Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone have any pictures of the quiet pool on the BWV side? I made a comment to DS about the Luna pool and he actually asked if there was a quiet pool? in 2012 we stayed at CBR and even at age 7 he enjoyed having a quiet pool without a side rather then the bigger one. In 2016 we were at All Star Movies and everyone was always in that pool....talk about a busy pool! Thanks!

Someone already posted a photo of the BWV quiet pool. One thing to keep in mind is that the BWV Community Hall is right near the BWV quiet pool, so that pool might get more action than the BWI quiet pool; IIRC the BWV quiet pool is not as isolated and hard to find as the BWI quiet pool.

Will be staying there for the first time in August (previously stayed at Contemporary, Poly the week before the Apocalypse last year, and a solo trip at POFQ (which I loved!!). Should be mild weather right? :)
Staying in a 1 BR Villa and looking forward to all the knowledge I can absorb from you fine people.
Feels weird not thinking about Fast Passes/DDP credits this time around..and maybe a little liberating actually.

Last edited:
Will be staying there for the first time in August (previously stayed at Contemporary, Poly the week before the Apocalypse last year, and a solo trip at POFQ (which I loved!!). Should be mild weather right? :)
Staying in a 1 BR Villa and looking forward to all the knowledge I can absorb from you fine people.
Feels weird not thinking about Fast Passes/DDP credits this time around...any maybe a little liberating actually.
This was our first time in forever not getting the DD and it was a little liberating. We still did one sit down but then it gave us the liberty to eat smaller stuff through out the day if we wanted to instead of CS. Honestly we ate so much at the sit downs that half the time we wouldn't have room for a CS anyway. LOL

So I know from experience that the room request feature from Touring Plans is more miss than hit but will always try anyways.
I have Garden Pool 1 BR and requested room 4040...view of the pool and the Tower of Terror. Doesnt seem too far from the elusive elevators. Doesn't seem to be any Epcot views in this category...anyone have any other room recommendations?

Feels weird not thinking about Fast Passes/DDP credits this time around..and maybe a little liberating actually.

The location is great--right between Epcot and the Studios. You can walk or take a boat to either place. The villas are on the DHS side of the resort, and the Inn is on the Epcot side, although Epcot is significantly closer than DHS, the latter is no more than an 8-10 minute walk. We're staying at BWI--water view, which we've done before. Right now I believe the bike rentals and the ESPN Club are closed, but that could change in August. Someone else may have more info on that. I think that BW, YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin area, is the prettiest setting at WDW, resort-wise. You should be able to see fireworks from both Epcot and DHS, if they're having them. Someone else may be more up to date on things as this is our first trip to WDW in four years, and our first trip back to BW in seven years. I can't believe it's been that long, time flies :umbrella: Personally, I found the reserved FP to be a hassle and much preferred the old paper ones. We've never done the DP, so guess we won't miss that popcorn:: This will be like the old days before FP which we remember, but many younger folk may not. Have a great trip, and enjoy the villas :wave2:

When we were at a park we would check the app and it would say what time the bus was expected at the resort and what time it was expected to arrive at the park but it wasn't really accurate. We were hoping it would give us an idea on what time to expect it at the park since it doesn't really tell you that.
ime if the bus is delayed for any reason the expected arrival time just keeps updating to being later. So it's often worthless.

Does anyone know at what time in the morning you can start mobile ordering breakfast at The Wave to try and get the first window after they open at 7:30?

We'd love to get breakfast and eat it in our room but also want to make opening at MK in the morning (which is currently officially 9:00/unofficially 8:15 - if that moves earlier to 8:00/7:15, we'd skip ordering from The Wave).

On the App it says only Contemporary or Bay Lake guests can mobile order at the Wave. Also if you're trip is after July 15 it will be closing for refurbishment...which stinks since I will be there in August and it is one of my favorite spots...want to try those Bacon and Eggs that Pete salivates over.

We normally stay at Pop or POFQ/RS and are usually only in the room to sleep. This year we are staying at BWI Standard 2 queen. I have heard some rooms in that category have 2 balconies, is that true?

I have looked on Touring Plans for rooms but I would rather hear from the experts on this board, where is the best room under a standard option?

Hopefully, they have some tofutti/ non dairy options like BC did. It's not on the menu though, so that probably means they don't. Boo.

I'm really hoping it opens up in a the next week or two so we can get info prior to being there on the 6th. I'm ALL IN for running down to get some then enjoy it on our balcony!

it’s nice to have an ice cream option but that clearly is not a replacement for Beaches and Cream takeout window.
Yeah, kind of a disappointing menu - based on the idea that it was a replacement for the B&C window.

I'm certainly not complaining about having another option to get ice cream, especially since we check into BWV in 10 days. But was hoping for a little more options than that. I guess we will see if the menu expands as it gets rolling too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter