Disneyland Paris - News

Okay, I'm back from my holiday in the UK. Let's do some news!

- Premier Access bundle on sale now, as of 90 euro.
You can buy a bundle now that gives you access to all 12 rides with premier access, instead of buying every ride separately. The price can differ per season.
If it's needed depends on your time available, time of year etc.

- Mickey and the Magician has returned! :D
This is a great show, in the style of Mickey and the Magical Map, Mickey and the Wondrous Book etc. If you love shows, you cannot miss this.

- Frozen: A Musical Invitation will be closed 9-5-2022 to 17-6-2022
It's a cute little show, however, queue up early and the audience space is not great.

- Character dinners are back

- Walt's restaurant has reopened

- We have some picures of CEO Natascha Rafalski walking around the new Avenger Campus

- I have never seen Minnie in this outfit. It's at Santa Fe

It is a shame that such a sign is necessary at the happiest place on earth.

Some guests are not worthy.>:(

I know, I am way behind on reporting on the opening of Avengers part in the Studios. Life is busy and what doesn't help: I'm not into Marvel ;-)

What I did find out today was news to me:
This Summer, Café Agrabah is also open for dinner. For as long as I can remember it was always only open for lunch, but for my visit in July I can book a table with 20:15 as the latest time.

Disneyland Paris employee ruins marriage proposal by snatching ring from man on bended knee

Disneyland Paris issued an apology after an overzealous employee interrupted what would have been a storybook marriage proposal inside the amusement park.

Fans weren’t happy with the “Happiest Place on Earth” after a viral video showed the worker snatching a diamond ring box out of a man’s hands while he was still on one knee popping the question.

The man, dressed in all white, is seen kneeling on an elevated platform in front of a large crowd, who can be heard cheering loudly for the couple. The woman, in a blue dress, covers her mouth in disbelief, overcome with emotion.

Suddenly, a park employee in Mickey Mouse ears rushes the stage and snags the ring out of the man’s hands then scurries down the stairs, urging the couple to come down. The baffled couple looks at the man before they follow him.

“She said, ‘yes,’” the confused man tells the employee.

“Yes, that’s great,” the buzzkill worker responds, “but over here will be even better,” as he motions to the girl to come down.

1654543240467.png
1654543256935.png
1654543272874.png
1654543287742.png
Disney said the park has apologized to the couple for the interruption.

“We regret how this was handled,” a Disney spokesperson told Newsweek. “We have apologized to the couple involved and offered to make it right.”

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/disneyland-paris-employee-ruins-marriage-proposal/

Disneyland Paris employee ruins marriage proposal by snatching ring from man on bended knee

Disneyland Paris issued an apology after an overzealous employee interrupted what would have been a storybook marriage proposal inside the amusement park.

Fans weren’t happy with the “Happiest Place on Earth” after a viral video showed the worker snatching a diamond ring box out of a man’s hands while he was still on one knee popping the question.

The man, dressed in all white, is seen kneeling on an elevated platform in front of a large crowd, who can be heard cheering loudly for the couple. The woman, in a blue dress, covers her mouth in disbelief, overcome with emotion.

Suddenly, a park employee in Mickey Mouse ears rushes the stage and snags the ring out of the man’s hands then scurries down the stairs, urging the couple to come down. The baffled couple looks at the man before they follow him.

“She said, ‘yes,’” the confused man tells the employee.

“Yes, that’s great,” the buzzkill worker responds, “but over here will be even better,” as he motions to the girl to come down.

Disney said the park has apologized to the couple for the interruption.

“We regret how this was handled,” a Disney spokesperson told Newsweek. “We have apologized to the couple involved and offered to make it right.”

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/disneyland-paris-employee-ruins-marriage-proposal/
I've said it in another thread as well. The CM could have handled it differently, but I do not believe the couple who say they had permission from 1 cast member.
The gates to the stages are closed till a few minutes before show time. CMs are around to make sure no guest climbs on the stage, because there are always people who try. Especially children pushed by their parents. If they allow it for one, they have to allow it for all.

A CM who tells a guest on a crowded square that he can do something no one else is allowed to without telling her colleagues? She must be very new, or the couple is making things up.

Planet Hollywood in Disney Village will close in January 2023.

I am not too sad, I have eaten there once, food was fine, but service was slow. I am looking forward to the make-over of Disney Village in the coming years :)

Planet Hollywood in Disney Village will close in January 2023.

I am not too sad, I have eaten there once, food was fine, but service was slow. I am looking forward to the make-over of Disney Village in the coming years :)
We've eaten there every visit over the last 20 years and will miss it for the memories but very excited about the new Disney Village. I've hated seeing the Michael Graves design fall apart.

Since the situation is fluid and changing month to month it seems, maybe we could start a thread about masks and vax requirements (or the lack thereof) at DLP and France itself for those of us outside Europe?
AFAIK currently all the restrictions or requirements of any kind at DLP are over - yes? I am not sure about flights into France or French rules so if anyone knows please feel free to chime in.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (probably the 35C /95F degree heat) Shine Brighter is only performed as a parade and nothl the full show at the hub. That explains the lack of crowds around the castle.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (probably the 35C /95F degree heat) Shine Brighter is only performed as a parade and nothl the full show at the hub. That explains the lack of crowds around the castle.
Is this normal? If the weather is warm in late July/early August, do they do this on those days as well?

Is this normal? If the weather is warm in late July/early August, do they do this on those days as well?
It's not normal that it is this warm mid-June already and temperatures above 90 degrees are not uncommon, but 95 today and 100 tomorrow is a bit extreme as well. Then we have a good thunderstorm and it cools off to 77-83 degrees.

This show debuted in March, so it didn't have a Summer run yet.
The previous real hub show was in 2019. We did have Jungle Book Jive, it had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Clarice, King Louis and Baloo. All the others were dancers and musicians, and the music was not as energetic. The 30th anniversary is a real dance party with more dancers and 3fur & face characters. I think there is a plan when the temperature comes above a certain number they will switch to just the parade. Above that, it's probably not safe for especially fur characters to dance in full sun for 20 minutes.

Disclaimer, they didn't say it was due to the weather, but it's the only reason I can think of.

It's not normal that it is this warm mid-June already and temperatures above 90 degrees are not uncommon, but 95 today and 100 tomorrow is a bit extreme as well. Then we have a good thunderstorm and it cools off to 77-83 degrees.

This show debuted in March, so it didn't have a Summer run yet.
The previous real hub show was in 2019. We did have Jungle Book Jive, it had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Clarice, King Louis and Baloo. All the others were dancers and musicians, and the music was not as energetic. The 30th anniversary is a real dance party with more dancers and 3fur & face characters. I think there is a plan when the temperature comes above a certain number they will switch to just the parade. Above that, it's probably not safe for especially fur characters to dance in full sun for 20 minutes.

Disclaimer, they didn't say it was due to the weather, but it's the only reason I can think of.
A CM told us it was weather-related today, so that’s likely the case.

They did do the full show yesterday morning.

Since the situation is fluid and changing month to month it seems, maybe we could start a thread about masks and vax requirements (or the lack thereof) at DLP and France itself for those of us outside Europe?
AFAIK currently all the restrictions or requirements of any kind at DLP are over - yes? I am not sure about flights into France or French rules so if anyone knows please feel free to chime in.
Feel free to open a new thread. As I am within Europe, I am not of much help here.
As far as I know there are only measures to get into France. Within France measures are all cancelled at the moment. Go to the website of your government about rules for travelling abroad. My own government has a website where I can look up per country what the measures are and a link to local websites.

So, what's going on with the new Marvel stuff.... well, today was the day that AP holders could sign up for the preview days, 16-19 July.

Toy Story Land got some new decoration:
0630storytoy1.jpg

0630storytoy4.jpg

Mobile order is also available now in Hakuna Matata in the park and Restaurant en Coulisse, in addition to Hyperion and Casey's Corner, both in the park. So, that's good news. But the system isn't the easiest. It's not incorporated into the app, you are redirected to a website. It's not linked to your account, so you have to fill in your personal details every time you order. And there are issues with non-French bank cards.
One day, Abu... One day.

Minnie in her Parisian outfit meets as of this week in the Studios in the theater.
290343156_5343551759014438_1072094354359414399_n.jpg

So, dates of future events:
- Halloween will be from 1 October - 6 November, the parties will be on 29 and 31 October.
- Enchanted Christmas will be from 12 November - 8 January 2023
The new Christmas Parade and Let's Sing Christmas will return, no news about Mickey's Big Band
- NYE party on 31 December
- Magic over Disney (fireworks at Lake Disney) on 7 & 8 November, 19, 23 & 25 January 2023

Fantastic news about the Magic over Disney fireworks - for me at least. We arrive on the 7th November so this is perfect timing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter