Disneyland reveal

tankgirl!

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are taking our two children (ages 10 and 12) to Disneyland for the Oogie Boogie Bash (first time at a Halloween party!) and I'd like to surprise them with the news in a creative way. Any ideas? In the past I've announced exciting vacation plans with scavenger hunts, mad libs, and word jumbles, and my almost-teens are getting savvy to my ways. Thanks for the help and ideas!

We always give our nephews a "doing gift" (our middle nephew calls them "aventures" instead of adventures), and I always give it to them in some sort of fun way like you've mentioned. We've done poems that give them clues, scavenger hunts and actual puzzles they put together.

For Disney, we didn't tell our nephews until we were landing at LAX. The flight attendant announced it and the boys were stunned. It was pretty funny. We didn't lie to them - we told them we were going out of state to have Thanksgiving with family. We just didn't tell them where we were going, or that the family we were having Thanksgiving with were the same family members we were traveling with.

How fun! Could you do something with costumes? Gifts or early costume shopping depending on the day? I don’t know if you have a DD or if they’d be into BBB but that was one of my surprises for DD. I took her to BBB before MHP do she got to choose her costume and get dolled up. For my son I surprised him with a trip to USH before Disney and he got a robe for MHP. Will they know about Disney but not OBB? If so you could always decorate the hotel room. I did that once with a Christmas surprise to our hotel room and the kids were thrilled but you could do a Halloween theme.

Hi! We are taking our two children (ages 10 and 12) to Disneyland for the Oogie Boogie Bash (first time at a Halloween party!) and I'd like to surprise them with the news in a creative way.

If you'd like some park maps to help with the surprise, let me know and I'll be happy to send you some. I've sent them to a number of people on the board who've used them in a variety of ways to surprise their kids. I believe I have several on hand but I'll also be in the park tomorrow (I usually go Sunday but this week is the CHOC Walk, which means a Sunday 10:00 park open, which no one digs). If you'd like some, simply send me a direct message via the board :-).

Rob

Thanks for the great ideas! We'll probably tell them soon (at least about the trip to Disneyland) because they like to plan ahead (and I think the news will help alleviate some back-to-school melancholy). Plus I'm really excited and I don't think I can keep a secret that long! But I think it would be great to decorate the hotel room. And thank you, WonkaKid! I'll take you up on that as soon as I figure out direct messaging!

I had a random idea while waiting for my husband to come rescue me and my dead car battery 😂

What if you make a playlist of songs that all point to clues. Not necessarily Disney songs, but popular songs that have to do with where you're going, how you'll get there, things you'll see, etc. Could be fun!

Thank you, mouschievous! I'm sorry you got stuck, but what a great idea. Any playlist suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter