been leaking for awhile just not as much. I can see how it could turn into a mold issue since it's through the walls.

Otherwise a great stay - loved the new rooms actually despite the problems. IMHO the food at the Pepper Market has gone downhill. So many more and better choices for breakfast pastries this past April (for example). The potatoes I got with my omelette were cold and oily. The choice of grab and go beverages to go with the QS meals (we had a meal plan) were super limited. Resort is beautiful and overall I'd stay there again without hesitation.

Some rooms in rancho 7A are experiencing some water issues after the renovations
When we were there June 5-12 our shower wasn't draining properly. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was surprised because the room had just been renovated.

When we were there June 5-12 our shower wasn't draining properly. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was surprised because the room had just been renovated.

For us the water was flowing between the walls where the bathroom door slides in to close it off from the sink area. The door was wet (if we slid it in) and water was flowing out the bottom and coming into the bathroom/sink area.

From looking in the rooms next to us, they had covered the floors and beds with cardboard and plastic wrap so as not to damage them from whatever work they're doing. We sometimes heard loud drilling noises.

We are staying this coming November. We requested a ground floor room. My wife and I both use ECVs. Are there elevators in case we don't get a ground floor unit?

I remember there being elevators, even in the two floor bldgs. don't worry

john

Blog Mickey showing plans for RESTAURANT over water in middle of lake ... says construction on resort to be done in 2019.

http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/coronado-springs-resort-receive-overwater-restaurant/

csr-overwater-restaurant-permit-2-1068x713.jpg

csr-overwater-restaurant-permit-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter