Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We check-in for our first on-property stay next Tuesday, 8/22. Long time Disney travelers but I work for a hotel chain so we typically stay for free offsite. We splurged this time for an on-property stay and we are so excited about AoA!!!

Anyway, I was curious about bellman/luggage storage at AoA... we have an early arrival (10:30am) but I selected my room preferences as higher priority than early check-in so I am assuming our room will not be ready. We are taking ME to the resort and I'd love to leave our carry-on luggage from the plane (iPads mostly) at the hotel before we head to the parks. Just looking for some reassurance from others that have stored luggage before the room is ready. Is it secure?

Also, in an unrelated question - even though I have a credit card on file for park purchases to be charged to my room via Magic Bands, am I able to settle the charges on the final day with Disney GCs, instead of the CC? Thanks in advance for helping this on-property newbie.

I can't help with the luggage question as we drive and our room has always (except for 1 time about 15 years ago) been ready when we arrive around noon. I'll just mention that if you've done online check in, there's a chance your room will be ready when you arrive.

As far as the gift cards... I usually stop down at some point during our stay to apply gift cards to the room balance. There is a total charging limit of $1500 and once you approach that amount, they will put the charge through to the credit card on file. In our experience, they actually put the charge through at about $1,100-$1,200. I was told they do it before you reach your limit so that the system doesn't "cut you off" when you're out in the parks and deny your charges. I know a lot of people don't ever come close to that amount in room charges but we're a family of 4 adults, a late teen, and a tween and we don't do the dining plan so the charges add up quickly for us. It's much better now than when the limit was $500 and they'd put the charges through at $375-400 --- I'd always have to make sure to go to the front desk with our gift cards the 2nd day we were there because we'd already be approaching the limit. Just thought I'd mention it in case it applies to you.

One little bit of advice -- we always make sure to buy something in the resort food court or gift shop and charge it to our Magic Bands before heading to the parks. That way we know our bands and charging privileges are working before we leave the resort. We've never had a problem, but I know some people have.

Does AoA have an area to shower after you check out of your room? We are going to Epcot and do not have a flight until 9pm. Thanks

I can't help with the luggage question as we drive and our room has always (except for 1 time about 15 years ago) been ready when we arrive around noon. I'll just mention that if you've done online check in, there's a chance your room will be ready when you arrive.

As far as the gift cards... I usually stop down at some point during our stay to apply gift cards to the room balance. There is a total charging limit of $1500 and once you approach that amount, they will put the charge through to the credit card on file. In our experience, they actually put the charge through at about $1,100-$1,200. I was told they do it before you reach your limit so that the system doesn't "cut you off" when you're out in the parks and deny your charges. I know a lot of people don't ever come close to that amount in room charges but we're a family of 4 adults, a late teen, and a tween and we don't do the dining plan so the charges add up quickly for us. It's much better now than when the limit was $500 and they'd put the charges through at $375-400 --- I'd always have to make sure to go to the front desk with our gift cards the 2nd day we were there because we'd already be approaching the limit. Just thought I'd mention it in case it applies to you.

One little bit of advice -- we always make sure to buy something in the resort food court or gift shop and charge it to our Magic Bands before heading to the parks. That way we know our bands and charging privileges are working before we leave the resort. We've never had a problem, but I know some people have.

Thank you so much! Very helpful to hear and I especially appreciate your advice about the magic band room charge before heading to the parks. That never even occurred to me.

One more question... what time would you request an Uber from AoA to be at MK for a 8:20 BOG PPO reservation? And I should say I'm going to the Contemporary and walk to MK, yes? Thanks in advance!

How do we get to Typhoon Lagoon (in oct) using the disney transportation? Thanks

Get on the bus labeled "Typhoon Lagoon". That bus will drop you off at Disney Springs. Then transfer to the Typhoon Lagoon bus there that will actually take young Typhoon Lagoon.

Last edited:

Not sure if this question can really be answered but I will ask, We are staying at AOA for a super quick surprise trip next month in a Cars suite as the 2 year old in the party is cars OBSESSED. I have been using touring plans but it is somewhat lacking. I have a room that appears to have a good view requested but I am not sure if there is a better view. My goal is to be able to see characters out the window the closer the better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure if this question can really be answered but I will ask, We are staying at AOA for a super quick surprise trip next month in a Cars suite as the 2 year old in the party is cars OBSESSED. I have been using touring plans but it is somewhat lacking. I have a room that appears to have a good view requested but I am not sure if there is a better view. My goal is to be able to see characters out the window the closer the better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Looks like building 1 or 3 are your best bet. Building 1 room 1513 and building 3 room 3527. If you go to touringplans.com you can see the view from each room.

Looks like building 1 or 3 are your best bet. Building 1 room 1513 and building 3 room 3527. If you go to touringplans.com you can see the view from each room.
thank you thank you thank you I was looking at 3827 but I am thinking that 1513 might be even better with the double stroller not having to worry about the elevator.

thank you thank you thank you I was looking at 3827 but I am thinking that 1513 might be even better with the double stroller not having to worry about the elevator.

You're welcome. Hope you get the location you want. First floor I would think would definitely be better with a double stroller.

Hi All,
Hoping to get opinions from people who have stayed at AoA - we are Disneyland regulars (visited 6 times in the past 7 years) and have been to WDW once. We will be heading to the Bahamas for Spring Break (March) by way of Florida. Hubby decided that there's no way we could stop in Florida without going to WDW, so we're planning to spend a week in Florida beforehand. There will be 4 of us - myself, hubby, DD10 and DS8.

I haven't quite figured out what we want to do with that week - maybe fly into Tampa (which looks less expensive for flights) and spend a couple nights there, then come to WDW/Orlando area. Alternatively, we could make our home base in Orlando and then do day trips to Tampa/Clearwater. If the latter, then I'm not sure if we should do just a couple nights at a deluxe and then switch to offsite or a vacation rental to bring down the cost. Or, we could spend the whole week at AoA and not have to switch hotels.

I think AoA would be the easiest and most cost effective, but I'm not sure if 7 nights at AoA would be too overstimulating. This year we stayed at the Legoland hotel in California, and even though the kids loved it and it was really cute to look at, I couldn't imagine staying there for more than one night. It was just too much for me. I get the same feeling when we go to Great Wolf Lodge in Washington, but that may be because we end up spending a tonne of money without going outside for 3 days!

So (finally) my question is... how overstimulating is Art of Animation? The theme looks really fun and well done, but is it enjoyable for adults and older children (ages 8 and 10)? Would 7 nights feel like too many?

Thanks for your help. We're so used to doing DLR in California, so I just stick with HOJO or DLH or a combination of both. Not used to so many resorts to choose from!

FYI for those coming down very soon. I'm currently in cars building 1 and there is a ton of construction noise and very loud pile driving. I would request building 3 looking at the lake if you can. I'm not sure how my kids are going to nap.

FYI for those coming down very soon. I'm currently in cars building 1 and there is a ton of construction noise and very loud pile driving. I would request building 3 looking at the lake if you can. I'm not sure how my kids are going to nap.

Ask them if there is a room in building 3 you could be moved to. Explain your concern and maybe they can accommodate a move.

Isn't the lake exactly where the construction is taking place? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would the building closest to the lake be quietest?

Isn't the lake exactly where the construction is taking place? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would the building closest to the lake be quietest?

I was wondering that, too. Is there some other construction going on other than the gondola prep work? Where is the noise coming from?? I can understand that certain areas of Buildings 2 & 3 could be getting some noise from the work going on at the barge/boat launch area, but I'm not sure what's going on near Building 1. Curious minds want to know! :)

I was wondering that, too. Is there some other construction going on other than the gondola prep work? Where is the noise coming from?? I can understand that certain areas of Buildings 2 & 3 could be getting some noise from the work going on at the barge/boat launch area, but I'm not sure what's going on near Building 1. Curious minds want to know! :)

Well, crud. I'm wondering too. Six days out from online check-in: Nemo for us, Lion King for my folks.

It wouldn't be Disney without a crane in view :rolleyes:

There's a youtube video just posted yesterday of the lovely crane and construction walls - hope the link works, if not copy and paste it into your browser.

I'm a newbie, but have been lurking for a few months. I so appreciate all of the helpful info found here!

We are staying at AoA end of Jan 2018 - husband and three kids 6, 5, 1. We chose AoA for the affordable suites and fun theming. Question or where to find an old thread: How brutal is the bus wait and drive BACK from MK?

Most days park days we will RD and stay as long as kiddos can handle. There is one day that we need to come back for a break then return to MK for CRT and I'm starting to wonder if I should hold out to see if we can afford any Poly discount so we can use the monorail.

Thanks!

Well, crud. I'm wondering too. Six days out from online check-in: Nemo for us, Lion King for my folks.

I know what that poster is talking about. There is some kind of construction going on in front of AofA. I'm not sure where exactly, but I could hear the pile driving (slightly) from my lakeview room at Pop towards the Cars section. There is currently no construction noise happening by the bridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter