Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Does anyone know what days in the week there is a chef at the royal palm club at the grand? I heard there is a chef sometimes so I want to make sure my one night reservation falls on that day.

My Mom asked the chef on their last RPC stay and he said there's no set schedule.

Does anyone know what days in the week there is a chef at the royal palm club at the grand? I heard there is a chef sometimes so I want to make sure my one night reservation falls on that day.
We stayed M-Th nights and there was only a chef out on Wednesday night. She was making creme brulees and she had a set amount to caramelize. Once they were gone, she left.

I did fri and sat 12/1, 2 . Only Friday.

Sugarnloaf 5 nights in January none.

5/26-28 rpc none.

I wish they did it more. The soup at lunch is every day FYI and they added meats n breads to make small sandwiches. That's a nice addition.

Our Poly trip is right around the corner. Every time we’ve stayed they never have bottled water for those of us who don’t drink soda. Are they still only doing the carafe of water for your room? I want to make sure I have a refillable bottle with me. Thanks!
I have gotten those carafes many times. Last time they said they do run out sometimes.

I find it easier to fill the paper juice cups with lid and carry 3 as a stack back to the room with some straws. Hope that helps you. (Could use the coffee cups too/sturdier)

I have gotten those carafes many times. Last time they said they do run out sometimes.

I find it easier to fill the paper juice cups with lid and carry 3 as a stack back to the room with some straws. Hope that helps you. (Could use the coffee cups too/sturdier)
We’ve been pretty lucky to get a carafe most times. I usually pour a cup of water in the coffee cups on the way to the parks. Need to stay hydrated in that summer heat

I cannot remember the exact nights a chef was there. We arrived on a Wednesday and checked out the following Wednesday. A chef was present two of our nights: cream brûlée one night and chicken pasta the other. We also had a chef two mornings preparing Mickey waffles. Sorry I could not recall the exact dates.

We are (sadly) back from our very short stay at the Polynesian, where we spent just one night at the end of our "mini-moon". We arrived on Saturday morning (6/2) and checked out yesterday. I'd arranged for an Oasis Pool Patio on Saturday to be sure we had some shade. We had the opportunity to experience breakfast and afternoon snacks in the lounge both days, and enjoyed the Ahiahi appetizers on Saturday. I only brought a camera/phone to the lounge a handful of times so apologies for the relatively few photos.

HRFSzbc.png

View from the lounge

Fhmokq4.png

sYbrX7x.png

fGPxH28.png

Breakfast offerings included a very juicy thick carved turkey, chorizo, cheeses, oatmeal with toppings, hard boiled eggs, cereals, pastry, chilled yogurt parfaits, and some fairly nice fruit. Sunday's offerings were similar but there was ham instead of turkey. We especially enjoyed the strawberries and pastries.

QMKXWi5.png

I booked the Oasis pool patio in early February - the full day was $74.55 including tax, charged when I made the reservation. The DSS agents told me I could not make a location request in advance but that I could ask recreation staff when I arrived about requesting a specific one of the three patios - we just did not want the center one. We ended up being assigned one of the side ones anyway, so I don't know if that was luck or if my request actually made it through. It was also a little confusing because we were told multiple times we needed to check in with the recreation CMs (and were told this as well at the check-in in Hawaii when we arrived and asked about the recreation CM location) but we found our name on the reserved sign on the patio and never needed to check in with anyone at all. We really enjoyed having this space and the peace of mind of the shade all day and we used it until very late in the afternoon so I think it was well worth the price. I made a monster out of my husband who loved it and wanted to reserve one for Sunday too! (It rained Sunday afternoon so we never made it back to the pool).

UroGyCD.png

Beverage service was offered all day starting around 11:00 am. As others have previously mentioned, you are welcome to bring your drink into the pool with you. We loved that!

Once the lounge stocked beer in the fridge we were able to fill our insulated tumblers with beer from the lounge and enjoyed those at the pool. Afternoon snacks were tasty and we loved the smoked almonds and macadamia nuts. We brought Captain Cook's back to the patio for lunch and enjoyed it there.

By5i2VY.png

The toiletries offered

Our room ready text came at 1:00, and we had room 1518 - it is on the lagoon/theme park view side of the building and I am not sure whether this is still classified as lagoon view or if they have moved it to standard (which is what I booked). It is what I would call a garden view (if they had such a thing) as it is a very secluded patio with a full on view of landscaping, but if you crane and stretch you can see space mountain and the castle. There's a lovely view of the Grand Floridian off to the left. You *can* see the lagoon but I would not be happy if I thought I was getting an upgraded view and really just had views of the bungalows and a big palm.

roiSXif.png

0XAwtCi.png

We found the lounge very relaxing. The snacks and refreshments were tasty but were hit hard by other guests which was somewhat off-putting. I overheard two CMs quietly discussing that another guest had taken EVERY SINGLE CHEDDAR CHEESE CUBE from the platter during the appetizer serving period. Beer was depleted quickly (but refilled fairly regularly, though there were multiple times that the fridge was bare except for Bud Light). The CMs were kind and we had a nice chat with one CM in particular when I was wearing my "just married" button but otherwise we did not find them overly friendly or chatty. It didn't bother me, and there was nothing wrong at all with our experience, but it was just sort of utilitarian.

I know a common question on this thread is "Is Club Level worth it?" or "Should I splurge?" and I think everyone should try the experience once in order to form their own opinion on how it works for their family, but we are probably not rushing back to the CL experience unless we are able to find a good discount that makes CL just nominally more than a standard room. All in all, we love eating at Disney and the restaurants on property are a huge part of our vacation experience, so we don't necessarily need the lounge refreshments. Since we were doing a resort only stay, we didn't need CL assistance with planning reservations or fastpasses, so we definitely weren't able to take full advantage of the Club offerings or experience. I would definitely recommend it for a more luxurious or splurge type feel, I just didn't find that the CL experience added as much to our enjoyment as I thought it would. However, we loved the Poly and can't wait to return some day! It was the perfect choice for our resort-only stay.

Oh... and an update to the beer fridge offerings for @GADisneyDad14 :thumbsup2 - the offerings I saw and remember are Bud Light, Kona Wailua Wheat, Kona Longboard Lager, Angry Orchard Cider, and Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA (which was the one I hadn't seen mentioned before).

We are (sadly) back from our very short stay at the Polynesian, where we spent just one night at the end of our "mini-moon". We arrived on Saturday morning (6/2) and checked out yesterday. I'd arranged for an Oasis Pool Patio on Saturday to be sure we had some shade. We had the opportunity to experience breakfast and afternoon snacks in the lounge both days, and enjoyed the Ahiahi appetizers on Saturday. I only brought a camera/phone to the lounge a handful of times so apologies for the relatively few photos.

HRFSzbc.png

View from the lounge

Fhmokq4.png

sYbrX7x.png

fGPxH28.png

Breakfast offerings included a very juicy thick carved turkey, chorizo, cheeses, oatmeal with toppings, hard boiled eggs, cereals, pastry, chilled yogurt parfaits, and some fairly nice fruit. Sunday's offerings were similar but there was ham instead of turkey. We especially enjoyed the strawberries and pastries.

QMKXWi5.png

I booked the Oasis pool patio in early February - the full day was $74.55 including tax, charged when I made the reservation. The DSS agents told me I could not make a location request in advance but that I could ask recreation staff when I arrived about requesting a specific one of the three patios - we just did not want the center one. We ended up being assigned one of the side ones anyway, so I don't know if that was luck or if my request actually made it through. It was also a little confusing because we were told multiple times we needed to check in with the recreation CMs (and were told this as well at the check-in in Hawaii when we arrived and asked about the recreation CM location) but we found our name on the reserved sign on the patio and never needed to check in with anyone at all. We really enjoyed having this space and the peace of mind of the shade all day and we used it until very late in the afternoon so I think it was well worth the price. I made a monster out of my husband who loved it and wanted to reserve one for Sunday too! (It rained Sunday afternoon so we never made it back to the pool).

UroGyCD.png

Beverage service was offered all day starting around 11:00 am. As others have previously mentioned, you are welcome to bring your drink into the pool with you. We loved that!

Once the lounge stocked beer in the fridge we were able to fill our insulated tumblers with beer from the lounge and enjoyed those at the pool. Afternoon snacks were tasty and we loved the smoked almonds and macadamia nuts. We brought Captain Cook's back to the patio for lunch and enjoyed it there.

By5i2VY.png

The toiletries offered

Our room ready text came at 1:00, and we had room 1518 - it is on the lagoon/theme park view side of the building and I am not sure whether this is still classified as lagoon view or if they have moved it to standard (which is what I booked). It is what I would call a garden view (if they had such a thing) as it is a very secluded patio with a full on view of landscaping, but if you crane and stretch you can see space mountain and the castle. There's a lovely view of the Grand Floridian off to the left. You *can* see the lagoon but I would not be happy if I thought I was getting an upgraded view and really just had views of the bungalows and a big palm.

roiSXif.png

0XAwtCi.png

We found the lounge very relaxing. The snacks and refreshments were tasty but were hit hard by other guests which was somewhat off-putting. I overheard two CMs quietly discussing that another guest had taken EVERY SINGLE CHEDDAR CHEESE CUBE from the platter during the appetizer serving period. Beer was depleted quickly (but refilled fairly regularly, though there were multiple times that the fridge was bare except for Bud Light). The CMs were kind and we had a nice chat with one CM in particular when I was wearing my "just married" button but otherwise we did not find them overly friendly or chatty. It didn't bother me, and there was nothing wrong at all with our experience, but it was just sort of utilitarian.

I know a common question on this thread is "Is Club Level worth it?" or "Should I splurge?" and I think everyone should try the experience once in order to form their own opinion on how it works for their family, but we are probably not rushing back to the CL experience unless we are able to find a good discount that makes CL just nominally more than a standard room. All in all, we love eating at Disney and the restaurants on property are a huge part of our vacation experience, so we don't necessarily need the lounge refreshments. Since we were doing a resort only stay, we didn't need CL assistance with planning reservations or fastpasses, so we definitely weren't able to take full advantage of the Club offerings or experience. I would definitely recommend it for a more luxurious or splurge type feel, I just didn't find that the CL experience added as much to our enjoyment as I thought it would. However, we loved the Poly and can't wait to return some day! It was the perfect choice for our resort-only stay.

Oh... and an update to the beer fridge offerings for @GADisneyDad14 :thumbsup2 - the offerings I saw and remember are Bud Light, Kona Wailua Wheat, Kona Longboard Lager, Angry Orchard Cider, and Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA (which was the one I hadn't seen mentioned before).
Glad you had a great time and congrats!

Bit of a strange question: can you book a guest in 2 rooms at the same resort? I know I have read that you can actually book yourself in 2 different resorts & Disney has no issue with it. We have a club level room booked at YC on a bounceback rate from last December. My DDIL just asked me for my thoughts on the YC. They did not know we are going but are actually looking at booking the same dates we will be there. We would not be comfortable all in the same room, but I am wondering if they book a regular room at YC, can I also add them to my room? I would like them to be able to join us in the lounge. And book the extra CL fastpasses with us.

Not trying to "pull a fast one" or do anything inappropriate. But I know we would pay the extra adult charge which I would be fine with. If I had known they were considering this trip, I would have just booked 2 rooms with the bounce back offer, but it is too late for that now. I know they would not spend the money on club level, but I'd just like to do something nice for them. Thanks!

Hi all, can anyone let me know which club lounges have seats specifically for small children? we've only stayed at Beach Club, Poly and AKL CL and they all have the special little seating areas with kids TV but wondering if Yacht Club and BWI also have it as well? Also, is BWI maybe not as kid friendly as the rest? any info would be appreciated. thank you!

Hi all, can anyone let me know which club lounges have seats specifically for small children? we've only stayed at Beach Club, Poly and AKL CL and they all have the special little seating areas with kids TV but wondering if Yacht Club and BWI also have it as well? Also, is BWI maybe not as kid friendly as the rest? any info would be appreciated. thank you!

As of last August the BWI did not have kid seating. I would never say the BWI is not kid friendly. We have been going to the BWI for many years and it is our kids favorite for CM friendliness. Our kids also love that they have empty snack bags with ties out daily to make your own to go snacks. Not all of the CLs do this.

The CR has a few kids seating just past the food. We have not been to the WL since the renovation - but before they did have kid seating. I hope that helps.

This is the kids area at YC. They have peanut butter & jelly cups out with rolls, “pigs in a blanket” with ketchup for dipping, couple of kid friendly cold cereals etc. Food offerings would be pretty similar if not identical to BC. I would say it is as kid friendly as anywhere else. There are always families there. However, because it is also a conference hotel, there are often more adults in business/ conference/ networking mode around too. Just something to be aware of.
CB9DE393-B88C-434E-A4C9-9D521056E67B.jpeg

@pepperandchips - Thanks for checking in! :wave2:

I-4 IPA? What, did they run out and borrow from CR CL? I’ve tried to like the I-4 IPA, but I just can’t for some reason. :-)

Beer was depleted quickly (but refilled fairly regularly, though there were multiple times that the fridge was bare except for Bud Light).

Obviously unsophisticated beer drinkers were guests during your visit. They left all the good stuff. 8-)

Our room ready text came at 1:00, and we had room 1518

Ahh, the room all the way at the end. Did that room have 2 Queens or a King?

Great pics - I could look at the lounge view pic all day. Thanks again!

ETA: Did that little yogurt cup come prepared like that, or did you make it yourself?

This is the kids area at YC. They have peanut butter & jelly cups out with rolls, “pigs in a blanket” with ketchup for dipping, couple of kid friendly cold cereals etc. Food offerings would be pretty similar if not identical to BC. I would say it is as kid friendly as anywhere else. There are always families there. However, because it is also a conference hotel, there are often more adults in business/ conference/ networking mode around too. Just something to be aware of.
View attachment 327436
That is such a cute little area! my little guy would like that. Thank you for posting this

Last edited:
In thinking back to our trips, the Poly and RPC are the main CLs where my kids would often find the kids area already taken. Usually they would sit there with the other kids, occasionally there wouldn't be room. At the CR and the YC there usually weren't other kids in the area when they wanted to sit there. But at RPC the tables were such that we could easily sit there with the kids, so much easier for the area to be full. I can't remember at WL, and it was before the renovations anyway.

A bit hard to see, but the WL lounge has two kids tables with in a little alcove area with a TV. Those little tables/chairs are so stinkin' cute.

My only minor complaint with the setup here is that the food service area is on the exact opposite side of the lounge and in it's own area, so you can't easily keep an eye on the kiddos. With the exception of maybe GF, most of the other lounges are a bit more conducive to being able to grab food/beverage with your kids not being totally out of eye shot... or ear shot if you need to yell at them to behave. :-)

6.JPG

A bit hard to see, but the WL lounge has two kids tables with in a little alcove area with a TV. Those little tables/chairs are so stinkin' cute.

My only minor complaint with the setup here is that the food service area is on the exact opposite side of the lounge and in it's own area, so you can't easily keep an eye on the kiddos. With the exception of maybe GF, most of the other lounges are a bit more conducive to being able to grab food/beverage with your kids not being totally out of eye shot... or ear shot if you need to yell at them to behave. :-)

View attachment 327481
thank you! I don't know why, but I get such a kick out of those little tables....probably because my sons face lights up when he sees tables - that are just his size...

In thinking back to our trips, the Poly and RPC are the main CLs where my kids would often find the kids area already taken. Usually they would sit there with the other kids, occasionally there wouldn't be room. At the CR and the YC there usually weren't other kids in the area when they wanted to sit there. But at RPC the tables were such that we could easily sit there with the kids, so much easier for the area to be full. I can't remember at WL, and it was before the renovations anyway.
yes, that makes sense about the Yacht club. We are trying to book a trip for November - and only looking to go to HS and Epcot, so Yacht Club may be perfect for us... (no rooms at BC for our dates)

HRFSzbc.png

View from the lounge

Fhmokq4.png

sYbrX7x.png

fGPxH28.png

QMKXWi5.png

UroGyCD.png

By5i2VY.png

The toiletries offered

roiSXif.png

0XAwtCi.png

I have one of those monorail sticker MB too.

AHHH I love poly ! thanks for the pix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter