Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

3 more sleeps until Poly CL!!!! We are bursting with excitement. I still don't know anything about this additional FPes you can buy...can you do it for just one night? For our last day, we usually do MK during the day and EP at night. I'd love to get some Tier 1 FPes for our night at Epcot but I'm not sure how it works. Anyone want to explain it to me? I'm struggling to read all of the past posts ;)
Thanks!

Just actually purchased mine this morning with the CM at DSS so any other questions feel free to ask

It’s a 3 day minimum purchase meaning you would have to purchase additional fastpasses for 3 of your Park days.....

$50 per person, no tier restrictions(for example book FEA, Test track, and soarin NO ISSUES), reserved seating at nighttime show as well

Not everyone in your group has to purchase just whoever wants to utilize the fast passes

Oh wow. 3 days minimum? So I have 4 people in our family and we always do rides together. So it would be an extra $600 minimum?! Yikes, that's a lot. I guess we will wing it and see what we can book on the fly. Thanks so much for the info!

3 more sleeps until Poly CL!!!! We are bursting with excitement. I still don't know anything about this additional FPes you can buy...can you do it for just one night? For our last day, we usually do MK during the day and EP at night. I'd love to get some Tier 1 FPes for our night at Epcot but I'm not sure how it works. Anyone want to explain it to me? I'm struggling to read all of the past posts ;)
Thanks!
I'm jealous. We have 10 months 3 days till Poly CL. :(

Then again, We're going to Disney at Christmas time so I can't really be sad. :D

Mike

Oh wow. 3 days minimum? So I have 4 people in our family and we always do rides together. So it would be an extra $600 minimum?! Yikes, that's a lot. I guess we will wing it and see what we can book on the fly. Thanks so much for the info!

No worries, anytime!!!....I know I was hit by sticker shock too when I first priced it out!!! family of 4 as well (well 5 but my daughter is 2) but I was looking at all these dessert parties I was booking (HEA, Starwars, frozen parties) and realized that this would come out to only a little more. Plus a little less stress trying to get everything in on our trip but definitely wish it was cheaper!!!!

Hope you have a great trip with your family!!! :)

We arrive on the 28th and was told we couldn’t purchase the 3 extra FP. Kind of sad, because it would have helped out a lot with my stress level.

Thanks!

I'm 99% sure they're not available for purchase for your trip dates. Im sure someone (cough, cough @GADisneyDad14 ) can confirm that. The stipulations are as others have said, minimum 3 days but you can buy them for whomever you want.
Honestly, we've been the past 2 weekends, MK 2 weeks ago and EP this past weekend. I had no trouble pulling additional FP both times. I was able to get Soarin and test track @ EP, this past weekend. I had 4 in my party and both were within an hour of me booking them. For example at 2pm, I pulled a 3pm Soarin

I'm 99% sure they're not available for purchase for your trip dates. Im sure someone (cough, cough @GADisneyDad14 ) can confirm that. The stipulations are as others have said, minimum 3 days but you can buy them for whomever you want.
Honestly, we've been the past 2 weekends, MK 2 weeks ago and EP this past weekend. I had no trouble pulling additional FP both times. I was able to get Soarin and test track @ EP, this past weekend. I had 4 in my party and both were within an hour of me booking them. For example at 2pm, I pulled a 3pm Soarin

Yeah, the Extra FP+ Trial Program doesn't start until 3/13/2018 (meaning, you need to be staying 3/13/2018 or later to book it). Hope that helps! :-)

In case this is helpful to others, I have updated the CL Extra FP+ Trial Program info I posted several pages back as some things have changed or we have more clarity on certain topics. Below is the latest. It’s long (sorry!) but there are a lot of details with this program.

Club Level Extra FP+ & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info is needed to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along so all of the above is subject to change
If anyone has any questions, clarifications, other info to add, or different experiences, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
In case this is helpful to others, I have updated the CL Extra FP+ Trial Program info I posted several pages back as some things have changed or we have more clarity on certain topics. Below is the latest. It’s long (sorry!) but there are a lot of details with this program.

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info is needed to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 1 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along so all of the above is subject to change
If anyone has any questions, clarifications, other info to add, or different experiences, please let me know. Thanks!

great information and very well put together........ just for an FYI the CM I spoke with yesterday said that the cancellation would have to be made 48 HOURS before your first extra purchase fast pass .... not sure if people are getting different info but it sounded like that was being read off a sheet lol

Also as an aside, yesterday I booked this program for an upcoming stay. I'll be honest, I mainly did it just to see the mechanics of it as this program doesn't necessarily fit our touring style. Just curious as to how the whole thing works more than anything.

Couple of observations:
  • It's a time consuming booking process. Was on hold for DSS 10 minutes and the call itself lasted over 30 minutes. The CM is having to do a lot of work and manual entry of info. If you don't know the parks that well or don't have a plan mapped out, this type of call could be much longer.
  • For me - and this is perhaps the biggest negative for me so far - trying to map out days with 6 FPs and nighttime viewing 90 days in advance was actually pretty hard! This is the part that doesn't really work that well for our style... I'm good with a few FPs then back for resort time. Even planning a few in the morning at Park A and a few in the evening for Park B takes a lot of "thinking" about your plan. I like our open/un-planned time and this pushes those boundaries a bit (personal opinion of course).
  • The nighttime viewing is personally hugely appealing for our style. Replacing dessert parties with this could really work.
  • The whole "Three Extra FPs" that can only be modified by DSS and "Three Regular FPs" that can be modified yourself is pretty confusing and needs a hard core MDX user to keep straight. This really puts an emphasis on being organized with your selections and thinking about your day, depending on your approach / plan.
  • Had an awesome DSS CM that really knew the parks, rides, etc. You could tell this CM was still learning the ins/outs of how to book this specific program, but they were really good. The call would have been 10 times more difficult with a 'new' CM or someone not well acquainted with the parks or the FP system.
Happy to answer any questions!

@Ronferr80, I think you did the same thing yesterday too. If I've missed anything, please chime in.

Also as an aside, yesterday I booked this program for an upcoming stay. I'll be honest, I mainly did it just to see the mechanics of it as this program doesn't necessarily fit our touring style. Just curious as to how the whole thing works more than anything.

Couple of observations:
  • It's a time consuming booking process. Was on hold for DSS 10 minutes and the call itself lasted over 30 minutes. The CM is having to do a lot of work and manual entry of info. If you don't know the parks that well or don't have a plan mapped out, this type of call could be much longer.
  • For me - and this is perhaps the biggest negative for me so far - trying to map out days with 6 FPs and nighttime viewing 90 days in advance was actually pretty hard! This is the part that doesn't really work that well for our style... I'm good with a few FPs then back for resort time. Even planning a few in the morning at Park A and a few in the evening for Park B takes a lot of "thinking" about your plan. I like our open/un-planned time and this pushes those boundaries a bit (personal opinion of course).
  • The nighttime viewing is personally hugely appealing for our style. Replacing dessert parties with this could really work.
  • The whole "Three Extra FPs" that can only be modified by DSS and "Three Regular FPs" that can be modified yourself is pretty confusing and needs a hard core MDX user to keep straight. This really puts an emphasis on being organized with your selections and thinking about your day, depending on your approach / plan.
  • Had an awesome DSS CM that really knew the parks, rides, etc. You could tell this CM was still learning the ins/outs of how to book this specific program, but they were really good. The call would have been 10 times more difficult with a 'new' CM or someone not well acquainted with the parks or the FP system.
Happy to answer any questions!

@Ronferr80, I think you did the same thing yesterday too. If I've missed anything, please chime in.

I've gone back and read all my posts and then I look at yours and realize that mine look like chicken scratch and so confusing and yours are sooooooo detailed and flow perfectly!!!!!! :)

- I agree with with time consuming... I think I may have underestimated how long it actually took in my original post and agree that it definitely takes some time for them to book and my CM had to put me on hold several times to speak with someone (Probably talking to the informed and helpful CM you were lucky enough to get!!!) My CM actually asked me where one of the attractions was located in the park when booking it (they said they were having a brain lapse lol)

- Also agree with booking the 6 fastpasses....I've already called to move some things around lol and find myself questioning if there is a better way, or time saving lol when looking at maps and all the attractions its a lot more difficult then one thinks to book this or to plan out your day this far in advance

-NIGHTIME VIEWING was the icing on the cake for me (in my opinion)

-I did notice that my CM couldn't get the exact times I wanted for my "free fastpasses" but when they showed up on my MDE I was able to move those around to exactly the times I wanted..... again not sure if it was my CM or just their system

-I'm not park hopping but actually believe this program is even more valuable for people that park hop in my opinion. I think maybe when my kids are a little older I will do it that way but for people who are park hopping and using this option they are gonna have some great days planned out!!!

Wow, thanks for doing all that work, an excellent summary :wizard:

This will prevent me from :badpc:

- I agree with with time consuming... I think I may have underestimated how long it actually took in my original post and agree that it definitely takes some time for them to book and my CM had to put me on hold several times to speak with someone (Probably talking to the informed and helpful CM you were lucky enough to get!!!) My CM actually asked me where one of the attractions was located in the park when booking it (they said they were having a brain lapse lol)

- Also agree with booking the 6 fastpasses....I've already called to move some things around lol and find myself questioning if there is a better way, or time saving lol when looking at maps and all the attractions its a lot more difficult then one thinks to book this or to plan out your day this far in advance

-NIGHTIME VIEWING was the icing on the cake for me (in my opinion)

-I did notice that my CM couldn't get the exact times I wanted for my "free fastpasses" but when they showed up on my MDE I was able to move those around to exactly the times I wanted..... again not sure if it was my CM or just their system

-I'm not park hopping but actually believe this program is even more valuable for people that park hop in my opinion. I think maybe when my kids are a little older I will do it that way but for people who are park hopping and using this option they are gonna have some great days planned out!!!

Agree on this....

It was very time consuming --- we booked 3 days and wound up discussing ADR's, ride proximity, etc....

For us since we'd decided on parks for each day and booked our regular 60+ days FP before calling helped us a lot.... We'd already decided on a ton of things before we even made the call... had we called with an open canvas at 90 days (which was announced after we booked) I can see how this could be even more difficult to balance everything and I think the call would have been longer.

For me there are real pro's and cons to booking at 90 days versus the 60 days (and then adding the extra pass offered by CL.) I had booked my 60+10 on the first day of this so I already had most 1st tier rides booked at different parks and had a really strong idea of how to use the extra FP+ and evening event. i can see if someone booked at 90 days this adds more variables.

It will be interesting to see how popular this was... and how they roll it out in the future

Agree on this....

It was very time consuming --- we booked 3 days and wound up discussing ADR's, ride proximity, etc....

For us since we'd decided on parks for each day and booked our regular 60+ days FP before calling helped us a lot.... We'd already decided on a ton of things before we even made the call... had we called with an open canvas at 90 days (which was announced after we booked) I can see how this could be even more difficult to balance everything and I think the call would have been longer.

For me there are real pro's and cons to booking at 90 days versus the 60 days (and then adding the extra pass offered by CL.) I had booked my 60+10 on the first day of this so I already had most 1st tier rides booked at different parks and had a really strong idea of how to use the extra FP+ and evening event. i can see if someone booked at 90 days this adds more variables.

It will be interesting to see how popular this was... and how they roll it out in the future

If you saw the pages of notes I had for each park trying to figure out the best way to set up all my fast passes you would have laughed at me and thought I was preparing for a final exam lol

I booked everything all at once but I do agree the fact that I had everything planned out made it go a lot quicker then someone who calls with no ideas on what they want

If you saw the pages of notes I had for each park trying to figure out the best way to set up all my fast passes you would have laughed at me and thought I was preparing for a final exam lol

I booked everything all at once but I do agree the fact that I had everything planned out made it go a lot quicker then someone who calls with no ideas on what they want

Nah... I would have loved it .... my DH laughs at me as I have spreadsheets with multiple scenarios plotted.... even created a small data analysis program based on our parks, resort, ADRs, FP, transportation, etc.... to be honest I think part of the joy of a WDW vacation is the planning...

Nah... I would have loved it .... my DH laughs at me as I have spreadsheets with multiple scenarios plotted.... even created a small data analysis program based on our parks, resort, ADRs, FP, transportation, etc.... to be honest I think part of the joy of a WDW vacation is the planning...

100% agree!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter