Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are staying in a standard view studio in July. I know most of those views are of the parking lot but are there any rooms that have a better view like of part of HS or Epcot? We would prefer to be on the top floor.

We are staying in a standard view studio in July. I know most of those views are of the parking lot but are there any rooms that have a better view like of part of HS or Epcot? We would prefer to be on the top floor.
High floor standard views used to be able to see the highest Epcot fireworks, but no direct view of the park. The standard views “near tennis courts” look into a park-like area (trees & grass) but have the advantage of being halfway to DHS, if you use the exit at the end of the hall near the waterway. I’m not sure whether the highest ones can see a glimpse of DHS or not.

Do the rooms at the Boardwalk feel as outdated as they look in photos?

The disney stock photos on their website look a little more outdated than they really are but it does go with the territory of a 1920's Atlantic City themed hotel that the furnishings are a little more traditional, which right now, traditional style appears to be kind of out of style. But the rooms are very nice and have been updated, a few years back, so the don't look exactly like those pics. The Inn rooms have more darker furnishings and the Villas are not as traditional with white beds if I recall correctly.

Hello! Can you give me a basic idea where the standard CL rooms are, we are booked for sept 26.
Standard CL room could be garden or BW view rooms. The garden view rooms will overlook the backside of the resort where the quiet pool is and the garden cottage are. You may also end up with a view of the Boardwalk! The only rooms that guarantee a BW view are the deluxe rooms.

Hello! Can you give me a basic idea where the standard CL rooms are, we are booked for sept 26.

To add to PP's post, here's a crude visual of the 4th floor.

Most CL rooms are "behind the Innkeeper's Door" but rooms designated as CL also extend out roughly half way down the hall between the elevators and Innkeeper's door. One BWI CL stay I was in the room in red on that hallway and the CL rooms stopped a couple to the left.

You read some who say they like to be "behind the Innkeeper's Door" and will make that their request, in addition to any view request.

Hope that helps!

We got back earlier this week, but spent 10 nights at BWV (boardwalk view) -- the exact room I wanted! When we got to our room, there were balloons, a Mickey photo with a note, and had "Family of the Day" buttons. So, that was a nice surprise out of nowhere!

Housekeeping was great -- we had 1 full cleaning and 1 towel service day. They emptied the trash cans every day. They brought extra towels, etc. if needed.

We had good weather and the pool was never that crowded, but since BWI wasn't open, I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

I don't know if we just got lucky, but bus service was really good for us (even Magical Express). The only issue was coming back from AK one evening where we waited about 20 minutes for a bus. We walked to Epcot and HS most of the time, took the friendship boat back from HS once (got off at Swan/Dolphin), and rode the skyliner a couple of times to check some stuff out.

I felt like the lobby smelled a little different... Anyone whose been there recently notice a difference? I usually love the smell, but something was a little different. I did have to go over to the Beach Club just to get a whiff of their lobby, lol.

The Boardwalk To Go kiosk/hut opened back up while we were there, but their menu is a little limited right now -- at least it was earlier this week. Never got to try Boardwalk Ice Cream because the times we wanted ice cream, there was a line of at least 20 people waiting to get in.

They tested the Epcot nighttime show twice while we were there. Woke us up out of bed at midnight, but we got to see the fireworks from our balcony.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm reading there may be fireworks back at Epcot in July....I know it's a maybe but I'm wondering....with Epcot so close can you see their fireworks from the boardwalk? And if so, in the past, did Epcot have fireworks every evening?

Four of us are going to be staying at BWI (Standard View) for the first time (and our first time back at Disney in years) the week of October 3rd (first full week of the 50th!). The only other resorts we’ve stayed at have been the Swan/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Any tips about the Boardwalk we should know?

Four of us are going to be staying at BWI (Standard View) for the first time (and our first time back at Disney in years) the week of October 3rd (first full week of the 50th!). The only other resorts we’ve stayed at have been the Swan/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Any tips about the Boardwalk we should know?
How exciting!
(Assuming it's open then) be sure to stop into the Belle Vue Lounge at the BWI. Fun atmosphere, it's a relaxing place for a drink.

There was a thread which discussed BoardWalk tips and tricks. (Reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading.)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-villas-tips-and-tricks.3832197/page-3#post-62894729

I'm reading there may be fireworks back at Epcot in July....I know it's a maybe but I'm wondering....with Epcot so close can you see their fireworks from the boardwalk? And if so, in the past, did Epcot have fireworks every evening?
The fireworks will be behind BWI so it's difficult to see the bursts from the boardwalk.
I believe Epcot had fireworks scheduled for every evening, but occasionally they were canceled due to the weather.

From the fourth floor rooms you get a decent view of the high fireworks and the low stuff is mostly obscured by trees. I don't think you can see much of anything from the boardwalk itself.

To add to PP's post, here's a crude visual of the 4th floor.

Most CL rooms are "behind the Innkeeper's Door" but rooms designated as CL also extend out roughly half way down the hall between the elevators and Innkeeper's door. One BWI CL stay I was in the room in red on that hallway and the CL rooms stopped a couple to the left.

You read some who say they like to be "behind the Innkeeper's Door" and will make that their request, in addition to any view request.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 581312

Piggybacking on this question. We are staying in a Deluxe CL as we need more people space. Same situation? Or are the rooms located differently?

UPDATE: NVM I actually just found the 5 Deluxe CL rooms listed on the touring plans room view site and they all appear to be not in the inkeeper part but have nice boardwalk views.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter